FSU game thread

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright, Coming back to the lines,

King was UNDER on ints. To be honest he was extremely conservative today I felt. Not mad about it.

Haynes was UNDER on rushing yards. Not surprising, but still had 75.

FSU was UNDER on total yards, not even breaking 250. Yikes!

The line was EXACT on TO diff. Tech was the only team to ever cough up the ball and both times we retained it. This being exactly 0 is what surprised me the most.

Tech had UNDER the sack total. Technically we had 2 sacks but one was wiped by a facemask.

Total points was UNDER only 45 points total. Kinda shocked.

ESJ had UNDER 1.5 TD's, should've had one but HK over threw it.

Thanks for playing 3-4 on your predictions! I feel pretty good about my line settings given you went 50/50 I may start this as a regular basis. Maybe its own weekly thread?

I was expecting a much sloppier game. Wet weather and first game jitters. I'm surprised/impressed with how clean the game was. No turnovers. Few big play busts. Thought there'd be more points off mistakes for both teams.

Cannot believe our D held them to that few yards.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I was out all day on a prior commitment, somehow kept from hearing the result and just watched the game. Wow, our O-Line played lights out. Carson Palmer - who I dislike personally but feel has great insight as a color man at games - was gushing about our OL play AND our defensive improvement.

I loved our defense, so much better. Even giving up those 4th down plays, at least we mixed it up and made it relatively hard. The biggest change though is just straight-up preparation and communication. It finally felt like everyone knew there job and they were all prepared. FSU would change the play and our guys reacted immediately with a counter. Really good prep from the defense.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
GT's bringing 150 band members. They're scheduled to be at the HELLUVA Block Party on Friday and College Gameday on Saturday, in addition to the game.
We're in the hole financially, and we still pop for the band to travel?

Not sure who paid for that, but that's not cheap. If Tech picked up the tab, then that speaks volumes for the admin's financial commitment to the program. Big signal to the players that "We're here to win football games, and we're supporting you every way we can."

Classy.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting a much sloppier game. Wet weather and first game jitters. I'm surprised/impressed with how clean the game was. No turnovers. Few big play busts. Thought there'd be more points off mistakes for both teams.

Cannot believe our D held them to that few yards.
Yes, after the opening drive FSU TD and then the weather turning into a rain storm when we took possession I thought was a bad omen.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

Not sure who paid for that, but that's not cheap. If Tech picked up the tab, then that speaks volumes for the admin's financial commitment to the program. Big signal to the players that "We're here to win football games, and we're supporting you every way we can."

Classy.
I know the band was raising money this offseason through donations and tshirt sales. I’ve heard through the grapevine they will not be at any away games the rest of the season except UGA because their budget shrank and this game ate up most of the funds. I wanted to donate towards getting them to further away games but the link was broken and I never got a response in DMs.

I’ve read from players (non-Tech) that having the band/fans on the road makes a difference.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
I know the band was raising money this offseason through donations and tshirt sales. I’ve heard through the grapevine they will not be at any away games the rest of the season except UGA because their budget shrank and this game ate up most of the funds. I wanted to donate towards getting them to further away games but the link was broken and I never got a response in DMs.

I’ve read from players (non-Tech) that having the band/fans on the road makes a difference.
Kudos to the kids for pulling that off. I saw Key go over and climb the director's ladder to salute the band after the game.

He knows.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow

With the current euphoria, this could be fixed if we could get the attention of the right people. I just checked the band web page and the link is still broken...

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan

Classy.
Aer Lingus/the game provided funds for ~50 band members for each school. The GT Band (and f$u band) had to find a way to cover the rest.

Not sure where the final accounting landed/where the final money came from, but a couple months ago, after the fundraising window closed, the GT Band was still short several thousand, and I believe that was even with each band member paying to partially cover their travel.

Also, can confirm GT Athletics cut the Band's budget by almost 40% this year along with cuts across other departments. As a result, Ireland and u(sic)ga will be the only away games with any GT Band this year (with a similar impact anticipated for future years). No smaller pep bands at Syracuse, unc, VT or Louisville, etc.

I believe a general donation fund has been/is being set up for the GT Band to help in the future. Should be able to confirm within the week, and will share any/all info.

ramblineck

Jolly Good Fellow
Aer Lingus/the game provided funds for ~50 band members for each school. The GT Band (and f$u band) had to find a way to cover the rest.

Not sure where the final accounting landed/where the final money came from, but a couple months ago, after the fundraising window closed, the GT Band was still short several thousand, and I believe that was even with each band member paying to partially cover their travel.

Also, can confirm GT Athletics cut the Band's budget by almost 40% this year along with cuts across other departments. As a result, Ireland and u(sic)ga will be the only away games with any GT Band this year (with a similar impact anticipated for future years). No smaller pep bands at Syracuse, unc, VT or Louisville, etc.

I believe a general donation fund has been/is being set up for the GT Band to help in the future. Should be able to confirm within the week, and will share any/all info.
Please send a link when it is available. This is the first I’ve heard of this and would like to donate! LET THE BAND PLAY

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer

We need a Sound Engineering Major. Going on the road to games would be required for graduation.