FSU game thread

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
1724178474756.png

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hmm. Well, you can't game plan so specifically that it requires one specific player to pull off your plan, and I'm confident that CBF knows this, so I am also confident that we'll be OK. However, not having Haynes particularly will create some limitations, though I've heard that Cooley is pretty darn fast, too.
Haynes is a power runner, s shifty runner, and s breakaway runner all in one. Play calling gets more complicated if you have to substitute players who don’t have all those skill sets.

Heck, we’ll just have to beat them anyway.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
From the Covers Injury list, just updated:

GT
Player POS Status

B. Seither TE - Knee
( Tue, Aug 20)
Seither has suffered a knee injury and will miss the 2024 season.

J. Long TE - Knee
( Mon, Aug 19)
Long suffered a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

FSU
Player POS Status

D. Washington OL - Undisclosed
( Thu, Aug 15)
Washington is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

M. Smith OL - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Smith is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

L. Thomas TE - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Thomas is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Jackson DL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Jackson Jr. is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

J. Byers OL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Byers is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Hill WR - Knee
( Thu, Aug 1)
Hill is recovering from a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

Hate losing Seither - he was a decent blocker and a touchdown machine with the ball. I was about to say at least we have more TE depth this year until I read this report.
Don't know FSU's players that well but it appears they are going to be without some depth at OL.

WraleighWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Washington, smith and Byers all shown as starters on OL are listed as questionable. D Jackson is also shown as DL starter and is questionable.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Like many of you I have been following the roster and eventual depth chart quite close. I hit on Alexander, Stockton, and Butler. I got the OL but not the positions of Riggs and Galloway. I was surprised by Shelley at N and not CB (he still may really be both). I missed the CB N Chandler as I was impressed with Franklin and Dowdell in the Spring and thought they would be ahead of the June comers. It is actually good news about Chandler moving up so fast. I had picked Harris to be the D stud after the Bowl Game and am glad we have Height to push him more. Good Depth. No other surprises. Hope Jamal is not serious.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
From the Covers Injury list, just updated:

GT
Player POS Status

B. Seither TE - Knee
( Tue, Aug 20)
Seither has suffered a knee injury and will miss the 2024 season.

J. Long TE - Knee
( Mon, Aug 19)
Long suffered a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

FSU
Player POS Status

D. Washington OL - Undisclosed
( Thu, Aug 15)
Washington is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

M. Smith OL - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Smith is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

L. Thomas TE - Undisclosed
( Sat, Aug 10)
Thomas is dealing with an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Jackson DL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Jackson Jr. is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

J. Byers OL - Undisclosed
( Fri, Aug 9)
Byers is battling an undisclosed injury and is uncertain to take the field for the Seminoles.

D. Hill WR - Knee
( Thu, Aug 1)
Hill is recovering from a torn ACL and will miss the 2024 season.

Hate losing Seither - he was a decent blocker and a touchdown machine with the ball. I was about to say at least we have more TE depth this year until I read this report.
Don't know FSU's players that well but it appears they are going to be without some depth at OL.

Where is this from? If this is accurate this is major news.

Washington is supposed to be the best OL in the conference. Smith joined him on the preseason all ACC team on the OL. Byers is an OL starter as well. Jackson is one of their two stud DTs.

I feel like they must be expected to play. Otherwise this would be being talked about everywhere and the line would be swinging drastically back towards us.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Covers- Sports betting website.

Don’t see anything on the fsu board or twitter about injuries to those guys. Maybe they are from last year and just haven’t been updated like ours just did with the presser today? Again if the guys listed there were to not play we’d probably be favored in that game.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Don’t see anything on the fsu board or twitter about injuries to those guys. Maybe they are from last year and just haven’t been updated like ours just did with the presser today? Again if the guys listed there were to not play we’d probably be favored in that game.
The date of the injury is listed below each player's name. I checked the site a couple of days ago and it had no data - so everything listed is recently released.

Unless it states that the player is not available to play, they could just be game-time decisions. "Questionable" is the word often used in these situations.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

That's a lot of 300 lb'ers along our lines. Knowing Key, that's not "fluff" pounds either. Don't think I've seen this many guys along the lines with that kind of size...ever? I think our DL is going to be a pleasant surprise. Lots of size and athleticism there. Now it's time to produce.

Our secondary has a lot of length as well.

This team definitely "looks the part" stepping off the bus. Now time to show college football this GT team is a team to be feared.

LFG!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The date of the injury is listed below each player's name. I checked the site a couple of days ago and it had no data - so everything listed is recently released.

Unless it states that the player is not available to play, they could just be game-time decisions. "Questionable" is the word often used in these situations.
"Questionable" usually means probable. They're probably questionable now, but by kickoff they'll be ready to go, more or less.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Amen regarding this comment -
“Look, if you’re waiting until halftime to make adjustments, I mean, the game’s over. You’ve got to make adjustments fast, so then you have the ability to play for the full four quarters.”

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Amen regarding this comment -
“Look, if you’re waiting until halftime to make adjustments, I mean, the game’s over. You’ve got to make adjustments fast, so then you have the ability to play for the full four quarters.”
Yeah, I never played or coached, but the idea of "halftime" adjustments rings a sour bell with me. Why wait 'til the half? He who hesitates is lost.