FSU game thread

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Most years, The Institute being The Institute, Tech has had to play a perfect game, with few mistakes and minor injuries, to compete against deep and talented top tier teams. This year is no exception. Tech will need to maximize every scoring opportunity, because FSU will probably get stronger defensively as the game wears on, and Tech’s defense can be expected to only get so many stops.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Here’s a few lines for the game I’ve been toying with in my mind. want to hear people’s opinions.

King O/U 0.5 int, has he locked it in since last season or will he at least give up one for the first game jitters?

Haynes O/U 100.5 Yards Rushing, curious to see how our OL vs their DL plays out. Also curious about snap rotation with RBs. I’ve heard Carrie has been making waves all season.

FSU Total Yards O/U 350.5, it’s a good offense with a really good OL. And DJU isn’t the greatest, but he is a good QB that shouldn’t be discounted. Honestly I feel this game is going to be just an offensive game of who blinks first.

TO Differential O/U 0, this is really more of a “who’s gonna win the game” line. With these two teams, it’s gonna be a question of who has more possessions will win.

GT DL O/U 1.5 sacks, DJU is a decently mobile QB and FSU has a great OL. Think we can get one but not sure past that.

Total Points O/U 70.5, kinda self explanatory. Feels like a slug fest offensively is going to occur.

Eric Singleton O/U 1.5 TD scored, he will be an obvious target to pass to but also to double in the secondary. Will speed kill or will the Megatron treatment leave others open for more opportunistic TDs?

Idk. Just kinda having fun with these. I’d like to hear some of y’all’s and what you think of these! If they’re fun enough I may do them for each game.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU is lucky their cornerbacks are VERY good. They’re going to need everything and more to slow our parade of Blackburn, Janneh, Singleton, Lane, Rutherford and Leary.

In the last 6 years, I think McCollum has been the only wide receiver that would start over ANY of the guys that I just listed.

I mean the WR room is absolutely stacked with different kinds of talent.

We’re gonna spread them out with the pass and then King and Jamal are gonna dice these fools until the cows come home. I genuinely think we’re gonna beat them by 3 touchdowns. I don’t think you can plug and play an entire transfer team and expect results the way they’re trying to… especially not for the first game. See Colorado (and that’s with their supposed to be superstar QB).

If we stop their run, it’s over in the 1st half.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
FSU is lucky their cornerbacks are VERY good. They’re going to need everything and more to slow our parade of Blackburn, Janneh, Singleton, Lane, Rutherford and Leary.

In the last 6 years, I think McCollum has been the only wide receiver that would start over ANY of the guys that I just listed.

We’re gonna spread them out with the pass and then King and Jamal are gonna dice these fools until the cows come home. I genuinely think we’re gonna beat them by 3 touchdowns. I don’t think you can plug and play an entire transfer team and expect results the way they’re trying to… especially not for the first game. See Colorado (and that’s with their supposed to be superstar QB).

Colorado beat #17 TCU in Fort Worth in their first game last year…

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here’s a few lines for the game I’ve been toying with in my mind. want to hear people’s opinions.

King O/U 0.5 int, has he locked it in since last season or will he at least give up one for the first game jitters?

Haynes O/U 100.5 Yards Rushing, curious to see how our OL vs their DL plays out. Also curious about snap rotation with RBs. I’ve heard Carrie has been making waves all season.

FSU Total Yards O/U 350.5, it’s a good offense with a really good OL. And DJU isn’t the greatest, but he is a good QB that shouldn’t be discounted. Honestly I feel this game is going to be just an offensive game of who blinks first.

TO Differential O/U 0, this is really more of a “who’s gonna win the game” line. With these two teams, it’s gonna be a question of who has more possessions will win.

GT DL O/U 1.5 sacks, DJU is a decently mobile QB and FSU has a great OL. Think we can get one but not sure past that.

Total Points O/U 70.5, kinda self explanatory. Feels like a slug fest offensively is going to occur.

Eric Singleton O/U 1.5 TD scored, he will be an obvious target to pass to but also to double in the secondary. Will speed kill or will the Megatron treatment leave others open for more opportunistic TDs?

Idk. Just kinda having fun with these. I’d like to hear some of y’all’s and what you think of these! If they’re fun enough I may do them for each game.

I'll Play:

King O/U 0.5 int: Over. INTs are part of King's game. He's a bit of a gunslinging risk taker. He's not one to throw the ball away, or slide short of contact (and the marker). Maybe he needs to be a little more conservative. But I don't want him to lose the fire that makes him a baller. I think he throws 1 pick.

Haynes O/U 100.5 Yards Rushing, Under. I think the carries are going to be spread out a little and BF is going to be calling a lot of option and razzle dazzle on the outside to spread out FSUs D. Inside is going to be a bruising game without a lot of big gains. But I think he catches some passes and has over 100yds total offense.

FSU Total Yards O/U 350.5 Over. I don't think our D will shut them down. DJU will hit on some passes. They'll put up yards, key will be to keep them out of the end zone. Hopefully, we can clamp down in the red zone, generate some TOs, and get a few outs.

TO Differential O/U 0 Tech +1. First game of the season, I think you'll see mistakes on both sides. But GT has more established players/chemistry. I say 1 INT and 1 FUM for Tech. 3 total TOs for FSU

GT DL O/U 1.5 sacks Over, I think we manage 3. Which is not a lot. DJU is a pocket passer. I think the FSU OL does a good job. But our D-Line shows flashes and gets through to the QB a few times.

Total Points O/U 70.5 Under. Both teams lean on the run and it shortens the game/number of possessions. I'd have total points around 60-65.

Eric Singleton O/U 1.5 Under. I won't be surprised if he finds the end zone. But he's going to draw coverage. We have a lot of quality receivers. I think the receptions will be spread around. The QB, RBs, and TE/bigger receivers will be the ones to 'punch it in'.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I just DON’t want us to go down 14-0 in the first quarter like we have done so often in the past
I agree with this entirely! FSU is not UCF...can't spot them 14 points and expect to win. Let's jump 'em early; force them to play high risk, catch up offense; and then bury them in the 4th.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck

I mean Louisville did last season

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Wish you had seats near us at bds.
So many dull people ready to yell that time out was called 3 seconds late.
I come to every game with your optimism.

Sometimes a feeling of impending doom has creeped in during the lackadaisical (sic) pregame drills.
Once got a pass to be on sideline during pregame against Miami. While going past gt end to Miami end checkimg out size of players. Their wr were tall, muscled like nfl players, and ran like gazelle. At end of game when we were making it close, they threw 2 deep tds to them. They were wide open.

Now we have much better talent than in past.
Just need to stay optimistic till last whistle

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll Play:

King O/U 0.5 int: Over. INTs are part of King's game. He's a bit of a gunslinging risk taker. He's not one to throw the ball away, or slide short of contact (and the marker). Maybe he needs to be a little more conservative. But I don't want him to lose the fire that makes him a baller. I think he throws 1 pick.

Haynes O/U 100.5 Yards Rushing, Under. I think the carries are going to be spread out a little and BF is going to be calling a lot of option and razzle dazzle on the outside to spread out FSUs D. Inside is going to be a bruising game without a lot of big gains. But I think he catches some passes and has over 100yds total offense.

FSU Total Yards O/U 350.5 Over. I don't think our D will shut them down. DJU will hit on some passes. They'll put up yards, key will be to keep them out of the end zone. Hopefully, we can clamp down in the red zone, generate some TOs, and get a few outs.

TO Differential O/U 0 Tech +1. First game of the season, I think you'll see mistakes on both sides. But GT has more established players/chemistry. I say 1 INT and 1 FUM for Tech. 3 total TOs for FSU

GT DL O/U 1.5 sacks Over, I think we manage 3. Which is not a lot. DJU is a pocket passer. I think the FSU OL does a good job. But our D-Line shows flashes and gets through to the QB a few times.

Total Points O/U 70.5 Under. Both teams lean on the run and it shortens the game/number of possessions. I'd have total points around 60-65.

Eric Singleton O/U 1.5 Under. I won't be surprised if he finds the end zone. But he's going to draw coverage. We have a lot of quality receivers. I think the receptions will be spread around. The QB, RBs, and TE/bigger receivers will be the ones to 'punch it in'.
I was going to play too, but then realized my answers were exactly the same as BCJacket’s. Fun pre-game question, though!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'll Play:

As always good stuff.
On Singleton, I think he will have less coverage towards end as the other WR will be getting receptions. Blackburn is tall!
Also , Singleton has worked with King and won't have the drops like last year.