FSU game thread

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So.

No reactions to this ?

Would love to hear people’s refutations, why the “experts” are getting it wrong, and just some good character assassinations in general.
Honestly, I breathed a sigh of relief. I don’t agree with it at all, but I didn’t want another article confirming us as the fashionable upset pick. Anxiety, superstition, tempered optimism, whatever… :D

I’m looking forward to a solid performance Saturday and I suspect we will be in a good position in the 4th.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
My take on the game is we keep it close in the first half and get a TD lead in Q3. they have a turnover and we get a FG going into the 4th to stretch it. then their QB starts trying to make plays and we start picking him off a lot and separate. We win by 18-20 points. Then all the media jumps on how bad the ACC is and it was a good thing FSU was bumped from the playoffs.

We get ranking points but not enough to make it into the top 25 because of how bad the ACC is and FSU was over-rated

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Whoops meant Rho here
Haha no worries. I’m betting on a year of extra development + offseason camps means that ESJ takes that jump up this season. He had some bad drops last season and he and King weren’t as familiar as they are now.

It’s more of a fun hope that he breaks out a little more. Especially for the season opener!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Hearing Seither is out and Jamaal is dinged up. Hope that’s just a bad rumor.
How can this happen? Seither has really good hands for a TE and JH is an explosion waiting to happen. If true, hopefully they are both minor.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
How can this happen? Seither has really good hands for a TE and JH is an explosion waiting to happen. If true, hopefully they are both minor.
Seither is definitely out for the season. Confirmed by Key. Nothing official on Jamal. Just message board smoke that he’s in a boot. Poster says his student son saw Jamal in a boot yesterday. Hopefully precautionary.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Seither is definitely out for the season. Confirmed by Key. Nothing official on Jamal. Just message board smoke that he’s in a boot. Poster says his student son saw Jamal in a boot yesterday. Hopefully precautionary.
Hmm. Well, you can't game plan so specifically that it requires one specific player to pull off your plan, and I'm confident that CBF knows this, so I am also confident that we'll be OK. However, not having Haynes particularly will create some limitations, though I've heard that Cooley is pretty darn fast, too.

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer

This take is just another example of journalistic (for lack of a better term) laziness. The question is who is the better QB. The answer is King, period. This take suggests the DJ is better because he doesn't have to be....he is surrounded by better talent. I am not even sure that he (DJ) is surrounded by better talent than King. I want to guy that is gonna me the best chance to win the game when the other team figures out how to neutralize my "surrounding" talent.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Hayes obviously would be a bigger blow, but I feel confident in the TE depth behind Seither. Hopefully the Yale transfer and Harpring can make an impact.

techman

Jolly Good Fellow
'Planning to go' is different than "starting ". Anybody really KNOW for certain if Haynes is starting at RB or if he is hurt?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
FSU is lucky their cornerbacks are VERY good. They’re going to need everything and more to slow our parade of Blackburn, Janneh, Singleton, Lane, Rutherford and Leary.

In the last 6 years, I think McCollum has been the only wide receiver that would start over ANY of the guys that I just listed.

I mean the WR room is absolutely stacked with different kinds of talent.

We’re gonna spread them out with the pass and then King and Jamal are gonna dice these fools until the cows come home. I genuinely think we’re gonna beat them by 3 touchdowns. I don’t think you can plug and play an entire transfer team and expect results the way they’re trying to… especially not for the first game. See Colorado (and that’s with their supposed to be superstar QB).

If we stop their run, it’s over in the 1st half.

If we win it will be turnovers and DL depth. We have the depth advantage to run the ball in the second half as FSU 's DL depth is a question. Turnovers are anybody's guess. I doubt we outshine FSU in the first half.