Francis Kallon

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Hang on. Let me shake my magic 8-ball for the answer...

upload_2015-1-15_12-0-54.jpeg

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If anything really ails Kallon, it's still probably that he's been playing football less than four total years and has switched positions twice in that short span. Not sure if he'll take a big step this year, but he's way too young football-wise to even consider writing off.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
We had success with Gamble out at SDE toward the end of the season. But, we'll need Pat to be a starter at DT this year to take Greene's spot. What if we tried to get Kallon to concentrate on SDE this Spring and summer ... maybe he could even concentrate on slimming down just a tad. That might be a way to help him succeed out there as opposed to just the brute force and leverage that is required for DT ... and if he were able to provide out there what Gamble did last year, it would allow Gamble to concentrate on DT and strengthen two positions. Just a thought.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
We had success with Gamble out at SDE toward the end of the season. But, we'll need Pat to be a starter at DT this year to take Greene's spot. What if we tried to get Kallon to concentrate on SDE this Spring and summer ... maybe he could even concentrate on slimming down just a tad. That might be a way to help him succeed out there as opposed to just the brute force and leverage that is required for DT ... and if he were able to provide out there what Gamble did last year, it would allow Gamble to concentrate on DT and strengthen two positions. Just a thought.
Are you not counting on Jabari coming back? I have him pencilled in for the other DT spot with Freeman, Gotsis, and Gamble. Then we'd have Kallon and Whitehead able to rotate in and keep the starters fresh.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
We badly need Kallon to flip the light switch. We need the depth in '15 and for him to start in '16. 3 years in a college program ought to be enough learn your craft. If he can contribute in '15 alongside Gotsis/Hunt inside and allow us to keep Gamble outside with Freeman at WDE, suddenly we've got ourselves a DL. And if we've got ourselves a DL we've got ourselves 10+ wins.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Are you not counting on Jabari coming back? I have him pencilled in for the other DT spot with Freeman, Gotsis, and Gamble. Then we'd have Kallon and Whitehead able to rotate in and keep the starters fresh.
Good call. Forgot about Jabari ... but, it may be some sort of Freudian realism kicking in to forget about Jabari ... it would be awesome to get him, really awesome, but it seems to go the other way more often when guys are struggling academically at Tech. Right now, Jabari would just be icing on the cake, and we should probably prepare in Spring as if he's not going to be available.

One thing I enjoyed seeing from Kallon last year was how excited he was about the Ugag win ... he was into it more than anybody ... It's good to see a player like him start to get into it, because with the raw tools he's got, if he can get the desire and fire going, that's more than half the battle.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
After Snoddy this year, I refuse to count anyone out. I also thought Waller, Perkins, I Johnson and a few others were at their ceiling. The whole team exceeded expectations of everyone. If anyone was able to do it, it would certainly make sense for someone as physically gifted as Kallon.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Good call. Forgot about Jabari ... but, it may be some sort of Freudian realism kicking in to forget about Jabari ... it would be awesome to get him, really awesome, but it seems to go the other way more often when guys are struggling academically at Tech. Right now, Jabari would just be icing on the cake, and we should probably prepare in Spring as if he's not going to be available.

One thing I enjoyed seeing from Kallon last year was how excited he was about the Ugag win ... he was into it more than anybody ... It's good to see a player like him start to get into it, because with the raw tools he's got, if he can get the desire and fire going, that's more than half the battle.

I know he played a little in the OB game. Although I did not see his action in the LOS, I did see him with some good hustle finding the ball at the end of the play. Really hoping he steps up.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
How did Kallon play in the last 4 games? This kid still has a lot of football in front of him, hopefully he pulls a Snoddy next season and starts balling out.