Francis Kallon

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Why are you getting a little heated ? Just because someone doesn't think along the lines as you , doesn't mean you take it to the heart. The guy has not performed at this point. Do you have a reason why he hasn't performed up to par ? You have yet to imply your reason. Nobody knows the truth at this point. Everyone is going off speculation. Cool off and smoke you some weed.
I suspect he might be a little heated because most of your comments on here make you seem like a pompous ***. I'm sure you are really not this way in real life, but that's the nature of hiding behind a keyboard screen and making comments.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Kallon seemed to get more and more pt as the year went along. I never noticed any major gaffs or bad play from him. It is a very rare kid who can come in and play DT the first 2 years. It's incredibly rare for one to stand out in his first couple. Fans always have unrealistic expectations of players, coaches, games, and seasons. Fan is derived from fanatic after all.

I think Kallon can do well and will be pulling hard for him. I certainly don't see him as a bust. Regardless....I wish we were less critical of kids who don't meet our crazy expectations.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I don't really know, but have wondered if he even likes the game. To be really successful at anything you need to love it IMO.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Kallon was a project. Projects take awhile to develop and some never develop. We'll see what happens.

Waller is a another guy who was a project and who a lot of fans got really down on.

Now most are wishing we'd redshirted him instead of playing him on STs as a true frosh.

Football and DL in particular is hard if u didnt grow up playing and knowing the game.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing I've noticed is that CPJ knows how to approach each player. Some guys he really chews their butt and others he never does. It's not about favoritism it's more about knowing how to motivate. Everybody doesn't respond the same way to the same approach.
I believe you are absolutely right about that. That is what a good coach does and Ted is one of the best I've been around. The way he relates to the players is what makes him such a great recruiter also. He is top notch with the x's and 0's also. We have great coaches at Tech right now and that is the best thing we have going for us.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Regarding Che's post. No, but if you think that, that makes me 2 for 2 so I am sure Kallon will kick some butt next season now that I gave him that feedback.

Go Jackets!

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I suspect he might be a little heated because most of your comments on here make you seem like a pompous ***. I'm sure you are really not this way in real life, but that's the nature of hiding behind a keyboard screen and making comments.

Che I assure you Jerry is not pompous. I know he and his brother are totally GT fanatics and they would never hide behind a keyboard. He just calls it as he sees it and he is very knowledgeable about Georgia Tech football. His brother told me he threw a T.V. out of a second story window when he was a kid when Tech lost a game. Some of us are getting older and don't have time to pussyfoot around. :)

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Why are you getting a little heated ? Just because someone doesn't think along the lines as you , doesn't mean you take it to the heart.

I'm not heated at all. I'd say miffed. You, on the other hand, are very defensive. I have no issues if you criticize a player's on field performance or physical skills. But when you start making character judgments, which I interpreted that particular post to be, with little to no evidence, I get annoyed. It's got nothing to do with whether it's along the same lines as me. It's got everything to do with creating narratives that have no support. When I think that's happening I'm gonna call you out on it. That particular poster has a habit of doing just that.

The guy has not performed at this point. Do you have a reason why he hasn't performed up to par ? You have yet to imply your reason. Nobody knows the truth at this point. Everyone is going off speculation. Cool off and smoke you some weed.

I didn't imply a reason. I flat out gave one. Go read my post again.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
My barely 2 cents worth is to recall that in high school his technique was all wrong. He would back out of the hole and use his size and speed to close behind the blocker or to penetrate into the back field. Learning how to control his gap assignments before attacking the ball was a new concept for him. He basically has two years of experience with this "new" technique.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This winter while studying film on Kallon the DL coaches and GA will discover a series of techniques to be corrected. In spring they will set up special drills against the OL -- problem solved. This team is fixing stuff now.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
One thing I've noticed is that CPJ knows how to approach each player. Some guys he really chews their butt and others he never does. It's not about favoritism it's more about knowing how to motivate. Everybody doesn't respond the same way to the same approach.
This is a great point. I read a quote from Bear Bryant one time that said something along the lines of "I don't treat everyone the same, but I treat everyone fairly" and I heard an old alabama player talking about that quote and he talked about how certain players require motivating I different ways. I hope all of our players continue to improve and I think we'll see some good things from Kallon this year.