Francis Kallon

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
You cannot make a person mean. I will agree that the "shaft" I felt while at GT did make me tougher and edgier and somewhat jaded, but ultimately the longer I got from my graduation date, the more of the bad attitude wore off. I doubt Mr. Kallon will ever have the killer instinct we would like, but hopefully, he can be an extra body to use. I do believe he would be better served as a DE, but we really don't have enough DT's for this to happen, probably.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I predict he will be factor by the second half of his Sr yr.It takes a while for some guys.
btw-there is a 6-8 250 lb hi schooler in Ala that is VERY similar to Kallon-a immigrant beginner in fball but impressive body-lots of colleges offering--we will see how he does

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I'd hesitate to write him off just yet. People were doing that with Snoddy and Joe before this year and look how that turned out. Personally I wasn't expecting too much until his RS JR year so hopefully he comes around this year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I got him backing Jabari.
He saw playing time this last season and he improved so I have no reason to doubt his continued improvement next season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Met his dad at charlotte - nice man - told him I hoped to see his son playing soon. He said his son is working hard and hopes to play soon.

Perhaps I should have suggested giving him a nick name - " another vicious tackle by "Francis" ...will that work? From this day on he is FRAN kellon.

Jeremiah Attaochu doesn't fit this criteria. Neither do many other football players. That's a borderline elitist view there.
So what is your reason why he hasn't performed at this point ? I have a good reason why he hasn't. Am I right ? I don't know but it could be a good reason. The guy didn't grow playing football here in the south.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Let's get technical
I think he plays leaning foward. Body doesn't get behind hips while trying to shed blocks. He has great arms and leg drive. I just think he is not able to flex hips and run thru the arm part of a block.
Watch Jj watt as he flexes going around a block .

Am my argument was to another poster. I forgot to hit the reply button for him. I'm speculation his mentality for the game based on not playing at a younger age. Some of my post was being a little sarcastic. JA was a really good ! But to compare the two players at this point is pointless.

Let's get technical
I think he plays leaning foward. Body doesn't get behind hips while trying to shed blocks. He has great arms and leg drive. I just think he is not able to flex hips and run thru the arm part of a block.
Why are we comparing players ?? This is a Francis Kallon thread. Let's don't get offensive guys :) This is just something that could be why he hasn't performed up to par. I HOPE the guys develops into the caliber player that you guys want to COMPARE with.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's get technical

I agree. He appeared to be athletic and have decent hands last year in his limited role. My hope is that he was overthinking everything, particularly getting his hands ready to shed blocks. This could be an explanation for his upright position after the snap and why it looked like he was on ice skates all the time. This issue can be easily fixed, although previously mentioned issues could also be the problem, and those issues are much harder to correct.

On a side note, I like Psycho for Sir Francis' new nickname.