slugboy

Staff member
Check out the FSU logo

game-wp-401634306.jpg.png

Analysts rewriting their copy after last night

Last edited:

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like their future is very very dark this season.

Their first bye week is now. I’d imagine it’s a dumpster fire in Tally.

And their next opponent is Memphis. This seems like a terrible matchup as Memphis can score points in a hurry. Memphis is considered a dark horse G5 playoff team. And free shoes paid Memphis $1.3M to play this game.

Cue the popcorn 9/14

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
It seems like their future is very very dark this season.

Their first bye week is now. I’d imagine it’s a dumpster fire in Tally.

And their next opponent is Memphis. This seems like a terrible matchup as Memphis can score points in a hurry.
Not to mention - Memphis might be feeling a bit of schadenfreude themselves re: their former head coach.

Talent is one thing - but something the player rankings can't tell you about is team chemistry and "heart." It seems like FSU has already shown themselves to be 1) a team without a lot of heart, and 2) quitters when they've been beat. Compare that to what Memphis is playing for, and...well, this could get ugly.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have 2 grandchildren ages 12 and 9. I will speak to them about karma and "we reap what we sow" in this world. Then I will tell them about FSU suing the conference and quitting against Uga in the bowl and then show them this thread to conclude the discussion. Of course, as any good grandparent would do, I have already told them about the Jacket's victory against them in Dublin on gameday. Of course, watching the game was a andatory assignment for them that Saturday but my DIL (who I love dearly but can be strange in her ways) opted to take them to the zoo instead. I am working hard to offset the bad parenting my grandkids are receiving. The 12 year old wants to go to Tech and major in AE so I am doing my part!!! I continue to pray and worry about the 9 year old. She seems disinterested in football.

Chipper

Georgia Tech Fan
They said it was the coaching staff’s NFL background. You’ve taken care of business, just claim the win.

College coaches used to do this years ago out of respect for each other. But at some point showing the other coach up became a thing.
I’m guessing “the committee” created this trend where you have to beat teams by more to be considered for the playoffs. IMO it’s a negative for the sport.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
They said it was the coaching staff’s NFL background. You’ve taken care of business, just claim the win.

College coaches used to do this years ago out of respect for each other. But at some point showing the other coach up became a thing.
I saw Dabo do it with us and I saw Paul Johnson do it a bunch of times. Not so many years ago.