Florida State Schadenfreude

wreck1

Georgia Tech Fan
Off topic, but I’m 70% sure I saw Florida State players walking around Temple Bar about an hour ago. Some in head to toe Florida State gear.

Kind of hilarious if true, Norvell scheduling a tourist day once they assume they’ve beaten us, and missing a day of class unless they’re flying out overnight and assuming a shrug off time change.

Anybody know for sure either way?
Nm

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It’s funny how people say “bunch of nerds” as if we take that as an insult 😂
1724620014519.jpeg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Off topic, but I’m 70% sure I saw Florida State players walking around Temple Bar about an hour ago. Some in head to toe Florida State gear.

Kind of hilarious if true, Norvell scheduling a tourist day once they assume they’ve beaten us, and missing a day of class unless they’re flying out overnight and assuming a shrug off time change.

Classes at FSU? Surely you jest.

Flajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They don't play until a week from tomorrow, so I'm sure he scheduled a day for them to be in Dublin. I kind of think the way Key did this was a disservice to the players unless he's planning another trip with the team just for sightseeing, which probably wouldn't be that costly (maybe one of our 3 bye weeks...kidding). Most will never get an opportunity to go to Dublin again. One day isn't going to make a difference. But, I'm not the coach.
He talked about that in one of the post game interviews. He wanted it to be atrip to play a football game.

When UCF played in Dublin in 2014 they tried to make it an experience and he felt that was a mistake and took away from the game.

And the kids had to be in class Monday morning.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
He talked about that in one of the post game interviews. He wanted it to be atrip to play a football game.

When UCF played in Dublin in 2014 they tried to make it an experience and he felt that was a mistake and took away from the game.

And the kids had to be in class Monday morning.
I know, but they could have taken the day today and flown back tomorrow. I get it. Business trip. But there were things that could have been done. I'd love to read about how he brought the team back for several days at some other time of the year. Ireland really never gets cold, just rainy. It's in the gulf stream and rather temperate considering how far north of the equator it is. It's about as far north as Edmonton, Alberta.

Flajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I know, but they could have taken the day today and flown back tomorrow. I get it. Business trip. But there were things that could have been done. I'd love to read about how he brought the team back for several days at some other time of the year. Ireland really never gets cold, just rainy. It's in the gulf stream and rather temperate considering how far north of the equator it is. It's about as far north as Edmonton, Alberta.
I understand your point and don't disagree. Ireland and Dublin are fantastic places to visit.

Shanahan, the last Yellow Jacket to handle the ball in the game, probably didn't even get to go home.