Florida State Schadenfreude

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Clem and FSU deserve to meet in the portal v no-portal bowl. See who's flawed philosophy wins out.

Given all the ACC scheduling changes, checking to see if they play each other was one of the first things I did today… yes, Clemson does play FSU on October 5. And someone will lose this game!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I hate love to be this guy, but I hope we're not too attached to that guy. Why? Wait til we play ND and you'll see where his allegiance truly lies.

Shut up and just take the free publicity, kg!

Season 9 Ok GIF by The Office

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
There are bunch of people in ireland that the catholic would trump the "fighting irish" name.
FYI, lower case "c" catholic (as in "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church") means "universal" and doesn't refer to the Roman Catholic Church, with a capital "C". So, if you're talking about the Christian faith in Ireland, It's Roman Catholic. It's very different there than it is here, and in a not-more-religious way, just different.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
FYI, lower case "c" catholic (as in "one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church") means "universal" and doesn't refer to the Roman Catholic Church, with a capital "C". So, if you're talking about the Christian faith in Ireland, It's Roman Catholic. It's very different there than it is here, and in a not-more-religious way, just different.

Well notre dame calls themselves a "Catholic" University with a capital letter and they were started by an Order that was linked to the French Roman Catholic church. I just didn't capitalize and you got exactly what i meant.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Not to mention - Memphis might be feeling a bit of schadenfreude themselves re: their former head coach.

Talent is one thing - but something the player rankings can't tell you about is team chemistry and "heart." It seems like FSU has already shown themselves to be 1) a team without a lot of heart, and 2) quitters when they've been beat. Compare that to what Memphis is playing for, and...well, this could get ugly.
Vegas wants in on the trolling too.

The free shoes / Memphis game is essentially a pickem. (Line is F$U -1.5 per fanduel)

Darthdad

Georgia Tech Fan
It seems like their future is very very dark this season.

Their first bye week is now. I’d imagine it’s a dumpster fire in Tally.

And their next opponent is Memphis. This seems like a terrible matchup as Memphis can score points in a hurry. Memphis is considered a dark horse G5 playoff team. And free shoes paid Memphis $1.3M to play this game.

Cue the popcorn 9/14
I hear the bye week is a 7.5 point favorite.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Well notre dame calls themselves a "Catholic" University with a capital letter and they were started by an Order that was linked to the French Roman Catholic church. I just didn't capitalize and you got exactly what i meant.
Now that you mention it, I’ve always wondered why they don’t call their teams the “Fighting French”?