Florida Regional

How Many Games Will GT Win in the Florida Regional?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
@Nuke, that sucks! Sorry about your dog.. :(

A pair of walks and a bunt single by Bailey loads the bases for Tech. Gonzo drives in a pair of runs before Tristan English hits the ball outta the park. Jackets add 5 runs and lead 11-3. Craport doubles and Kel flies out to move Craport to third with one out in the top of the 9th.

Why are we not the home team, again? Aren't we the higher seed?

Sac fly by Poje. 12-3 Tech. Bailey flies out to end the top of the ninth inning. Jackets score 6 runs in T9, lead 12-3.

Last edited:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
image.jpeg
T9 ended up here...

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Datoc pitching the bottom of the ninth. Saving Gorst for a start tomorrow, maybe??

Tech wins! Will play two tomorrow if they win the first. Who will start, though? Pitts? Dulaney?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
CDH in a tough situation for this one---do you risk losing to BC today and never having pitched your ace or do you give your team the best chance to win today by starting Gold. The biggest mistake CDH made this weekend was not pulling Ryan 2-3 batters earlier. It will take a Herculean effort to win the regional without Gold/Parr/Lee available for the remaining games (would have even if we had won yesterday, but odds would've been a little higher).

Just seems CDH waits a little too long to make some lineup decisions i.e. pulling pitchers, moving hitters in the lineup (Kel), etc.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Datoc pitching the bottom of the ninth. Saving Gorst for a start tomorrow, maybe??

Tech wins! Will play two tomorrow if they win the first. Who will start, though? Pitts? Dulaney?

I think Pitts starts tomorrow. Gibson came out after the 8th probably bc the lead grew so much so he will be available for long relief along with Dulaney. Available pitchers for the remaining games: Pitts, Dulaney, Gibson, Gorst, Combs, Carpenter, Datoc, Gauvreau, Winborne.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I respectfully disagree... If you really believe this then you believe one or both of the following:
1) We would beat BC with other starters.
2) You'd be fine exiting the regional & ending season with Gold not throwing a single pitch.

When facing elimination in the NCAA tournament, you put your ace out there if he's available. Period!! No brainier.

And I respectfully disagree with you Fred.

What difference does it make if you get eliminated by Bethune Cookman or Florida? If you get eliminated you are done, season over, finished. Now, who do you think has a better chance......Pitts vs Bethune Cookman and Gold vs Florida/UConn or vice versa? To be honest, we our ONLY chance vs Florida was with Gold and Gorst....now we are toast for sure. So, yes, I believe in playing to win the tournament, NOT playing to not lose.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I understand where you're coming from @MWBATL. None of us gives Tech any real chance of getting through this regional. There really is no secret pitching combo that gets us to the 4 wins we need.

To address your points, we just see things differently. I think it's better to be eliminated by UF in 3rd game vice Bethune-Cookman in Gm2. I believe we 'most likely' go 1-1 with any combo of Pitts/Gold against those 2 teams.

I agree we're probably toast. But not "for sure"... Yet.

Finally, I would love for us to "win" the rest of our games. Likewise, I'd be equally thrilled to "not lose" them.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Just checking in while traveling. Very glad Hall did not waste Gold or Gorst against UConn. But seeing him waste Gold against Bethune makes me angry. If losing to UConn did not have end our chances in this regional, using our best pitcher against the weakest team in the field when we would have to win 4 straight games is stupid. It tells me this coach doesn't have enough guts and confidence. It matters not if we win 1 or 2 more games, or lose this game. If we don't win the Regional, none of it matters at all. Hall started out playing that way, but has chickened out. Who cares if we win this game and then get bounced tomorrow because our best pitcher has been used up! Idiotic move!
Our best pitcher would have lost tomorrow. He did not have his stuff until the last three innings he was in the game. This was a close game until late.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Originally I thought we should save Gold for tomorrow and play for the region. But then I heard that the team which lost the first game only won the region 7% of the time. So we are cooked and winning today (single elimination) gets us to the next game.

I'm just wanting to win the next one now. Hope UConn beats Florida tonight. And we pull a miracle @ noon game tomorrow.

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
The UF-U Conn game is delayed by 1 hour. That means they will finish later than usual. That means the losing team (who we'll play first tomorrow) will be on less rest. Hoping for an extra-innings game tonight, but I doubt it. Florida is starting arguably the top pick in next week's draft - AJ Puk. Which means he wont' start against us.

Good win today, looking for more of the same tomorrow. Go Jackets!

SwarmArmy

Ramblin' Wreck
Originally I thought we should save Gold for tomorrow and play for the region. But then I heard that the team which lost the first game only won the region 7% of the time. So we are cooked and winning today (single elimination) gets us to the next game.

I'm just wanting to win the next one now. Hope UConn beats Florida tonight. And we pull a miracle @ noon game tomorrow.

Why are you hoping UConn wins? Because it will be harder for us to beat UFL twice than UConn?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
&$&+$$+**" auto correct when using phone ... loading not loading...[emoji5]
F*******

Losing losing losing. See if that works. Getting 1 to no bars for phone (price to be paid for roughing it at the edge of civilization in the U.S. listening to waterfall in the background [emoji3] )