Florida Regional

How Many Games Will GT Win in the Florida Regional?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just checking in while traveling. Very glad Hall did not waste Gold or Gorst against UConn. But seeing him waste Gold against Bethune makes me angry. If losing to UConn did not have end our chances in this regional, using our best pitcher against the weakest team in the field when we would have to win 4 straight games is stupid. It tells me this coach doesn't have enough guts and confidence. It matters not if we win 1 or 2 more games, or lose this game. If we don't win the Regional, none of it matters at all. Hall started out playing that way, but has chickened out. Who cares if we win this game and then get bounced tomorrow because our best pitcher has been used up! Idiotic move!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

I respectfully disagree... If you really believe this then you believe one or both of the following:
1) We would beat BC with other starters.
2) You'd be fine exiting the regional & ending season with Gold not throwing a single pitch.

When facing elimination in the NCAA tournament, you put your ace out there if he's available. Period!! No brainier.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
CDH is horrible yesterday in the 2nd inning after the walk and hit batter, my wife even said that pitcher needs to be taken out. He had no choice today. We aren't good enough to assume we can be anyone without Gold, and we still have Gorst. Don't know why he can't bench Kel.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Yes, the facts haven't changed for me. We all know our pitching outside of Gold and Gorst is inconsistent. I missed the first 5 innings so I can't comment on how fast / slow Hall was in pulling Ryan.

Lee is one of the Fr who I think will become consistent and consistently great for us.

I think it's the third base coach who makes the call. First to home on a single is very hard and a good play would have had our runner out by 4 or 5 steps. But we forced home a run where UConn screwed up the throw to home earlier in the game. In general, I think our base running is conservative on the third base coach calls. Is that bad? I have no way of knowing since I don't know the alternatives.

Personal note: I was glad to see us make a game of it and liked the don't give up attitude of our team. I still enjoy watching GT baseball. My wife and I had to put our boxer of 9 years down Thursday afternoon (myelopathy). The gaping hole left in your life by losing a good dog makes anything in baseball pale in comparison.

so sorry about your dog. i put my 13 yo great dane down 12/14 and i still morn her.