First Year Coaching Grades

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Which leads me to my estimation that a C is generous. Too many worsts. Shut outs. Worst loss to the dawgs in years still hurts. Just a really disappointing season. Gold colored glasses cannot mask how bad it was. Rankings in the ACC..

No way our loss to the mutts was worse this year than last. Last year at halftime we were down 38-7 and Kirby called them off. This year the score was 17-7 at halftime and should have been 17-10. And that’s with a dropped pick 6. Last year at halftime was the low point for me and it continued thru the Minnesota loss. This year we’ve fought and the injuries just killed us. What I was most disappointed about this season was our only returning QB with any experience didn’t prepare for his position. I’ve seen freshmen high school QB’s who could make the throws that he couldn’t. That led to the it taking 4 games to pick a guy. I was really disappointed with that and it put Collins in a tough spot.

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
No way our loss to the mutts was worse this year than last. Last year at halftime we were down 38-7 and Kirby called them off. This year the score was 17-7 at halftime and should have been 17-10. And that’s with a dropped pick 6. Last year at halftime was the low point for me and it continued thru the Minnesota loss. This year we’ve fought and the injuries just killed us. What I was most disappointed about this season was our only returning QB with any experience didn’t prepare for his position. I’ve seen freshmen high school QB’s who could make the throws that he couldn’t. That led to the it taking 4 games to pick a guy. I was really disappointed with that and it put Collins in a tough spot.

That was the biggest loss to uga, ever. There is no sugar coating it.

But, the team didn’t quit like they did on Gailey. That is a positive.

TO was a great hs qb. He didn’t fit what Pat wanted to do. That doesn’t make him unprepared. I wish we would have had a limited wildcat set of plays for TO. But iiwii.

The offense this year was terrible. We’ll see if it was a building year or not next year. There is absolutely no reason to go half a season worth of games scoring 1 offensive TD or less.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like you confused by the question. This is a not graded on 2 gms but 12
Yeah, so 12 games. D...maybe D-

Defense B+
Special Teams C
Offense F

How much have worse could he have done? We’re about three plays away from 0-12. And before anyone says we are three away from 6-6, it’s just not true. Maybe three plays away from a chance at winning each of three other games. But in each of our wins there are definite plays right at the end of the game that if some strange and incredibly lucky thing doesn’t happen we lose.

Luck can make a 7-5 team win 10 games. It can also make an 0-12 team win 3.

I loved what I saw from the defense this year. I liked some of the aggression on special teams, but that was offset by the abomination that was our field goal unit. Our offense could not have been any worse.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Players don’t control resources. Or set budgets. Or design practice. Coaches do.

And even the players we have are the products of the coaches we have and their recruiting, when they all get here.

But coaches control resources and set budgets? Maybe somewhat. That's mostly beyond their control.