Fatal shooting on GT campus?

Deleted member 2897

Well the Georgia Bureau of Investigation just publicly identified the officer who fired the shot. So say goodbye to your privacy, family safety, and financial well being for who knows how long.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This video wraps up my thoughts and puts a nice big bow on it. I really feel badly for the family, but this whole press conference is just an ignorant charade. What weapon he actually had on him is of no consequence - he called the cops (on himself) saying he had a knife and a gun. Are they supposed to just assume the call was a complete lie? Why would they come to such a conclusion? I have watched the video a few times - they tried all they could to calm him down and get him to stop. But when someone with a knife and gun comes at you and ignores repeated commands, you can't just turn and run away. He could be a threat to the rest of campus - this could have easily been one of those nutcases that shoots up a campus. He could have been on heroin or PCP. If the cops had backed away and backed away and then he turned and ran and started shooting people, then where would we be? These parents are NOT helping. They've readily said Scout had problems with depression and had tried to kill himself before, yet here they are. The anti-cop comments at the end are pretty ridiculous too. The sheer amount of ignorance in this press conference by all parties is sad.

So much to respond to in this video. I'll withhold my criticism of the parents in light of their grief at this time.

The lawyer is s pos legal vulture and moron. Their is no reasonable case against the officers or Tech in this matter. The officers are clearly covered with qualified immunity.

As to the multi-tool in question and position on the ground. Appears similar to a leatherman wave. Which has a blade betwee 3.5 and 4 inches in length. Certainly a deadly weapon and recognized as such by Georgia law, greater than 2 inches in length (O.C.G.A. 16-11-127.1)

I own a leatherman wave. I could drop it, in a closed condition, a million times from a height of 6 feet or less and it would not open even partially one single time despite the angle it might happen to land. If the knife was deployed when dropped, it could easily partially close as it appears was the case here.

Lawyer stipulates the subject was 20 feet away and thus not a lethal threat to officers. Complete garbage. This has been held up in case law as a lethal distance when perp armed with a blade.

I wanna see this lawyer volunteer his services to handle these kinds of incidents in the future. Actually I don't as he would probably be just as likely to get some poor innocent killed instead of himself.

I would gladly offer him a challenge. I'll arm myself with a leatherman wave...I'll even start with it in the closed position and no blade exposed. He can use an air soft gun. If he can shoot me in the head I won't stab him. If he can't I get to stab him until he can shoot me in the head. Who thinks he would be willing to accept my challenge? (No I don't want to and wouldn't kill the ***** to prove my point. But I bet he is smart enough to decline the offer regardless)

Let's see him disarm a knife wielder while armed with a taser, or pepper spray. Is it possible to do so? Yes. Have similar methods been utilized successfully in similar incidents? Yes. Have officers died or been injured when attempting this? Yes.

This POS lawyer is just out to make a buck and trash police imo.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
It's foolish to criticize Tech counseling in this incident as it appears the family never notified Tech the student had mental health issues and suicidal tendencies.
I don't believe it matters. The student is an adult and, as far as I know, you cannot legally force someone into therapy. Even if the parents were suspicions that Scout was a threat to himself, Scout can deny that he has had any suicidal thoughts in the last two years. It's fairly easy to mask depression and often in the case of suicide people do not see the signs. I believe I read that was the case with Scout as friends and family said they felt Scout was fine. However, like most everything in this thread, it is all speculation. Without someone intimate to the situation (one of Scout's friends) able to correct our assumptions, then trying to lay blame becomes hazy.

northgajacket

Banned
Well the Georgia Bureau of Investigation just publicly identified the officer who fired the shot. So say goodbye to your privacy, family safety, and financial well being for who knows how long.

Why do they do that? My advice would be to shut down every social media account, that would eliminate some harassment.

Milwaukee

Banned

Good. All 3 look like Antifa garb. I'm hoping that's the chick in the video I saw screaming at the officers. The 2 dudes look like wet noodle, loser, Antifa punks.

Violence is dumb and I'm against it...but sometimes, "deep down in places I don't talk about at office parties", I wish some of our student athletes (especially dline, lb, ol, ab, bb) would get a free run at these "protesters".

Last edited:

northgajacket

Banned
200.webp

This is probably what their future in jail is gonna look like.

Deleted member 2897

I looked up all three in the student directory, and was surprised that at least one might be a student. The female looks like an actual employee of Georgia Tech.

northgajacket

Banned
Good. All 3 look like Antifa garb. I'm hoping that's the chick in the video I saw screaming at the officers. The 2 dudes look like wet noodle, loser, Antifa punks.

Violence is dumb and I'm against it...but sometimes, "deep down in places I don't talk about at office parties", I wish some of our student athletes (especially dline, lb, ol, ab, bb) would get a free run at these "protesters".

What about former players like Gotsis, Carman, Marco Coleman, the Swillings (all of them), Ron Rogers.

What about basketball players?

I know he's older now, but if Yvon Joseph could intimidate a Georgetown player to the point of looking like he was ****ting his pants, then imagine how he could intimidate these skinny punks.

Deleted member 2897

Whats amazing to me is how many of the protesters at the BLM and anti-confederate events are mostly young white emasculated looking millenials. Like pajama boy. Alternate nostril breathing chia pet lovers.

northgajacket

Banned
Whats amazing to me is how many of the protesters at the BLM and anti-confederate events are mostly young white emasculated looking millenials. Like pajama boy. Alternate nostril breathing chia pet lovers.

You can only take so many *** kickings and swirlies before you finally snap.

Plus they have too much time on their hands since they can't get any.