Fan Day

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Man....I really wish I could be there. But the pension only allows for one trip up to Atlanta (225 miles) a month and the middle g'son has a scrimage next Saturday @ Norcross. But I haven't seen my boy since late May and it's killin' me. If one of you jolly good fellows would be so kind....walk over to #25 Tre' Jackson, give him a big hug and tell him it's for his Daddy Bill.

DaddyBill - Went up to Tre', told him you request, initially wan't going to but ended up doing it anyway... told him he was getting a hug from you. He smiled. Only when I asked (after thanking him for not punching me out :) ) did he let me know he's your grandson. Very pleasant and nice young man.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
uploadfromtaptalk1407023894515.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1407023917237.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1407023975590.jpg

A few pics with the family. We had a great time!

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
DaddyBill - Went up to Tre', told him you request, initially wan't going to but ended up doing it anyway... told him he was getting a hug from you. He smiled. Only when I asked (after thanking him for not punching me out :) ) did he let me know he's your grandson. Very pleasant and nice young man.
I was hoping that whomever did this would first explain to Tre why they wanted to hug him. Glad you thought of that Awbuzz. :p

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Missed GTNavyNuke at Peter's Parking Deck.

Good to meet @Boomergump , @buzz_wiser© and @FatPat (and your wife) there and @John (thank goodness for camera with the big long lens) on the field. Great to put some faces with names.
I hate I didn't get to the deck in time to meet up with everyone. I was looking forward to putting faces with names. Well at least you know what my ugly mug looks like. Say hello if you see me at a game.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
@91Wreck I may have seen you and your daughter together. Seemed like quite a few of the cheerleaders' families came out.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
And I just have to add this real quick. Had the opportunity to meet (and get help from) quite a few GTAA guys (especially from the SID office) and they couldn't have been nicer with guiding us during Media/Fan Day.

Also chatted with Coach Waggoner. Came across as very excited and enthusiastic for GT and also humble.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
View attachment 292View attachment 293
View attachment 294

A few pics with the family. We had a great time!
Nice pics. Congrats on the cheerleader.
Fan Day info. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072514aaa.html

I'm planning to go now, didn't realize you could only bring in one item to sign. Is that a new restriction?

Is this something that was crowded in past years?
Were any of you at Antico after the event? My wife and I just got back from there and there were a couple of fans there that looked like they were at Fan Day.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I believe that I saw 1 of the Morgan boys on the side of the road after I left fan day. I could be mistaken. I know I saw Will Bryan on the field. Hes a mammoth kid. im not sure if it was just me, but I got a diff. Vibe from briefly speaking with some of our players. They seemed more enthusiatic and awfully friendly to me and my family. Got to speak with Terrell Lewis family in line also. Just had a very enjoyable evening. GT does it right.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I kept looking for a guy with a wide lens but I must have missed you in the crowd. I think I saw buzz weiser and his son but I can't be sure.

91 I think I saw you and your family near the DR section.
Like you, I wasn't sure.
My kiddo and I had on caps, this may have thrown you off a tad.

It was a great day!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
That should be DL area.
I was impressed with alot of the guys and their manners most of all..
Shamire is a monster. ...kallon...much bigger than I expected.!

The team seems stoked about toe meeting leather !

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
Awbuzz....thanks so much for doing this and for the nice comment. I am sure he was quite surprised. Looking forward to my Sunday night phone conversation with him to get his take on fan day and the first couple of days of practice. Also how he feels about his Chem final.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had a great time today. Man I'm going to enjoy being back in Atlanta. Gotta call out Nuke. Where were you man? Lex? What is up?

It was great to meet AWBuzz, BUzz wiser, and Fat Pat. Get this. Fat Pat's wife is the older sister of a fraternity brother of mine. Small world. We laughed a good bit at some old stories.

After leaving the parking deck to stand in line, I met Brandon Oliver's parents. Man were they awesome. Dad is a football coach, a DC no less. Needless to say I asked him how he would defend this offense. He started his response by shaking his head. Bottom line, he thinks it is every defensive coach's nightmare. He is very high on both QBs we have vying for the starting job.

Upon entering the stadium I met the following position groups Safeties, OL, LBs, and BBs. I didn't have the patience to wait in some of the lines. I can't tell you how proud I am of the guys we have representing us on the roster. They are well composed gentlemen. I deal with a lot of young people (athletes) in my life and I can tell you we are bringing in quality kids. I shook everybody's hand and had some good brief conversations. I asked some tough questions at times. These kids are positive and ready to go. They will be easy to root for. I would say the most shy kid of all was Shamire Devine. Go figure. He was the biggest guy in the house, after all.

I was on the way out when I really had the highlight of may day. I just happened to run into coach Sisk and I asked him about a former strength coach that I knew at TECH. He had heard of him but didn't know him. Anyway, we must have talked about 15 minutes without interruption. We talked about some of the kids, his methods and philosophies etc. Out of respect for him and the privacy of our talk I will not go into individual players. I will just say this, I am very high on him and I am sure he has been impacting the program in a positive way. If you knew what he is putting the kids through and all of what they have to do academically as well, you would have some new found respect for sure.

I was just about to leave when I saw Roddy Jones hanging out without much of a crowd around him. I had to go meet him. We also talked about 15 min or so. If you didn't already know it, that kid is impressive and he is heading places. He was as genuinely warm and humble as any person I have ever met. I encouraged him about his new gig. Obviously he is excited, but like anybody just getting started, he has his doubts. I ensured him he was a natural and that he would be awesome. I can't wait to have a player with inside knowledge of the offense to provide color. I told him how excited I was to be back in GA so I could attend games, and God bless him, he acted as if he was excited for me to be back! He has a gift for making people feel special. What a gentleman! I am so proud that he represents our beloved program.