Fall Camp Thread

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
COULD LET ME BE OPTIMISTIC!!
In 17 the last 9 completions 4 by other team.
I NEED TO BE OPTIMISTIC

The comments by Parker Braun make me more optimistic than I probably should be. He seems to feel pretty strongly that the new scheme is a big upgrade. (He also threw in a grain of salt to take with a reference to prior Ds making the O better / sharpening steel with steel)

So I’m pretty much on the standard bi-polar preseason highs and lows swings....More liquid self medication is required.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
The comments by Parker Braun make me more optimistic than I probably should be. He seems to feel pretty strongly that the new scheme is a big upgrade. (He also threw in a grain of salt to take with a reference to prior Ds making the O better / sharpening steel with steel)

So I’m pretty much on the standard bi-polar preseason highs and lows swings....More liquid self medication is required.
I agree. That was the most intriguing comment I heard - that this defense is the kind of thing they see when playing against the best defenses - Clemson, etc. So, #1, I'm glad we're doing the things good defenses do (and didn't do that before according to one of our very astute OL), and #2, this could actually make the offense better too as practicing against the real deal should help us be better prepared.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The hittin’ starts today ladies and gentlemen! Time to separate the men from the boys!
First the good.
Hope u saw the recent interview with Brady I. Iirc He was either before or after Parker. Got to love his impish grin when he describes how fast and physical the battles are with Branch. As he spoke u could tell he remembers it in vivid detail. As I watched our athletes walk around on the bench, I looked at BI and wondered what's that guy doing here. He was always walking around like a nervous belly and was kind of smallish. To my mind he was out if place. BUT coach put him in for significant plays at LT. A few miss sets and then bang - he is gettting TO PROPER PLACE AND SETTING UP TO BLOCK . Then as he plays more he learns to move down field with his block. COACH obviously encouraged kid walk on due legacy and saw he was a player. THE GUY IS SUBING FOR LEE WHO COACH SAW ON TRIP TO RECRUIT THE NEXT SHAMIRE - D Campbell. As an aside DC is back up at LSU and LEE has played since he got here. COACH IS GOOD. BI has worked himself into an important part of the ol.

THE BAD
He is obviously very bright - only 1.5 semesters and he is through with ME degree with high grades = pick your good job. That means , if he wants , he is out of here by spring training.

Maybe that's not so bad- because this year will be so fun he wants to come back and play. More like Marshall and not like Klock, etc.
NEXT YEAR Stay or leave KIDS LIKE BI ARE A PLUS TO GT FOOTBALL.

Lets just cheer as he, will, braun, lee , marshall , etc are downfield making key blocks!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
14-0......

Nothing to lose.....free beer to gain :)

Which is greater amount of beer
A. in first 6 games?
1. 6-0?
OR
2 2-4?.
B. AND in last 6 games?
1. 6-0?
2. 1-5?
It ain't close.

Imo if A1 and B1, the beer in last 2 games would be epic! That amount of beer is $$$. Note to all = IF A1 start big time saving in case B1.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I agree. That was the most intriguing comment I heard - that this defense is the kind of thing they see when playing against the best defenses - Clemson, etc. So, #1, I'm glad we're doing the things good defenses do (and didn't do that before according to one of our very astute OL), and #2, this could actually make the offense better too as practicing against the real deal should help us be better prepared.

agreed. Nice to have a DC on our staff now!! Hopefully his game day adjustments and playcalling match what we need to succeed.