Fall Camp Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
He needs to get but on field if he is going to start.

That's the key. Sounds like MJ will miss time this week, which means the other 3 guys will have an opportunity to separate. Coming off a less than stellar scrimmage, not sure any of the QBs can afford to miss snaps.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
1a 2b comment kind of makes me think of two different packages in mind. Like last year with Jordan in goal line formations.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
My wild speculation after pressed and @DrJacket post is:

1a: TM
1b: JJ (I think CPJ wants him to take the reins because he's going to be special)
2: this seems to be the battle. Appears MJ is losing ground, partially to injury)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IMO, if MJ or Taquan start at UT, it sounds like they would only be keeping QB1 warm for one of the younger guys. You'd think as well as Taquan has played and as much improvement as he's shown, CPJ would be less enthusiastic about him moving back to AB. Nope...pretty clear TWICE now that moving Taquan is very much on the table if someone else can take the job. Hasn't been as authoritative that the job is MJ's to lose as he was coming into Fall Camp. Has said words of encouragement, but looks like MJ needs to get healthy and pick it up sooner than later.

CPJ was pretty emphatic, with all the speed and running ability that Jay has that would translate somewhere else, the kid ain't moving. Didn't touch on Lucas (no one asked), but he's getting a run with the 1's so he's still a factor unless coaches decided over Sunday beers that Lucas is not part of the race any longer. I doubt that.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Thanks! Notice how little specific was said about our (#94) defense? I'd sure like to know when Adams is coming back. But now with practices closed, I doubt we'll hear much of anything specific.

Hopefully the players change numbers occasionally to mess up the spotters / drones.

In reference to the D in the scrimmage "It wasn't all bad." :nailbiting: And "missed a lot of tackles" :nailbiting: And "gave up a lot of 3rd and longs" :sour:

Not reassuring at all. Best he said was "they had some moments":hungover:

But I'm sure CPJ doesn't know what he's talking about as it's impossible to scout our D vs our O:p:LOL:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
In reference to the D in the scrimmage "It wasn't all bad." :nailbiting: And "missed a lot of tackles" :nailbiting: And "gave up a lot of 3rd and longs" :sour:

Not reassuring at all. Best he said was "they had some moments":hungover:

But I'm sure CPJ doesn't know what he's talking about as it's impossible to scout our D vs our O:p:LOL:
We did have some missing that were 1st and 2nd string guys. Hopefully that the reason why.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
paul was fighting back smiles when talking about tm

I think jj is 1c. Paul said will be. Needs to be reigned in. For me, he sees jj as the ticket in a year or two

I think the order is tm. Lj or Mj. Then jj.

In pauls heart its jj. Tm. Lj. Mj lol

In my heart its probably the same order too.

But it would be totally awesome if jj trotts out as our starter. There is nothing a fun as watching young rare athleticism grow into his own. Yes the mistakes suck. But the highs are super high. JT says hi. Would be really similar

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I don't see how MJ drops out of the top 2 for game 1, but if he does that means the other guys are really good. He won on the road in Blacksburg, that says a lot about him to me.

We should just put Shamire at BB and let Adams QB the first play of the game.