Fall Camp Thread

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
OK, TIFWIW, we'd be silly to draw negative conclusions from these practice reportlets. If there's a pass interception or a pass break-up, then there's three players involved: the passer, the receiver, and the defender. Sometimes defenders make great plays. Sometimes receivers run bad routes or fail to get expected leverage on the defender. And sometimes the passer throws a bad pass. Assuming it was only the third option isn't fair to the passer. (of course, it's possible @BigDaddyBuzz saw it and wasn't assuming)

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
WWUS in Guadalupe just reported that, after the pick 6, MJ was moved to weakside TE.

Best I can tell, they have never been wrong about a GT report.

Hope ut does not catch wind of this.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He is good. A lot of the throws don't go to his side. In a Tenuta scheme you would hear his name called more IMO. Roof tends to use him differently than Tenuta would, which is why you don't hear his name called as often. I am not saying Roof is using him incorrectly, just that there is a difference in scheme.
Still, when CPJ says he has the potential to be one of the best safeties to play at GT you would expect the Forced fumbles, picks etc. Of course he can still get there, and I hope he does. But imo the other poster is right on. Hopefully the 3rd year is the charm.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Just got through photos from 1st day. Everyone of the D linemen look bigger coming into the year, was pleasantly surprised at Glanton and Martin! You can see the guys have really put in the work in the off season S&C!

Both the Morgans look like they are ready to step in and provide quality depth on the O line. The starters are ready to kick a** and take names! Don't know the exact poundage that Shamire has dropped but he looks better that he's looked in a long time.

Expecting GOOD things from both sides of the LOS this year!
This camp feels different to me, CPJ in a good mood usually means something. Guess time will tell.

Give the man time. Soon enough he will be back to what his DNA commands him to be: a snarling, vituperative, autocratic, totally hands on slave driver.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm really hoping that AJ Gray can turn this off season playmaking into consistent gray plays during the season. I always hear his name called in the off season about how much of a playmaker he ifs but it just never seems to materialize for during the games. I think he has Morgan Burnett type of ability (maybe a little better) but it just has shown up yet. Keep grinding AJ, I'm definitely pulling for ya!!

It's very tough to make big-time plays when you have to remember plays and assignments. Can't be done here @ Tech with the school workload and all. :)

Last edited:

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
WWUS in Guadalupe just reported that, after the pick 6, MJ was moved to weakside TE.

Best I can tell, they have never been wrong about a GT report.

Hope ut does not catch wind of this.
CPJ said that was going to be my position this year. Next year it will be mine. Next year.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Per ramblingwreck Stephen had the catch of the day. How did the QB' not named Jordan look?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/gtcamp17.html

Practice No. 2: Saturday, Aug. 5

THE FLATS -- The Yellow Jackets returned to the John and Mark Brock Footbal Facility and Rose Bowl Field for practice No. 2 on a sunny Atlanta afternoon on Saturday.

Practice Details:
Saturday's practice consisted of 24 periods and lasted just under two-and-a-half hours. Like Friday's first practice, Saturday's workout had no contact with the Yellow Jackets again wearing helmets, jerseys and shorts (no pads).

Plays of the Day:
The plays of the day on the offensive side of the ball came by way of junior Qua Searcy as he made a leaping catch between two defenders on a pass thrown by redshirt-freshman Lucas Johnson deep across the middle of the field in the seven-on-seven drills. Searcy then topped that play with a 17-yard catch across the middle in which he dove to lay out for the pass just before hitting the turf two series later. The defense set the tone early in the seven-on-seven drills as senior defensive back Corey Griffin broke up not one, but two passes over the first five plays in the period. The closed out the drill with an interception at the goal line by junior safety Josh Selembo on a deep ball down the middle of the field.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I can only imagine they probably looked like what they are, backups.

Good grief.

Quick note to everyone: don't ask how anyone did that's not a projected starter.

Your incessant need to make every question an indictment on MJ is getting really old. It won't affect my rooting for him, but it will earn ya that ignore button pretty quick. And I hate doing that.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I can only imagine they probably looked like what they are, backups.
Stop being so negative towards those guys......goodness you aren't there are you? So stop making assumptions. I'm j/k, kinda..... but that is how you act if someone says something about MJ. So I don't see how you have much room to talk and get upset about comments towards MJ.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/gtcamp17.html

Practice No. 2: Saturday, Aug. 5

THE FLATS -- The Yellow Jackets returned to the John and Mark Brock Footbal Facility and Rose Bowl Field for practice No. 2 on a sunny Atlanta afternoon on Saturday.

Practice Details:
Saturday's practice consisted of 24 periods and lasted just under two-and-a-half hours. Like Friday's first practice, Saturday's workout had no contact with the Yellow Jackets again wearing helmets, jerseys and shorts (no pads).

Plays of the Day:
The plays of the day on the offensive side of the ball came by way of junior Qua Searcy as he made a leaping catch between two defenders on a pass thrown by redshirt-freshman Lucas Johnson deep across the middle of the field in the seven-on-seven drills. Searcy then topped that play with a 17-yard catch across the middle in which he dove to lay out for the pass just before hitting the turf two series later. The defense set the tone early in the seven-on-seven drills as senior defensive back Corey Griffin broke up not one, but two passes over the first five plays in the period. The closed out the drill with an interception at the goal line by junior safety Josh Selembo on a deep ball down the middle of the field.

Lucas Johnson made the pass of the day!!!! To Qua Searcy, who's on the first team. Which means LJ is taking over QB1!!! :)

Example of reading too much into practice reports without context. Especially practices without pads!

Great to hear about official football practices ('cause it means football is almost here)...but the good stuff doesn't happen until they put on the pads and strap on those helmets.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lucas Johnson made the pass of the day!!!! To Qua Searcy, who's on the first team. Which means LJ is taking over QB1!!! :)

Example of reading too much into practice reports without context. Especially practices without pads!

Great to hear about official football practices ('cause it means football is almost here)...but the good stuff doesn't happen until they put on the pads and strap on those helmets.
See I read that as LJ making a mad throw lol......

SlawDog

Banned
Stop being so negative towards those guys......goodness you aren't there are you? So stop making assumptions. I'm j/k, kinda..... but that is how you act if someone says something about MJ. So I don't see how you have much room to talk and get upset about comments towards MJ.
You are so defensive