Fall Camp Thread

SlawDog

Banned
I love your devotion to MJ. I know you have a vested interest in seeing him be the starting QB. If he ends up there, then I'll be as big a fan as you are.

Can you ATTEMPT to understand how the rest of us think? We want him to succeed, but only the same as we want EVERY player to succeed.

There's a big diff b/w someone saying "it's a slight concern that our starting qb threw a pick six on his first pass" and "I bet this guy gets kicked off the team." You're smarter than that. If DM was late to his first practice, we'd all be concerned. And we would be right to be.
You're smarter than that. No one said that they bet DM will be kicked off the team. Where did that come from? It could be a concern to some that he might based on last year. Try to at least be honest.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
I agree, I almost get the feel that he knows something we don't lol. (Something good, a confidence) I like a comment he made about the OL as well, he said he was impressed with 2 or 3 of them and how they moved. If that translates to the field after knowing how well they played last year, and we already know what we have at the skilled positions, that will help the QB out majorly imo. This O could be hard to stop.
I wasn't sure if he was talking about freshmen or last year's starters. I think he said young guys or something like that. We started 3 freshmen last year. If he thinks Parker is moving better than he did last year, then no wonder he's in such a good mood. Man I love this time of year.

NorthGaJacket15

Jolly Good Fellow

Perhaps I'm reading way too much into this, but is that Stickler running with the first team OL while Lee watches? Could we have a position battle at LT?

Possible for sure! But I'm not sure those are the first team, can you tell who others are that may solidify that? Looks like Taquon was in there, if that's the ones?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I wasn't sure if he was talking about freshmen or last year's starters. I think he said young guys or something like that. We started 3 freshmen last year. If he thinks Parker is moving better than he did last year, then no wonder he's in such a good mood. Man I love this time of year.
I took it as last years starters because they were talking about off season work outs and he said he could tell a difference.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Fair enough. I guess we can also say it's a concern that DM won't finish the season because of some future team infractions.....true?
You are comparing two different things. MJ was already being talked about and now you are bringing another player into it that wasn't even being mentioned. If MJ wasnt being talked about then nothing would have been said obviously. Yes the Mills stuff was a concern, but that was last year. We are talking about something from just yesterday. Now if Mills would have skipped practice yesterday then we could have said that's a concern and most probably would have agreed, but that's not what happened.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Possible for sure! But I'm not sure those are the first team, can you tell who others are that may solidify that? Looks like Taquon was in there, if that's the ones?
The OL, you can see 70 and 55, and it sure looks like Braun (you can see the 7) and Marshall (you can see the 5) are the other 2 OL aside from 67. And Johnson said yesterday he rotates QB's in and out of huddles, so while it is indeed Taquon, it may have just been his rep.

It just seems to me that if you have 4 presumed starters and one other dude, then that dude is running with the 1's for the time being. The fact that Lee is RIGHT there behind the coach leads me to believe they're rotating in and out at LT

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
The OL, you can see 70 and 55, and it sure looks like Braun (you can see the 7) and Marshall (you can see the 5) are the other 2 OL aside from 67. And Johnson said yesterday he rotates QB's in and out of huddles, so while it is indeed Taquon, it may have just been his rep.

It just seems to me that if you have 4 presumed starters and one other dude, then that dude is running with the 1's for the time being. The fact that Lee is RIGHT there behind the coach leads me to believe they're rotating in and out at LT
Good point. We have to establish someone soon at the #3 OT position. Hope Stickler can be that guy.

SlawDog

Banned
You are comparing two different things. MJ was already being talked about and now you are bringing another player into it that wasn't even being mentioned. If MJ wasnt being talked about then nothing would have been said obviously. Yes the Mills stuff was a concern, but that was last year. We are talking about something from just yesterday. Now if Mills would have skipped practice yesterday then we could have said that's a concern and most probably would have agreed, but that's not what happened.
Simply anew topic. People have been expressing 'a concern' about MJ all off season. Just another random concern that some may have

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Simply anew topic. People have been expressing 'a concern' about MJ all off season. Just another random concern that some may have
I agree people have done that, but I'm talking about the present situation of what is being talked about, the pick 6. Although a pick 6 isn't a big deal imo, all the QB's will probably be picked off during the fall.

SlawDog

Banned
I agree people have done that, but I'm talking about the present situation of what is being talked about, the pick 6. Although a pick 6 isn't a big deal imo, all the QB's will probably be picked off during the fall.
This is the last thing I'm saying. People, in this thread, referred to MJs performance in two games from last year not just the 'pick 6'

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
This is the last thing I'm saying. People, in this thread, referred to MJs performance in two games from last year not just the 'pick 6'
I completely get that and I understand that it's to small of a sample size. Especially when it was raining like crazy against Miami. But that wasn't even the subject of the conversation for which you got defensive about, the pic 6 was, and you have brought other things into that conversation. I'll end with that though, no need to argue about this. If MJ is the best then he will start.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I'm really hoping that AJ Gray can turn this off season playmaking into consistent gray plays during the season. I always hear his name called in the off season about how much of a playmaker he ifs but it just never seems to materialize for during the games. I think he has Morgan Burnett type of ability (maybe a little better) but it just has shown up yet. Keep grinding AJ, I'm definitely pulling for ya!!

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I'm really hoping that AJ Gray can turn this off season playmaking into consistent gray plays during the season. I always hear his name called in the off season about how much of a playmaker he ifs but it just never seems to materialize for during the games. I think he has Morgan Burnett type of ability (maybe a little better) but it just has shown up yet. Keep grinding AJ, I'm definitely pulling for ya!!

Huh? The kids a baller. You're not paying attention.

/

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Huh? The kids a baller. You're not paying attention.

/
How many int's, pick 6s, pass breakups, forced fumbles, etc does he have? He's been solid, there's no question, but I just expected more. And I think he will become more of a playmaker in the mold of a Morgan Burnett.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
How many int's, pick 6s, pass breakups, forced fumbles, etc does he have? He's been solid, there's no question, but I just expected more. And I think he will become more of a playmaker in the mold of a Morgan Burnett.

He is good. A lot of the throws don't go to his side. In a Tenuta scheme you would hear his name called more IMO. Roof tends to use him differently than Tenuta would, which is why you don't hear his name called as often. I am not saying Roof is using him incorrectly, just that there is a difference in scheme.