Fall Camp Thread

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Get over it

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care who wins the QB job, because I know that guy will be the best option. But I'm worried about you. I hope you're still a fan and can contribute here constructively if it doesn't turn out how you hope.

SlawDog

Banned
Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care who wins the QB job, because I know that guy will be the best option. But I'm worried about you. I hope you're still a fan and can contribute here constructively if it doesn't turn out how you hope.
Ha! If you only knew

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
So, does the defense look ready for Tennessee? Especially the front 7? Can we get a pass rush?
Do we have a good shot to return a kick or punt all the way this year?
Are we going to be decent with kickoffs and field goals this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not yet
Probably not
Nope
Maybe, you never know with kickers

Did I cover all the bases?

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Game experience means A LOT!!! But it doesn't out weigh practice. practice means more than game experience at this point. Do you really think not practicing won't affect a player? thats why CPJ is constantly talking about reps.

Reps are always important but most especially this year.
I am not sure that MJ is 100% mentally over his injury.
I am hoping and praying that Marshall continues to improve and is ready to play.
LJ and JJ (the J&J boys) better not get too comfortable with the idea of holding a clipboard. This QB situation is fluid to say the least.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Practice No. 13: Thursday, Aug. 17

THE FLATS -- As has been the trend over the past several days, Georgia Tech football practiced in hot, steamy conditions at Rose Bowl Field on Thursday afternoon.

Practice Details:
With temperatures once again in the 90s, the Yellow Jackets donned full pads but scaled back Thursday's practice from 23 to 21 periods for the third-straight day. The practice lasted a little more than two hours and was Georgia Tech's final full-contact workout before it holds its second intrasquad scrimmage of the fall on Saturday. Friday's practice will be conducted in shells (helmets, shoulder pads and shorts).

Plays of the Day:
Georgia Tech worked on its late-game (or late-half) offense and defense over the final two periods of Thursday's practice, with the offense getting the ball on its own 35 yard line with just 1:09 on the game clock.

The Yellow Jackets' defense recorded stops on the first three series, highlighted by a pair of sacks by senior defensive end Antonio Simmons and interceptions by redshirt freshman lineman Josh White and senior cornerback Lance Austin, which ended the second and third series, respectively. White hauled in his interception with a terrific diving effort on a deflected pass while Austin's thwarted a scoring threat for the offense at the goal line.

The offense marched 65 yards for a score on the final series, highlighted by 20- and 12-yard receptions by senior Antonio Messick and redshirt freshman Jair Hawkins-Anderson and capped with a five-yard touchdown run by sophomore A-back Omahri Jarrett.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
MJ has definitely missed a ton of time in Spring and Fall camps...and I think that can play a role. My guess though is 1a: TQM, 1b: MJ. I think both will play against UT, and I think you won't see one of the other guys this year unless we aren't getting what we need out of either of these two. TQM will probably start with MJ coming in in goal line situations. The freshmen are talented for sure, but so are these two, and both of them have played.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I like hearing Simmons had 2 sacks!

Back to the QBs...:)

IMO, I think if CPJ is seeing what he needs to from MJ yesterday, today, and this Saturday during the scrimmages, then MJ is starting. CPJ values experience. I wouldn't make too much out of one bad scrimmage from MJ last Saturday. CPJ has seen MJ the last 3+ years...he knows what MJ is and isn't. One bad outing doesn't erase 3+ years. However, if MJ is still affected by injuries and he's still shakey, TQM may be a real big factor come Tennessee. But I also think LJ is going to see time regardless. You don't give those valuable reps with the 1st team to someone who's not going to play. Right now, I think CPJ is grappling more with between starting TQM or MJ given MJ's coming back from injury. When CPJ said "I've known what I'm going to do for a while"...he's probably talking about those scenarios.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
As for QB it seems pj has a dilemma. MJ runs the o the best but continues to struggle passing and struggle is an understatement. Saturday will be huge for the 3 in the race.