Fall Camp Thread

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
It's got to be TaQuon. Hands down the most consistent to date in 2017. Started Spring game, been healthy all summer. Has had the most reps.. isn't a RS Freshman and CPJ has wanted him on the field in some capacity but we don't see a position change.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
It's got to be TaQuon. Hands down the most consistent to date in 2017. Started Spring game, been healthy all summer. Has had the most reps.. isn't a RS Freshman and CPJ has wanted him on the field in some capacity but we don't see a position change.
Only reason he started Spring game is MJ was out. Not picking faves, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it's not MJ starting. Reason I say pleasantly is that I trust MJ, but I trust CPJ. If he feels there is a more capable or qualified starter than 11, we're in good shape.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Only reason he started Spring game is MJ was out. Not picking faves, but I would be pleasantly surprised if it's not MJ starting. Reason I say pleasantly is that I trust MJ, but I trust CPJ. If he feels there is a more capable or qualified starter than 11, we're in good shape.

Yes, I know MJ was out but look hard at the facts. He got the reps, MJ didn't. CPJ is so blunt about reps.. he says it is clear if one gets reps and one doesn't then that creates separation.

If it is MJ starting against Tennessee and he knows then he wouldn't he just say it? If it is TaQuon then he would keep it secret to not create extra pressure.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
"I may not tell them (the team), but they will know before kickoff," Johnson said. "I think they've figured it out and they see who plays and who is playing the best. They are not dumb."

How anyone could think that describes Jordan is beyond me, he's hardly practiced since last fall. What has he got in not injured, 2 weeks?

It's LJ's or TM show. I'm betting LJ

Techster

Helluva Engineer
No. Vad was nowhere close to explosive. He was a lot of things, but that wasn't one of them.

Maybe not the back half of 2013, but 2012 he was phenomenal (Check the UNC '12 tape, and UVA '12 game). I know you don't like Vad, but let's stop with the revisionist history about his ability.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
"I may not tell them (the team), but they will know before kickoff," Johnson said. "I think they've figured it out and they see who plays and who is playing the best. They are not dumb."

How anyone could think that describes Jordan is beyond me, he's hardly practiced since last fall. What has he got in not injured, 2 weeks?

It's LJ's or TM show. I'm betting LJ

Pretty much this. MJ hasnt practiced consistently since Spring and he was not the best player at scrimmage Saturday (granted this is the only fan sample). I dont see how it isnt Quon or LJ breaking down that last comment.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Pretty much this. MJ hasnt practiced consistently since Spring and he was not the best player at scrimmage Saturday (granted this is the only fan sample). I dont see how it isnt Quon or LJ breaking down that last comment.

I concur has to be TQM maybe LJ, MJ has missed way too much time

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I remember reading CPJ's contract years ago and I recall it required him to make a certain number of public appearances. Maybe even do these post scrimmage interviews.

I think there are places CPJ would rather be! I think it's that way with most of us; these would be a distraction to getting ready to play but in which you could really screw up and create even more distraction. Maybe we need a PR coach to go along with the O coach and D coach and line coach and .......

PJ was always available after every practice at Southern, even Thursdays, and the transcripts of his exchanges with the Annapolis beat writer when he was at Navy were solid gold (you could tell they got along and the guy got PJ's sense of humor). Trying to think of the media attention every day when he was at Southern - the guy from the local paper was there every day, the Savannah paper was there three or four days a week, AJC might come down once a week or every other week, and at least 1 or 2 of the Savannah TV stations were there on a daily basis.
The problem this time of the year, they need stories and there just isn't much more to write about right now. So it's a little bit of "we've run out of ways to ask the same questions" and PJ "I've got the same answers as yesterday."
Once camp is over and game planning starts - and PJ makes the other coaches and players available for post practice interviews - these interviews will probably be a lot less tired.