Fall Camp Thread

slugboy

Staff member
So, does the defense look ready for Tennessee? Especially the front 7? Can we get a pass rush?
Do we have a good shot to return a kick or punt all the way this year?
Are we going to be decent with kickoffs and field goals this year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Way too much time? That's laughable. He was the backup last year and played in most games and started and won one.
He obviously means this year. The reps from last year have no affect on this year except for experience. No practice = rusty. Idc who you are. If JT missed all spring and a lot of fall, he would probably look bad. The mesh between the QB and B back, pitch relation with the A back, and the QB and WR connection all takes practice and the year before means nothing for those things.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Way too much time? That's laughable. He was the backup last year and played in most games and started and won one.

Get over it dude. Just about everyone on this message board wants MJ to do well. Yet you still pout whenever anyone shows any excitement towards the other QBs. You don't really have any valid arguments and your bias for your boy is beyond annoying. A true tech fan would support whoever ends up under center on 9/4, but clearly you won't. It's getting old.

SlawDog

Banned
Get over it dude. Just about everyone on this message board wants MJ to do well. Yet you still pout whenever anyone shows any excitement towards the other QBs. You don't really have any valid arguments and your bias for your boy is beyond annoying. A true tech fan would support whoever ends up under center on 9/4, but clearly you won't. It's getting old.
Go away son you're making an *** out of yourself

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
You're having a tough time with this whole experience thing aren't you?

I asked a simple question. I agree mj has tons more experience, and should have this thing locked down, yet here we are...surely CPJ is going to start MJ like ever single person on this board and in the country thought at the end of last year. All this QB controversy is just a coach being a "chess player". If it's one thing we know about coach is that he isn't a straight shooter. /s

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

He's not a tech fan though, he's mj's girlfriend I think.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
LJ is a great talent but he doesn't have the experience the CPJ values

Ok, so this is all just a game with coach? He's playing at some mind games here? Weird, doesn't sound like coach. But there you have it, MJ is the starter, straight from SlawDog out of (presumably) Mathew Jordan's mouth. I guess we're settled here, hope he lights it up.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
That's funny but we KNOW what you are

Thank you for settling this via Matthew Jordan, future Mrs. Matthew Jordan (fingers crossed?!?) it's really nice having a player's girlfriend on the board. Normally, players tell family members to STFU when it comes to personel matters or team issues, I know this because my brother was a scholarship D1 basketball player. but not with the 'ol ball and chain, huh? But seriously, I'd keep this info on the down low, I'd hate for it to get around that Matthew Jordan has announced he's starting in a couple weeks especially since CPJ is playing some 4d chess here.... These things tend to go viral, you know?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You're having a tough time with this whole experience thing aren't you?
Experience from last year means nothing if you aren't practicing this year. How do you get the mesh down with the B back, A backs, WR's? That stuff takes practice, it doesn't automatically transfer to the next year as if no time was taken off.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
In no way is MJ a liability. But the ceiling is lower for the entire season with MJ, if you can't see that then you're overcome with bias.

If MJ gets the nod I have his back 100% at that point.
In the first game, I would be more concerned with the floor than the ceiling.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Go away son you're making an *** out of yourself

The problem is, you're a one-issue poster. You're far from the only one here who is openly rooting for MJ, but it's literally your point and every single post. This board has been around for a while you know, and there's a quite a few of us on here who have a decent feel for the way CPJ communicates. Frankly, your presumptuous attitude about what you think you know is getting old.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm having a discussion with someone who believes game experience means nothing. Get me outta herePercy
Game experience means A LOT!!! But it doesn't out weigh practice. practice means more than game experience at this point. Do you really think not practicing won't affect a player? thats why CPJ is constantly talking about reps.

SlawDog

Banned
The problem is, you're a one-issue poster. You're far from the only one here who is openly rooting for MJ, but it's literally your point and every single post. This board has been around for a while you know, and there's a quite a few of us on here who have a decent feel for The way CPJ communicates. frankly your presumptuous attitude about what you think you know is getting old.
Get over it

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
IMO, Jordan starts unless he's got any lingering physical issues. People need to quit acting like MJ is a liability. He's a good player, and he's by far the most experienced. LJ will play though ala Tevin/Vad 2012.

I'm about to get flamed for this, but: He was a liability as a passer the last two years. 2/7 vs. VT. He threw an INT against Vanderbilt. 4/8 and an INT vs. Miami two years ago. I just looked up his career stats and he's 1-2 TD-INT vs. P5 in very few snaps. Now, he worked out with Joe Ham this off season and we have a new QB coach so he could very well be much smarter throwing so the past doesn't necessarily dictate his future. I'm just trying to be fair to all four guys and if we're going to knock Jay Jones for putting the ball on the ground and being a liability, we have to be fair and knock MJ for turning the ball over at a high rate through the air as well.

I personally don't care who starts for us, I'm confidant in all 4. Defense and Special Teams have me worried and they should have everyone way more worried than the one position we are crazy deep at on offense.