Fall Camp Thread

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The whole OL in that clip with LJ was 2's. The Abacks work in like clock work. Not saying he's not working with the 1's but that clip doesn't say much imo.

By golly...I wonder if CPJ saying a few 1st teams OLs are out this week has anything to do with it. I mean, we don't rotate OLs...;)

I'll give you this much. You're sticking with the Titanic after it hits the iceberg. I can respect that.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
By golly...I wonder if CPJ saying a few 1st teams OLs are out this week has anything to do with it. I mean, we don't rotate OLs...;)

I'll give you this much. You're sticking with the Titanic after it hits the iceberg. I can respect that.
I've only heard of 1 OL out, and my point is if they are the second OL that means they aren't the first which means it's not the first team OL lol. But anyways I don't get the Titanic comment? I'm not saying LJ won't be playing. Just stating a fact. :p

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've only heard of 1 OL out, and my point is if they are the second OL that means they aren't the first which means it's not the first team OL lol. But anyways I don't get the Titanic comment? I'm not saying LJ won't be playing. Just stating a fact. :p

At the 6:16 mark:

Fact: CPJ said today Cottrell and Searcy are first team ABs right now.
Fact: LJ was running a play with Cottrell and Searcy.
Fact: BB in the clip was Dedrick Mills (anyone want to argue Mills isn't 1st team?)
Fact: Only "OL" you could see was 66...which is a walk on Jack CoCo who was acting in the capacity of a defensive option key read, and not an OL that's part of the play. You must have magical skills if you saw any other OL in that play.

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Fact: BB in the clip was Dedrick Mills (anyone want to argue Mills isn't 1st team?)
Fact: Only "OL" you could see was 66...which is a walk on Jack CoCo who was acting in the capacity of a defensive option key read, and not an OL that's part of the play. You must have magical skills if you saw any other OL in that play.

You just need to stop talking logic ok......none around these parts want to hear what you have to say. :D

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck

Fact: Only "OL" you could see was 66...which is a walk on Jack CoCo who was acting in the capacity of a defensive option key read, and not an OL that's part of the play. You must have magical skills if you saw any other OL in that play.[/.

haha your titantic comment applies to you too big dog...i respect it

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

1:02 JJ with Backups
2:46 JJ with Backups
3:27 either TQM or TO with the Backups
4:13 TQM with the Starters
6:16 LJ with the Starters
8:38 JJ with the Backups

Now, this may mean exactly NOTHING, but those are the clips in that video (I slowed it down to .25 speed to look at numbers)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1:02 JJ with Backups
2:46 JJ with Backups
3:27 either TQM or TO with the Backups
4:13 TQM with the Starters
6:16 LJ with the Starters
8:38 JJ with the Backups

Now, this may mean exactly NOTHING, but those are the clips in that video (I slowed it down to .25 speed to look at numbers)

If you read some of the posts of others (in this thread and other threads) who have access to the staff and practices, they've been saying or hinting that LJ is getting heavy reps with the 1's. Someone also said that LJ was the only QB not to scrimmage with the backups (predominantly) Saturday, and had MJ not gotten hurt, Taquan would have ran with the backups as well. There is more than "nothing" with those observations.

Evidence is starting to stack that LJ is a real contender to play, and possibly even start the first game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With as painful as it is to watch these videos I wonder why PJ even does them sometimes. He obviously doesn't want to be there, the people asking questions aren't comfortable and rarely ask anything funny or remotely relevant or interesting.

Just let PJ him offer whatever he wants to offer in and email and if it's nothing then fine.

I remember reading CPJ's contract years ago and I recall it required him to make a certain number of public appearances. Maybe even do these post scrimmage interviews.

I think there are places CPJ would rather be! I think it's that way with most of us; these would be a distraction to getting ready to play but in which you could really screw up and create even more distraction. Maybe we need a PR coach to go along with the O coach and D coach and line coach and .......

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Imagine facing these kinda questions every day after work.
1. How was your commute in to work today? Any traffic problems?
2. How did the secretary look today?
3. How did your plant managers perform? Which one seems most ready to become an executive manager? Did any of them call out sick today? Did any sick yesterday return to work today?
4. How are the new hires looking? Any of them catch your eye? Any look ready to step into a managers position? lol

This is basically what coaches face, day after day after day. :wacky:

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
He was saying JT was way better than everyone else behind him, wasn't talking about after his freshman year. He was comparing that to how there is no one leap years above anyone with this current group. That's what I got out of it atleast.

Agree, but recognizing that Matthew Jordan was here last year and that he is still competing for the starting role as opposed to having clearly claimed it, it very strongly suggest a big step back at the QB position for this year. Now that doesn't automatically mean the position will be a dumpster fire. Just the opposite since CPJ has expressed confidence in the players competing to be the QB and has stated that he is much more concerned about other positions.

I'm not worried about the QB spot, but do think the OL will need to play to its potential to compensate for the step down at QB so that the offense can at least maintain its level of play from last year. I'm hoping the other skill positions can improve enough to cause the offense to play at a higher level than last year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Just read the bio on those guys to try and figure out what drives a young man to sacrifice so much for so little material reward. All of those dudes were team captains in hs, even the db's.

Also, if you want to get a good look at all six of our qb's w/0 pads and actually see their faces, they're all right there in the front row. From left to right:
Jay (blue tank top), Tobias, Taquan, Lucas, Chase, Matthew (all six on scholly now)

Last edited:

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
Just read the bio on those guys to try and figure out what drives a young man to sacrifice so much for so little material reward. All of those dudes were team captains in hs, even the db's.

I think the critical thing is that they love to play and compete and that they love being part of the team. So far as I understand, they are treated like the scholarship players in every way except that they don't have the free tuition, books, and allowance money. So they do have material reward in the form of all the other perks and benefits of being on the team. I'm sure some of those guys have ideas of becoming coaches themselves at some point and being on the team furthers that goal.

At the end of the day, you have to salute those guys for being willing to put in the tough work that comes with being on the team all the while knowing that they might never play a single snap. From a purely rational perspective, maybe that's a crazy thing to do, but if you love it, is it really crazy?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, if you want to get a good look at all six of our qb's w/0 pads and actually see their faces, they're all right there in the front row. From left to right:
Jay (blue tank top), Tobias, Taquan, Lucas, Chase, Matthew (all six on scholly now)

That's Jay in the tank top? Why did I think he had a smaller fram than that.