Fall Camp Thread

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
True. We don't have the 2yd dump passes that rise guys' completion percentages artificially.
A pitch is as referred to as a "backwards pass" in the official rule book. Aren't backwards passes still passes? Shouldn't they count in the completion percentage? Backward Incompletions are much more detrimental than forward inc's.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
LOL...CPJ not even entertaining QB questions today. Shut those questions down QUICK.

Nathan Cottrell is an AB1 and Qua is another AB1 (which jives with my conspiracy theory that Lucas was running 1st team during the practice clips the other day). I wonder if Clinton Lynch is still nursing an injury. I believe CPJ said he was out earlier this week.

Not too much interesting today from CPJ. He sounds about ready to conclude camp and play some dang football for real.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
LOL...CPJ not even entertaining QB questions today. Shut those questions down QUICK.

Nathan Cottrell is an AB1 and Qua is another AB1 (which jives with my conspiracy theory that Lucas was running 1st team during the practice clips the other day). I wonder if Clinton Lynch is still nursing an injury. I believe CPJ said he was out earlier this week.

Not too much interesting today from CPJ. He sounds about ready to conclude camp and play some dang football for real.
I could be wrong but I thought at one time CPJ said Cottrell was doing a good job blocking.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At some point he should say there are 20 other positions plus special teams to worry about .......

All I know is people asking the questions are horrible. If I'm a reporter, I'm going to all the GT messageboards and trying to figure out what the fans are talking about and what the big discussions are about.

Although the backup holder question was funny. I think that was ripped from here....

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Congrats to these 4 guys who earned a scholarship the hard way for this season. Chase Martenson, Brady Swilling, Zach Matthews and Josh Selembo. Announced to rest of team today.

Really proud of those guys. It is great to see all the hard work payoff. We agonize over kids jumping ship when they don't get PT, and we forget to celebrate the guys that stick it out and earn their scholarship.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
With as painful as it is to watch these videos I wonder why PJ even does them sometimes. He obviously doesn't want to be there, the people asking questions aren't comfortable and rarely ask anything funny or remotely relevant or interesting.

Just let PJ him offer whatever he wants to offer in and email and if it's nothing then fine.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Coach comment about "he expects" they will all be back next week as funny. Obvious reference to you don't practice you don't play. Good to hear Jordan is back. I think this Saturday's scrimmage is huge for a few - QB, backups on defense because he has made clear when Monday comes around the two deep will be set.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not a ding on our current QBs. High praise for JeT though..."was way better than everyone else" after his frosh year. That includes younger versions of our current crop. So yes that spot will see some backslide. The improvements in all the positions around the QB spot could still lead to a net increase. Let's hope so anyway.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

The whole OL in that clip with LJ was 2's. The Abacks work in like clock work. Not saying he's not working with the 1's but that clip doesn't say much imo.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not a ding on our current QBs. High praise for JeT though..."was way better than everyone else" after his frosh year. That includes younger versions of our current crop. So yes that spot will see some backslide. The improvements in all the positions around the QB spot could still lead to a net increase. Let's hope so anyway.
He was saying JT was way better than everyone else behind him, wasn't talking about after his freshman year. He was comparing that to how there is no one leap years above anyone with this current group. That's what I got out of it atleast.