Fall Camp Thread

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
He was an A back starter as a freshman, and is another Qua-like tweener slot guy.
We are much deeper there this time around, but he could get some reps, and there's always guys getting dinged.
If you move him over, you have a top 5 AB crew that would be tough for any former GT team to match.
2014- Perkins, Zenon, Hill, Snoddy, Bostic was a good crew. I think these guys will be even better.
Imo he difference between Perkins, Zenon, Hill, Snoddy, and Bostic and the current group of guys is, the current group has better play making ability with the ball in their hands. The first group sure could block though.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
He was an A back starter as a freshman, and is another Qua-like tweener slot guy.
We are much deeper there this time around, but he could get some reps, and there's always guys getting dinged.
If you move him over, you have a top 5 AB crew that would be tough for any former GT team to match.
2014- Perkins, Zenon, Hill, Snoddy, Bostic was a good crew. I think these guys will be even better.

Now that you mention it. Qua reminds me very much of Bostic. Similar build, very quick, athletic, good hands.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yes, CPJ said he's hard to take down, like he thought he would be.
Is he the one that is from Rock Hill? My pastor played football there and told me that in Rock Hill people had nothing but good things to say about Howard. Good character, good football player, tough, hard nosed, kind of running back. All business according to him.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is he the one that is from Rock Hill? My pastor played football there and told me that in Rock Hill people had nothing but good things to say about Howard. Good character, good football player, tough, hard nosed, kind of running back. All business according to him.
That is him.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
  • a perfectly executed SCREEN PASS from junior quarterback Matthew Jordan to sophomore B-back KirVonte Benson, who was sprung by a key block from junior tackle Jake Stickler for a long gain;
  • a terrific throw and catch from redshirt freshman quarterback Lucas Johnson to redshirt freshman Alan Bussoletti, who used his 6-4 frame to go high over a defender for a big pickup down the right sideline;
  • a long touchdown run by Johnson on an option play over the right side of the offensive line.
Defensively, TRUE FRESHMAN Kelton Dawson turned in the bigge

SCREEN PASS!!
TRUE FRESHMAN!!

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Cpj has never put the wrong qb as a starter in every year he has been here. Imo not sure why we even question it at this point. Maybe vad lee is the only debatable time.

Whoever he starts is truly our best option.

Cpj supplanted marshall for a true freshman mills because he was better at rb. He always puts the best skill guy out there

The only time I think paul could be questioned are some Ol choices. But. Even thats not clear cut.
I strongly agree, but on the other side of the ball though....

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I just want in the quiver and we use it. Of course having time to allow it develop makes a difference.

The screen game is also tougher with a shorter QB. If TaQuan is really being moved over to AB then our shortest scholarship QB this season will be Jay Jones at 6'0". MJ is listed at 6'2" and LJ at 6'3". Justin Thomas was a great passer but his physical stature did limit what we did in the passing game and we had to constantly roll him out as opposed to letting him set up in the pocket. If our pass protection is adequate I foresee us pulling a lot of different things out of the bag including more screens and short throws.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
The screen game is also tougher with a shorter QB. If TaQuan is really being moved over to AB then our shortest scholarship QB this season will be Jay Jones at 6'0". MJ is listed at 6'2" and LJ at 6'3". Justin Thomas was a great passer but his physical stature did limit what we did in the passing game and we had to constantly roll him out as opposed to letting him set up in the pocket. If our pass protection is adequate I foresee us pulling a lot of different things out of the bag including more screens and short throws.

This is true. Something you cannot see at all on TV is the presence or absence of passing lanes. You have to have one to fit the pass in. Being 6'+ certainly helps.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure Venables was not fired at OU. He went to Clemson for a significant compensation increase offer.

First son was ga at ou when V left - more $ and he and stoopes didn't wrk together. Venables is a legend at Kansas State and IMO will be head coach when the head coach retires this year.
Other son was at Baylor when Steele was head coach. They never won game in b12. At baylor he had a small weak ast coach staff..
The auburn head coach is a guy who Wants and Demands the ball back so his offense has control. He has given Steele the staff and guides him to be aggressive.

Give roof a bigger staff and he will look it.
When we play clemson count the guys assisting on sidelines. He'll they have a guy to keep the head coach from running on the field.
We are funded as mid tier so be very grateful.
Our staff busts a**
Last year during season at on of the games the db coach's wife said they just got back late last night (friday) from a long drive to Niceville recruiting). Check out the latest db recruit - major offers but coming to gt

Now back to cheering on the players and coaches till next year off season

Last edited: