Expectations and thoughts?

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Expecting between 5 and 7 wins, that is who we are, the Hill doesn't care and most alums don't give a **** as long as we protect the sanctity of the institution by requiring a form of calculus in all majors. That said the attached schedule (not sure how I found it is pretty insightful) as the wins are on the left and the losses are all on the right.

gt football schedule

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Do you expect that the D will be better?

I expect the same level of D we have seen every year under Johnson. However you can bank on pretty much every stop we get being a stop we wouldn't have gotten last year according to those here.

Do you expect to rush for more yardage, than last year?

Probably less. 307 ypg rushing is towards the top end of what we've averaged under Johnson. More rushing yards doesn't always mean better though. We averaged 50 yards more last year than the year before. We'd be better off in the 270 range and developing a passing game beyond a junior high level.

Who do you expect the starting QB to be?

Marshall. I'll be greatly surprised if it's a real competition.

Who will take over as the #1 WR?

Stewart. Although I don't think we'll have an impact passing game next year unfortunately.

Do you expect to be in a bowl game, this coming season?

yeah. Alc State, USF, Pitt, BGU, UVA, UNC, and Duke will get us 6 wins imo.

Overall I expect a mediocre year while we "wait until woody gets his guys in the system".

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Expecting between 5 and 7 wins, that is who we are, the Hill doesn't care and most alums don't give a **** as long as we protect the sanctity of the institution by requiring a form of calculus in all majors. That said the attached schedule (not sure how I found it is pretty insightful) as the wins are on the left and the losses are all on the right.

gt football schedule
Serious question. You think South Florida beats us?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Having an aggressive defense for the first time under CPJ will be a plus. While I'm not expecting the 85 Bears this season, what I really want to see is no more points given up before halftime when there are less than 90 seconds and the opponent is on their own 25 yard line.

This scenario is still possible to occur even with a new and “more aggressive” scheme.

Here’s to hoping Woody anticipates opposing calls better than prior DCs and his scheme “fits” our talent better allowing them to shine more.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Looking at the schedule I have us at 8-4/9-3
Alcorn@USF@Pitt,BGSU,Duke,@Louisville,@ UNC, UVA as wins. Losses to Clemson,Miami(Toss up)@VT, @UGA

I think September will tell us a lot about how this season will go though. Games at USF and Pitt, which are be winnable, are not going to be easy. Then Clemson and BGSU. If we can get through September no worse than 4-1 I think it’s going to be a really good year. 3-2, we might be looking at 6 wins. If we go 2-3 it could turn into a 2015 again.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I know I have beaten this to death , but early ( September ) success does not translate to late season success - see 2017. Two factors to watch going into October : OL depth and how the defense progresses.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
The D will cause more turnovers and play better at the end of games because other offenses have fewer long drives due to our aggressiveness. Because of that we will win a couple more games than last year and reduce our points allowed per game somewhat.

If we can stay relatively healthy on offense it will be an exceptional year with roughly 1800 yards coming from the b back position. Taquon has fewer yards rushing than last year but noticeably better reads and overall performance. Comparisons with the 2014 offense will be made and we are a loss from a major bowl. With a break or two we play on 1-1-19. With some significant injuries we struggle to make a lower bowl and it is all CPJ’s fault!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There's a big difference between a Sun Belt team and an ACC team.............................................................................................just sayin';)

I think some of us may be over estimating the talent gap between Tech and App State a little. I think their talent was fairly close to us and a lot of our competitors last year. Especially on defense.