ESPN article

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
How many do you flunk? Two or more will cost you your job. Good luck because I like your moxie, but in the end, there's the bottom line, huh?
I don't flunk any. If they flunk, they do it on there own, and I provide all the help I can to help them be successful.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder who our uniform supplier is, I can’t find a logo anywhere? ;)

2c7f6657a972fe939bc68d0ebc3854f34c87baf611dc80a5e960e34b6212a485.jpg

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't flunk any. If they flunk, they do it on there own, and I provide all the help I can to help them be successful.
their own. You must teach an out of norm class then, because the National stats are pathetic, especially in the Southeast.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Morpheus is a master at Photoshop is all I can say. This poster surpassed by far the logo count on the business card. We may not win a lot of ball games but damn well everybody will know who our supplier is.

Not gonna get in an argument about why he's doing what he's doing, but for a staff trying to change the perception of GT with recruits, and since GT and "Russell" have been synonymous for decades, it stands to reason that GT would promote one of our a partnership with one of the "coolest" brands right now. BTW, not sure if you're caught up with pop culture, but Adidas is THE hottest sportswear brand at the moment:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...e-enough-sportswear-to-meet-demand/ar-AAAQQPP

It's not about promoting Adidas as much as it's about promoting GT athletics. Being partners with one of the biggest and "hottest" sportswear brands is nothing but good for GT.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not gonna get in an argument about why he's doing what he's doing, but for a staff trying to change the perception of GT with recruits, and since GT and "Russell" have been synonymous for decades, it stands to reason that GT would promote one of our a partnership with one of the "coolest" brands right now. BTW, not sure if you're caught up with pop culture, but Adidas is THE hottest sportswear brand at the moment:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...e-enough-sportswear-to-meet-demand/ar-AAAQQPP

It's not about promoting Adidas as much as it's about promoting GT athletics. Being partners with one of the biggest and "hottest" sportswear brands is nothing but good for GT.
I get it. It’s just funny, imo, the overkill.

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
their own. You must teach an out of norm class then, because the National stats are pathetic, especially in the Southeast.
I have some of the highest of the high and the lowest of the low. I teach in rural NC. We average 70% free and reduced lunch, and 75% with no college background in THEIR family (I do know the difference, just got in a hurry). What we do doesn't work for everyone, but we do have a lot who do well that probably would not in a more normal setting.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I have some of the highest of the high and the lowest of the low. I teach in rural NC. We average 70% free and reduced lunch, and 75% with no college background in THEIR family (I do know the difference, just got in a hurry). What we do doesn't work for everyone, but we do have a lot who do well that probably would not in a more normal setting.

I'm glad you are teaching them. Thank you for caring.

LibertyTurns

Banned
CPJ had 2 major failings- he could not recruit & he believed he’d get the same disciplined kids with the same dedication to team like at the Academy but they’d be better athletes at GT. I believe he whiffed on both accounts more often than not.

Secondly, there’s a fine line between abuse & discipline. If you don’t know the difference either on the hard *** side or the sympathetic side, you’ve got big problems raising kids. A lot of people believe that in the military for instance you run around yelling & screaming all day. If that was your military experience you probably served in one hell of a crappy underperforming unit.

Animal02

Banned
CPJ had 2 major failings- he could not recruit & he believed he’d get the same disciplined kids with the same dedication to team like at the Academy but they’d be better athletes at GT. I believe he whiffed on both accounts more often than not.

Secondly, there’s a fine line between abuse & discipline. If you don’t know the difference either on the hard *** side or the sympathetic side, you’ve got big problems raising kids. A lot of people believe that in the military for instance you run around yelling & screaming all day. If that was your military experience you probably served in one hell of a crappy underperforming unit.

Disagree with you on part one. It was not that CPJ could not recruit, I think he over estimated how well he could recruit D1 in the southeast based on his experience at Southern. He rally needed a nationwide recruiting effort like ND to get the players he needed.....I think he shot himself in the foot trying to compete too locally and was hamstrung by a lack of budget. As other schools ramped up, Tech stayed in neutral and got passed by.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Disagree with you on part one. It was not that CPJ could not recruit, I think he over estimated how well he could recruit D1 in the southeast based on his experience at Southern. He rally needed a nationwide recruiting effort like ND to get the players he needed.....I think he shot himself in the foot trying to compete too locally and was hamstrung by a lack of budget. As other schools ramped up, Tech stayed in neutral and got passed by.
CPJ decided to run the program in the fashion he decided to run it given the resources he was given. If he chose to focus on GA/FL, etc and recruiting suffered because of it, well at some point he should have realized he needed to do something different and get that in place.

I liked a lot of things about CPJ’s tenure, but effectiveness in recruiting was not one of them and the numbers don’t lie.