ESPN article

Animal02

Banned
CPJ decided to run the program in the fashion he decided to run it given the resources he was given. If he chose to focus on GA/FL, etc and recruiting suffered because of it, well at some point he should have realized he needed to do something different and get that in place.

I liked a lot of things about CPJ’s tenure, but effectiveness in recruiting was not one of them and the numbers don’t lie.
I think by the time it was apparently that the south east strategy was not getting it done, his hands were tied by the lack of funding. You cannot ignore the fact that spending on football went from a little above average to almost the bottom in the ACC. Even a Porsche will sit in the driveway if you don't spend money on gas.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
CPJ decided to run the program in the fashion he decided to run it given the resources he was given. If he chose to focus on GA/FL, etc and recruiting suffered because of it, well at some point he should have realized he needed to do something different and get that in place.

I liked a lot of things about CPJ’s tenure, but effectiveness in recruiting was not one of them and the numbers don’t lie.

Not unlike Pepper, CPJ eventually got the knock against him in the h.s. and recruiting circles. Fair or not.

And it would not have stopped at the ga/fl line. Or wherever.

You can not make a living pulling recruits out of Australia.