GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-5-9_11-24-15.png

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Finally, someone used the proper adjective

Revitalize!

https://es.pn/2vO1gwA
Great read , being older it's not the way I was brought up you made a mistake you got cussed out. I can see why people would want to play for him and this staff. I guess I just need to be open minded this is a new time and I do like what I hear. And just a guess I think the players do also . if you look we really having had the number of players move on as some thought we would.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Even though he overhypes his whole, "when I was here before we were top 10 and on Game Day", I understand exactly what he's doing. And it's the right move.

There's no reason to act like GT was in a dark place the years he was gone. But to some extent, he has to talk that way so that he can hype the new era.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Noted word: “antiquated”. Somewhere CPJ is seething (as will some on this board, too)

Not directed at you, DPJ, but who cares what CPJ thinks at this point in time? Is he our collective 'drunk uncle' that we are afraid to upset? I appreciate everything CPJ did for us while he was here but he is gone now. He owns everything good or bad about his scheme and how analysts, fans, and recruits felt about it.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Even though he overhypes his whole, "when I was here before we were top 10 and on Game Day", I understand exactly what he's doing. And it's the right move.

There's no reason to act like GT was in a dark place the years he was gone. But to some extent, he has to talk that way so that he can hype the new era.

It's a problem when schools haven't seen you come through in a decade. Yikes! Not a dark place, but our recruiting can be much more than it has been.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It's a problem when schools haven't seen you come through in a decade. Yikes! Not a dark place, but our recruiting can be much more than it has been.
Definitely. Listening to the replay of this morning’s ACC show on Sirius and they were talking about how they expect Tech to make a big jump in the next few years. In particular said that in talking with SEC coaches Lugenbill says what he is hearing from a lot of schools that they haven’t seen Tech in the last 10 years on the recruiting circuits but that now they are running into us everywhere. At the schools on social media, everywhere.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Like the part about cgc telling assistant coaches = Don't cuss out players - don't put them down - build them up.

Yeah, this shows he is really in touch with this generation, which seems to do much better with positive reinforcement and constructive correction.