Dukes & Bell

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I can't imagine that even 1% of the GT fan base cares at all what these guys talk about. Its always funny when sports radio guys pretend they are important in some way.

Then why are so many reacting to what they said?

Seems as if a lot of GT folk don’t realize that winning is a good thing.

What could be better than them talking about ugag with us beating them more than we do now?

God in heaven - stop whining and start winning. And not because of them.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't imagine that even 1% of the GT fan base cares at all what these guys talk about. Its always funny when sports radio guys pretend they are important in some way.

It is not the current fan base that is affected. It is the potential one. Granted, our 2018 team isn't doing anything to attract new fans, but even when we have good runs, these guys are still parroting the dwag nation narrative. The most we get is a patronizing pat on the head.

It is hard to build a non alum fanbase, when the unaffiliated local fan is fed a steady diet of the "UGA is cool and Tech sucks" mantra that is their normal go-to position.

However, note that they will jump all over the Tech bandwagon in basketball as soon as we show one bit of competitiveness. This is because the dwag horde gives nary a flip about basketball, so they dont risk the red and black wrath.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
It is not the current fan base that is affected. It is the potential one. Granted, our 2018 team isn't doing anything to attract new fans, but even when we have good runs, these guys are still parroting the dwag nation narrative. The most we get is a patronizing pat on the head.

It is hard to build a non alum fanbase, when the unaffiliated local fan is fed a steady diet of the "UGA is cool and Tech sucks" mantra that is their normal go-to position.

However, note that they will jump all over the Tech bandwagon in basketball as soon as we show one bit of competitiveness. This is because the dwag horde gives nary a flip about basketball, so they dont risk the red and black wrath.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Then why are so many reacting to what they said?

What could be better than them talking about ugag with us beating them more than we do now?

God in heaven - stop whining and start winning. And not because of them.
I wouldn't have reacted or even known what was said if it weren't posted here. Im all for more winning. I think everyone here is. I don't care if they talk about us either way, nor do I care about their opinion of us.

RiseUpATL

Banned
I wouldn't have reacted or even known what was said if it weren't posted here. Im all for more winning. I think everyone here is. I don't care if they talk about us either way, nor do I care about their opinion of us.

You should care. I have seen quite a bit of complaining on here over my time of lurking about not getting enough media attention and that the media hates us. Yet when they talk about us and truthfully everyone pretends like their opinion doesn’t matter. If the shoe were on the other foot and we were 4-0 coming off an upset of Clemson you all would be glued to the radio and hanging onto every bit of their sweet praise and it would be well deserved.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
You should care. I have seen quite a bit of complaining on here over my time of lurking about not getting enough media attention and that the media hates us. Yet when they talk about us and truthfully everyone pretends like their opinion doesn’t matter. If the shoe were on the other foot and we were 4-0 coming off an upset of Clemson you all would be glued to the radio and hanging onto every bit of their sweet praise and it would be well deserved.
I do somewhat care about the media, but local sports radio is so far down on that list of importance that it can barely be seen. Nobody cares what these guys say, and them claiming we should do something to be worthy of their time to talk about is laughable.

Deleted member 2897

Here you go again. Nobody will ever take you seriously when you talk out of your butt like that.

rRANRE.gif

LibertyTurns

Banned
Uga is a good story because its simple.
Yes, the headline:

MUTTS UNDERCHEIVED A WHOLE LOT LESS THAN THEY NORMALLY DO IN 2017

Perhaps they won’t underachieve the same amount this year, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Sucks, sucks, regardless of how much you say it doesn’t suck.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, Dukes & Bell aren't the only ones having a go at us:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-tennessee-volunteers-all-power-5-bottom-10

5. #GoACC Coastal

It would have been easy to simply plug Virginia Tech into the Coveted Fifth Spot all by itself. But VT is located in the ACC Coastal, the spaghetti pile of Power 5 divisions that includes the No-kies (2-1), the UNC Achilles Heels (1-2) and the Georgia Tech Not State Or Southern Shambling Wreck (1-3). Someone's gonna have to win this division ... and the reward will be to stand on the railroad tracks in front of Clemson. That's no fun. Right, Wreck?

On the bright side, we were clumped in with the entire Coastal, so it's possible people might have missed the dig entirely. Safety in numbers...amirite?! :unsure:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, Dukes & Bell aren't the only ones having a go at us:

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rs-tennessee-volunteers-all-power-5-bottom-10

5. #GoACC Coastal

It would have been easy to simply plug Virginia Tech into the Coveted Fifth Spot all by itself. But VT is located in the ACC Coastal, the spaghetti pile of Power 5 divisions that includes the No-kies (2-1), the UNC Achilles Heels (1-2) and the Georgia Tech Not State Or Southern Shambling Wreck (1-3). Someone's gonna have to win this division ... and the reward will be to stand on the railroad tracks in front of Clemson. That's no fun. Right, Wreck?

On the bright side, we were clumped in with the entire Coastal, so it's possible people might have missed the dig entirely. Safety in numbers...amirite?! :unsure:
It's an unusual year with Duke seemingly the best team in the Coastal Division. I wonder what ESPN will say when Duke goes 9-3?