Dukes & Bell

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Even in the 2014 season they still talked about the dwags more than GT. So I don't believe them. They would still do their stupid dwag report everyday if the dwags were losing every game. They are all about pleasing dwag fans.
That’s because Dwag fans have to occupy their time between shifts at their menial jobs, so they listen to wretched sports talk radio
Tech fans are too busy for that

I’ve met Bell and got along with him. And I don’t think half the fan base hates the O - when it’s working, it’s a thing of beauty, the kind of elegant equation you find in classical mechanics

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I like their beer.

https://untappd.com/b/oconee-brewing-company-dukes-and-bell-hey-man-blonde-ale/2708482

They kinda carry a big voice, having the #1 sports talk radio show in the metro.

They also have valid points. You want to know why no one talks GT football? (Rhetorical)

I’m not being argumentative but radio is not what it was 10 or 20 years ago. People are going to many different forms of media to get their news. So they may be the big fish in the pond but the pond is drying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiseUpATL

Banned
They arent all that wrong. What are they supposed to talk about exactly. IMO, I don’t want them talking about losses to USF and Pitt and a beat down by Clemson. They are doing us a favor by not talking about us because anything they would have to talk about would even more negatively impact the season so far. I don’t want our woes being publicly broadcast. It’s better we left the pissing and moaning to ourselves.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
They arent all that wrong. What are they supposed to talk about exactly. IMO, I don’t want them talking about losses to USF and Pitt and a beat down by Clemson. They are doing us a favor by not talking about us because anything they would have to talk about would even more negatively impact the season so far. I don’t want our woes being publicly broadcast. It’s better we left the pissing and moaning to ourselves.
If pissing and moaning helps bring about a head coaching change i'm 100% for it;)

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
They have talked a lot this year about how they want us to win because its better for everyone in our state for GT to have a respectable football program. In other seasons radio folks have purposefully not talked about us when we were good out of spite...honestly this time they are right with their comments and they come from a different place IMO. By comparison UGA is much easier to cover for them...we are essentially killing the mood with Tech segments.

We have very few reasons for a causal fan to be interested in GT currently....that has to change for many reasons including what is happening outside of our program. The offense is an easy thing to harp on right now...they have given it credit at other times when it was deserved (ie when it works...they will never say it is fun to watch tho).

The truth hurts guys. Your average fan wants a different product than the one we currently offer. They will accept any offense if you win with it.

stingem103

Georgia Tech Fan
Let’s look at the flip side: if Georgia was scuffling along, would they stop talking about the Dogs?

They would be demanding a new head coach if that type of record was occurring....if it happened over a longer period of time people would have different expectations at UGA....the expectations right now are at an all time high. In 2009 GT was given a lot of love...I remember it well before the loss to a very mediocre UGA team. 2014 UGA and GT were pretty good so we def got ignored to a degree that year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All of media...whether it is radio, TV, internet, etc ect....is all about getting attention in an enormously crowded universe. The formula that has been found to work...in all mediums (unfortunately) is to spew things that cause anger as a reaction. Somehow that gets you more views, click, listeners, etc.

Sad but true.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just. Win.

And. They. Will. Come.

Uga is a good story because its simple.

EXCELLENCE
DEMAND IT
Had a winning coach and fired him because he couldn't beat Ala.
ACTION TO ACHIEVE IT
Hired the top assistant from Alabama.
LOYALITY TO ACHIEVE IT
Had great year where top PRO prospects came back for senior year.
RECRUIT TO ACHIEVE IT
This recruiting class they have 8 of the top 32 in nation.
SO FAR WINNING BIGLY.

Thus simple story line iij s made radio.

Our story is too complicated until like Navy says- we start winning.

AS TO UGA- THE GAPPY PHASE WILL SOON END

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I stream sports talk at work. The majority of the time it is a D.C. station. I tune into Atlanta (92.9,I think) & Charlotte (WFNZ) for something different every now & then.

Sports talk radio is a product "consumed" so, like any other product, what you want/like really comes down to tastes. My opinion... on those 3 stations, as objectively as I can get as a "fan"... the 92.9 product is terrible. Barely any substance. Extremely shallow analysis. And like any media service these days... obviously trying to stir the listener into emotional fury (whether appealing as a true homer OR antagonizing a fan base... both get people engaged)

When they're talking about not talking about Tech... they're talking about Tech.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I stream sports talk at work. The majority of the time it is a D.C. station. I tune into Atlanta (92.9,I think) & Charlotte (WFNZ) for something different every now & then.

Sports talk radio is a product "consumed" so, like any other product, what you want/like really comes down to tastes. My opinion... on those 3 stations, as objectively as I can get as a "fan"... the 92.9 product is terrible. Barely any substance. Extremely shallow analysis. And like any media service these days... obviously trying to stir the listener into emotional fury (whether appealing as a true homer OR antagonizing a fan base... both get people engaged)
104.5 The Zone in Nashville,990 WNML The Sports Animal in Knoxville and Fox Sports WKGN 1340 in Knoxville are pretty good sports talk stations;)