Duke

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In post-game presser, CDH was asked about pitching tomorrow. Would not name a starter. Sounded like he had not decided between Hurter or English. Seemed certain both would pitch. To me... that means he wants both to pitch; but neither to pitch a bunch. Mentioned both Winborne & Carpenter were rested & likely would be first out of pen behind English/Hurter.

He commented that it's very important to win tomorrow's game to get to .500 in ACC.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the leash for CT got longer. But we don't want him to be tired for the ACC Tourney ......
If we had 3 or 4 pitchers just like CT we would go very deep in the Acc tourney possibly win it,very good pitcher for us and he's from my alma mater but Wow he's good I expect him next year to be our prime ace

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I don't recall us coming back from a 3 run deficit all year? How about yall. Good sign. Heard that coming into the game (or maybe after the first one) X had given up 15 HRs on the year. That's a lot. Jim Pool(e)? had really insightful commentary on the part of the game i listened to.
I don't recall us coming back from a 3 run deficit all year? How about yall. Good sign.

(Worked once, why not try again?)

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This is going to going to be a tough one today. Duke bullpen's best are rested and waiting for us. There always seems to be a letdown for the home team after winning the first two. Since we need it so bad, hopefully the bats stay hot and we find a way to sweep. Things are lining up well if we can get this one as Conner Thomas vs uNC is winnable. Just win today and then a couple away from home! Trying to find my #fredoptimism

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, given that our pitching staff has yielded 6 and 7 runs to Duke in the first two games, and that our best have been burned so it is likely we will give up a bit more than that today, it looks to me like we'll need at least 9 runs to win. Of course, baseball is a weird game and not logical at all, so today will probably be a 2-1 game.

Bottom line....whoo knows?

I will say that I expected this team to collapse, and they have rallied to provide at least some hope and #fredoptimism, so I have to tip my hat to the guys and say "I was wrong" (happy I was wrong, too!)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
In this pre-game interview, CDH says Hurter will start. Rationale: Hurter more rested. Hopes to get 5IP out of him. Feels like English is good for 3IP. Then others ready/rested are Winborne & Carpenter for sure...with Datoc probably good for action too.

Deleted member 2897

Am I reading this right that in the first inning we walked 1 batter and hit 2 other batters? It’s like we didn’t warm up before the game.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody else watching the game notice how bad our grass looks?? We use to always have the best looking field around

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Given who Hall decided to pitch in this game (e.g., NOT pitching English) he must have decided to concede the game. He probably thinks we have already punched our ticket into the NCAA's.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
If you planning to pitch English, I don't understand not starting him. With him DH'ing, it seems he can totally prepare to start the day and get 1 inning under his belt without an AB. Makes me think there's more to that soreness issue. I certainly hope not.