Duke

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Final series of the regular season at Russ Chandler. Duke is a Top 4 team in the ACC. Ga Tech is 1-8 against the other 3 top 4 teams (all on road): UNC, Clemson, NCST. The major difference here is Duke will travel to Atlanta for this one. Ga Tech is 9-3 at home in ACC play. So...something has to give. Tech wins a series against a top-tier ACC opponent continuing their success at home this season OR they fall flat and fail to compete against a Top 10 team.

PSA... this series is Thurs, Fri, Sat.

CDH noted in the SEMO post-game that NCAA rules dictate the team must take today (Wed) off. Additionally, he has no plans to mess with starting pitching rotation (like some teams do) in preparation for the ACCT. Definitely expect Curry and Thomas on Thurs and Fri, respectfully. He did not commit on English for Saturday....said we'll see "how he feels Thursday"... and go from there.

I consider this series very important for several reasons.
- Confidence heading into the ACCT.
- Just general "feel good" factor for ending the regular season.
- I think @GTNavyNuke figure this out and posted on another thread... but one more win (this weekend or in ACCT) gets the team to a 30-win season and will ensure a better than .500 final record.

Just win! Go Jackets!

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I may get the chance to go see Connor Thomas pitch. That should be a good competitive game (if our coaching doesn't mess it up).
Oh,come on man.Give the team a little support and forget getting rid of Coach Hall. It ain't gonna happen!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Are you Danny hall? Man why don't you give it a break? Danny should be out after this year and we all know it
LOL... he's not the one who won't give it a break. He can speak for himself..but I'm betting he, like me... believes all the get rid of CDH talk is generally futile because he's under contract for several more years in a non-rev sport. His departure is not likely before the contract ends.

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we all know Hall is here for the rest of his contract, but that sure as hell doesn't make it right. Six straight non-winning ACC seasons should get anybody canned who makes as much as Hall does. Tech cans the volleyball coach & softball coach, both non-revenue sports. So how does Hall get a pass? Is he some sort of deity because he won 1000 games? Would it be heartless to can him because his sons are on the team? CPJ let Roof go. It was a business decision. It is a waste of energy to talk of firing Hall cause it isn't gonna happen. It is still nauseating & highly political however that he still has a job. And let me be very frank. I know two dads very well whose kids START at Tech that despise Hall and have ZERO respect for his coaching ability.

markysparky

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you Danny hall? Man why don't you give it a break? Danny should be out after this year and we all know it
Same song, different day by @65Jacket. I said it a year ago and I will say it again - he either has a personal connection to CDH and/or his sons. In fact, he would rather we not have any discussion of the matter. "Move along folks, nothing to see here".

There are few things more dangerous than ignorance than being oblivious to your own personal biases.

@Gold1 - I couldn't agree more. This program needs a course correction before it's too late. Hopefully administration has the fortitude to do what is right and not what feels good.

Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Back to the games ..... weather is going to stink. A lot of rain on and off. Hopefully get all three games in and get a sweep.

Our RPI is 54 this morning. A win gets us 33 RPI impact points and a loss loses us 20 impact points. We aren't looking to move up that much even with a win. Duke has an RPI of 15 and we're at home is probably why. A sweep could maybe get us to 40th??

My guess, we play 2 and win 1....... X has been struggling the last month since his complete game masterpiece. Hope he can re-channel that today and for our first ACC game.

@FredJacket - could you redo all of your ACC ranking projections for a 2 game series? {Just kidding!!}

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Back to the games ..... weather is going to stink. A lot of rain on and off. Hopefully get all three games in and get a sweep.

Our RPI is 54 this morning. A win gets us 33 RPI impact points and a loss loses us 20 impact points. We aren't looking to move up that much even with a win. Duke has an RPI of 15 and we're at home is probably why. A sweep could maybe get us to 40th??

My guess, we play 2 and win 1....... X has been struggling the last month since his complete game masterpiece. Hope he can re-channel that today and for our first ACC game.

@FredJacket - could you redo all of your ACC ranking projections for a 2 game series? {Just kidding!!}
A good/simple way to think about rainouts (cancellations...more specifically). The games we are going to win...need to be played. The ones we're going to lose, need to be cancelled. Simple, right?

Deleted member 2897

Final series of the regular season at Russ Chandler. Duke is a Top 4 team in the ACC. Ga Tech is 1-8 against the other 3 top 4 teams (all on road): UNC, Clemson, NCST. The major difference here is Duke will travel to Atlanta for this one. Ga Tech is 9-3 at home in ACC play. So...something has to give. Tech wins a series against a top-tier ACC opponent continuing their success at home this season OR they fall flat and fail to compete against a Top 10 team.

PSA... this series is Thurs, Fri, Sat.

CDH noted in the SEMO post-game that NCAA rules dictate the team must take today (Wed) off. Additionally, he has no plans to mess with starting pitching rotation (like some teams do) in preparation for the ACCT. Definitely expect Curry and Thomas on Thurs and Fri, respectfully. He did not commit on English for Saturday....said we'll see "how he feels Thursday"... and go from there.

I consider this series very important for several reasons.
- Confidence heading into the ACCT.
- Just general "feel good" factor for ending the regular season.
- I think @GTNavyNuke figure this out and posted on another thread... but one more win (this weekend or in ACCT) gets the team to a 30-win season and will ensure a better than .500 final record.

Just win! Go Jackets!

As much as I'm trying to retain my Fredoptimism, our performance in every game against Radford left much to be desired. Our performance in every game against Virginia left much to be desired. Our performance against SEMO left much to be desired. That's quite a long streak we're in without much inspiring play...other than with some of our starting pitching.

Duke just took 2 of 3 against UNCheat, so they are the real deal. I rubbed my genie lamp last week and only used 1 wish up (I asked for a win in the opening game of the Virginia series) and it didn't work. I'm using BOTH of my remaining wishes for us to win in the opening game against Duke. Maybe the genie is just hard of hearing and I need to ask twice.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
As much as I'm trying to retain my Fredoptimism, our performance in every game against Radford left much to be desired. Our performance in every game against Virginia left much to be desired. Our performance against SEMO left much to be desired. That's quite a long streak we're in without much inspiring play...other than with some of our starting pitching.

Duke just took 2 of 3 against UNCheat, so they are the real deal. I rubbed my genie lamp last week and only used 1 wish up (I asked for a win in the opening game of the Virginia series) and it didn't work. I'm using BOTH of my remaining wishes for us to win in the opening game against Duke. Maybe the genie is just hard of hearing and I need to ask twice.
Yep. Concur. It's been a frustrating last half of year (post-FSU). More on that some other time (maybe).

For now... each win in this last week or so will be a nice little something to enjoy. I'll try to also enjoy some individual/group stuff.
- Bart's push to win some individual awards & solidify his draft stock.
- Connor Thomas rolling along like a consistent "ace" & throwing strike after strike after strike. It's so cool to watch.
- Senior day (Saturday?). It ALWAYS is a very cool thing to recognize, celebrate/congratulate the end of these guys' college baseball careers. They deserve (& get) my respect for the sacrifices they & their families have made to play a game at a quality institution for little more than loving it (the game) & each other.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yep. Concur. It's been a frustrating last half of year (post-FSU). More on that some other time (maybe).

For now... each win in this last week or so will be a nice little something to enjoy. I'll try to also enjoy some individual/group stuff.
- Bart's push to win some individual awards & solidify his draft stock.
- Connor Thomas rolling along like a consistent "ace" & throwing strike after strike after strike. It's so cool to watch.
- Senior day (Saturday?). It ALWAYS is a very cool thing to recognize, celebrate/congratulate the end of these guys' college baseball careers. They deserve (& get) my respect for the sacrifices they & their families have made to play a game at a quality institution for little more than loving it (the game) & each other.

Yup, love that optimism. It's just a game and what is important are the students who are playing it. I'm over this baseball season and starting to think about football.

Any games past 2 in the ACC tourney are icing on the cake.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
Just got a look at the grass at the stadium. I think I remember at one time we had the best turf. Any idea what has happened?