Duke Series

ScGold

Banned
One guy has won 5 ACC Championships, the other guys hasn’t won **** at any level. There’s that.
One guy has 20 plus years and one has 3 at tech. Did Danny inherit a national power and collins inherited a triple option offense with no defense to support the offense. Yeah that is a fair comparison?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
One guy has 20 plus years and one has 3 at tech. Did Danny inherit a national power and collins inherited a triple option offense with no defense to support the offense. Yeah that is a fair comparison?
You're killing me. How is this going to end in your mind? Collins surpasses Hall (in some crazy metric) as a GT coaching legend.

It's a ridiculous apples & oranges discussion. Lol.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
One has engineered historical futility in 3 years, the worst head coaching record in over 100 years. You can argue maybe someone else besides Danny Hall wins Regionals and Super Regionals at GT, maybe wins a CWS but to compare him to someone that has not won anything and has the most disorganized sideline I've ever seen in over 4 decades of GT sports even Hewitt is really a stretch. He's not even Brian Gregory oor Bill Lewis good. We're all pissed Beesball has the record it has right now, but this team competes and has a chance to win every game regardless of the score and inning.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I think he should’ve retired 4-5 years ago. I don’t expect everyone to agree with me but we’ve been treading water overall for a bit now and think we’ve squandered what some years could’ve been.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
Question, because I don't know what I don't know. Was our PC a teacher of how to best throw a pitch, such as helping a pitcher develop a change up, or how to get more sink on a pitch, etc. Or was he teaching them how to best use what they had to get outs while still working on tilt, and spin rates, and such. Seems to me in the lower levels of pro ball results are maybe not as important as development of pitches. Don't think I'm wording this very well, and not trying to question a coach who has forgot more than I'll ever know about pitching, but results have been, what's a good word, ......Questionable maybe?

ScGold

Banned
One has engineered historical futility in 3 years, the worst head coaching record in over 100 years. You can argue maybe someone else besides Danny Hall wins Regionals and Super Regionals at GT, maybe wins a CWS but to compare him to someone that has not won anything and has the most disorganized sideline I've ever seen in over 4 decades of GT sports even Hewitt is really a stretch. He's not even Brian Gregory oor Bill Lewis good. We're all pissed Beesball has the record it has right now, but this team competes and has a chance to win every game regardless of the score and inning.
U are reading my reply to Nuke. Ur missing the entire content between nuke and myself. Anything danny has accomplished is because Coach Morris had laid a tremendous foundarion. Paul left Ge Off a pile of $hit.

rodandanga

Jolly Good Fellow
1650844375761.png

Just Awful

ScGold

Banned
You're killing me. How is this going to end in your mind? Collins surpasses Hall (in some crazy metric) as a GT coaching legend.

It's a ridiculous apples & oranges discussion. Lol.
Again ur reading a reply to another comment from nuke. It is like this know the whole story before commenting.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
One guy has won 5 ACC Championships, the other guys hasn’t won **** at any level. There’s that.
And I forget all of Hall’s accomplishments but wasn’t he ACC coach of the year multiple times? His winning percentage is certainly impressive. No, anyone putting Collins and Hall in the same category isn’t really having a serious conversation, just trolling.

ScGold

Banned
And I forget all of Hall’s accomplishments but wasn’t he ACC coach of the year multiple times? His winning percentage is certainly impressive. No, anyone putting Collins and Hall in the same category isn’t really having a serious conversation, just trolling.
You are reading half of a conversation. I really don't owe an explanation, but that is it. Damn Danny has a fan club ready to fight for him. How does his *** taste? I bet u know. Troll that.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
You are reading half of a conversation. I really don't owe an explanation, but that is it. Damn Danny has a fan club ready to fight for him. How does his *** taste? I bet u know. Troll that.
I recommend less alcohol and more roughage in your diet. You’ll feel better.😊

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The man's 68 and this is likely his past year. Maybe he's not quite as good as he was 10 years ago when he was 58, but better to have been good and eventually lost some of your edge as the years passed you by than to never have had it at all.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, now the Collins discussions have entered the baseball board too. We really can’t have nice things

ScGold

Banned
The man's 68 and this is likely his past year. Maybe he's not quite as good as he was 10 years ago when he was 58, but better to have been good and eventually lost some of your edge as the years passed you by than to never have had it at all.
Why are trying so hard to defend danny hall? Why do you care how i feel about a overrated has been? Danny again did build tech baseball. Lost his edge is the only real honest thing you wrote. I bet you watch sequels all day and still hope they end differently.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Why are trying so hard to defend danny hall? Why do you care how i feel about a overrated has been? Danny again did build tech baseball. Lost his edge is the only real honest thing you wrote. I bet you watch sequels all day and still hope they end differently.
I’m sorry I hurt your feelings.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Dammit boys, It ain’t all on CDH. Like him , hate him , or in between he has had GT relevant for 25 years. Name another GT coach that has done that. I’m sure it’s his last year, y’all just may wish we had him back for the next 25.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
Let me expand on that last post. This is for sure a disappointing year, as has been a handful of others. Having said that, who knows what lies ahead. CDH record speaks for itself, he is not the only coach that has never won the big one who is an all time great coach, and that includes all sports. He has represented the institution with class for his entire career and GT baseball is fortunate to have had him. I also utter the damn Danny’s, and the coach is ultimately the man to take the blame, and I’m sure he say the same