Duke Series

ScGold

Banned
I can't give up hoping and lower my expectations for baseball like I have for football. May is the month that matters for seeding. We have the pieces to make a run IMHO.

I don't think DH has given up, he brought in DBo and has changed how quickly pitchers are pulled. Our recruit Perfect Game pitcher rankings are higher than past years and if we don't see lower ERA results next year, then I too will give up. But not till then.

Going 0-10 in advancing in our last NCAA tourney series has tried that hope many times. I'm trying to remain a happy fool.
So collins gets 3 years and danny gets eternity? I see. Very interesting. U kin to danny? Curious that is all.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So collins gets 3 years and danny gets eternity? I see. Very interesting. U kin to danny? Curious that is all.

Not kin that I know of. For sure not on my Mom's side, but her side did trace back to the Pittsburgh area. On my Dad's side, all the record pre Civil War / War of Northern Aggression were lost. They were on the losing side and trace to Savannah which was a convict enclave. So maybe. Never talked to DH.

Hall has proven himself in his ability to develop a good program, mostly by great recruiting IMHO. I have been critical of him in years pst if you look back. But I've seen changes in his style that I think help. Of course, mine is an unqualified opinion. (Collins is on my self imposed ban commenting list. There is enough negativity over there.)

BTW, I hope to be in chat later today. Just a few more chores to do. And more during the game.

ScGold

Banned
Not kin that I know of. For sure not on my Mom's side, but her side did trace back to the Pittsburgh area. On my Dad's side, all the record pre Civil War / War of Northern Aggression were lost. They were on the losing side and trace to Savannah which was a convict enclave. So maybe. Never talked to DH.

Hall has proven himself in his ability to develop a good program, mostly by great recruiting IMHO. I have been critical of him in years pst if you look back. But I've seen changes in his style that I think help. Of course, mine is an unqualified opinion. (Collins is on my self imposed ban commenting list. There is enough negativity over there.)

BTW, I hope to be in chat later today. Just a few more chores to do. And more during the game.
Interesting family tree no doubt. I applaud ur relentless efforts in supporting danny hall, but i can't follow someone who continues to end season after season with laughable excuses why he failed again. I will hope for the best, but expect the normal outcome. I can only ask why u have given up on Collins so quick? He did change staff quickly to save his arse. It took danny 20 years to act and he is still not getting it right.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure on the tweet thing? Collins is a master self promoter.
As far as I know Hall has zero tweets out there. 🙂

I have a feeling there is a pretty large group of silent (for whatever reason) GT Baseball fans who agree with you. Your set of facts are what they are.

I was not long ago a pretty big apologist for Hall. I'll still defend him to the extent I do not believe anyone else (or group of anybody elses) over the last 30 years would have certainly done better. I'll take being relevant every year over the risk of less. Another poster did an excellent job laying out how unforgiving post season college baseball can be. I'm of that same opinion too.

ScGold

Banned
As far as I know Hall has zero tweets out there. 🙂

I have a feeling there is a pretty large group of silent (for whatever reason) GT Baseball fans who agree with you. Your set of facts are what they are.

I was not long ago a pretty big apologist for Hall. I'll still defend him to the extent I do not believe anyone else (or group of anybody elses) over the last 30 years would have certainly done better. I'll take being relevant every year over the risk of less. Another poster did an excellent job laying out how unforgiving post season college baseball can be. I'm of that same opinion too.
Are u watching the game now? If not i will let u know 3-0 duke top of 1st. Sorry 6-0 another duke hr. Yeah danny has it together.

ScGold

Banned
Dike baseball has gone more super regionals appearances in the last 5 years than Tech. Fred u mentioned being relevant. Beside you and me who is tech baseball relevant to right now?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Dike baseball has gone more super regionals appearances in the last 5 years than Tech. Fred u mentioned being relevant. Beside you and me who is tech baseball relevant to right now?
Good question. Relevant to me is consistently being in top half of ACC & making the post season. Probably a lower bar than you'd define it.

Coach Pollard has done a great job at Duke. Has nothing to do with Ga Tech.

ScGold

Banned
Good question. Relevant to me is consistently being in top half of ACC & making the post season. Probably a lower bar than you'd define it.

Coach Pollard has done a great job at Duke. Has nothing to do with Ga Tech.
Has everything to do with tech. He has twice gone to a super in 5 years. Duke baseball was the definition of irrelevant. He is shining a bright light on the inadequacy of danny hall. Danny was given the key to Porsche and turned it into a a ice cream truck.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Losing brings out the hottest of takes.

Monte Lee says hello.

We can go round & round working our narratives. We can agree to disagree. Fact is... we don't totally disagree.

It's a matter of would someone different had better outcomes. I am not so sure. Odds are things would have been worse. Others seem to believe no way it could be worse. I say it could be way worse. See Ga Tech revenue sports.