Duke Series

ScGold

Banned
Losing brings out the hottest of takes.

Monte Lee says hello.

We can go round & round working our narratives. We can agree to disagree. Fact is... we don't totally disagree.

It's a matter of would someone different had better outcomes. I am not so sure. Odds are things would have been worse. Others seem to believe no way it could be worse. I say it could be way worse. See Ga Tech revenue sports.
U keep using the qiestion who would have done better is fools gold. Dumb argument. We can only judge the here and now and the now is $hitty and the past is underachievement.

GtBaseball3

Jolly Good Fellow
I swear there better be OPEN tryouts on Monday for the pitching rotation. This is a absolutely embarrassing! Borrell and DH should be ashamed with the talent they have! Also, if Ramsey doesn’t become HC next year we’re are in SERIOUS TROUBLE!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting family tree no doubt. I applaud ur relentless efforts in supporting danny hall, but i can't follow someone who continues to end season after season with laughable excuses why he failed again. I will hope for the best, but expect the normal outcome. I can only ask why u have given up on Collins so quick? He did change staff quickly to save his arse. It took danny 20 years to act and he is still not getting it right.

I've given up on Collins since he's never done anything but talk a good game. Yes he changed the staff to save his arse this year, but that only works once. We can't afford to fire him or keep him.

Although it didn't age well with the abysmal pitching today, I won't give up today. Maybe next year, but not today.

The O and D were good today. We just lost a home series to an ACC cellar dweller. No excuses, we pitched bad.

But it is an interesting family tree. Mother's side had lots of Westinghouse money and descended from Wordsworth and Churchill. But she lost it all when she married my father, a Coast Guard officer. C'est la vie.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't understand where the disconnect is. We have a pitching coach with an outstanding pedigree. We have all the technology in the world that they brag about to help with the pitchers. We have a staff loaded with highly ranked prospects. Yet we have without a doubt the worst season pitching performance I have seen us have in the nearly 30 years I've followed GT baseball.

In a way, I have kind of a similar sick feeling that I had when Auburn hit the walk off to beat us in the 2019 regional. I knew then that we had such a talented team and had probably now wasted that talent and our best chance for a Omaha run in years. Now, we have a historically great offense that also could make a great run but it's being wasted because of historically bad pitching.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I just don't understand where the disconnect is. We have a pitching coach with an outstanding pedigree. We have all the technology in the world that they brag about to help with the pitchers. We have a staff loaded with highly ranked prospects. Yet we have without a doubt the worst season pitching performance I have seen us have in the nearly 30 years I've followed GT baseball.

In a way, I have kind of a similar sick feeling that I had when Auburn hit the walk off to beat us in the 2019 regional. I knew then that we had such a talented team and had probably now wasted that talent and our best chance for a Omaha run in years. Now, we have a historically great offense that also could make a great run but it's being wasted because of historically bad pitching.
Infuriating. Maxwell was pitching great, then wham a strike called a ball, a couple seeing eye hits and a HR.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

Feels like a zero sum deal.... been happening for years. The better offense .... the worse the pitching. I'm baffled too.

Sometimes you just throw up hands & say we can't have nice things.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow

The 2019 team had great chemistry, and overcame some key injuries to the pitching staff. That team was definitely special, and heart wrenching. Coulda , shoulda, woulda ??

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I'm with you. I'll never watch the end of that Auburn game. Walked around the house and occasionally heard the Auburn crowd cheering. Soul crushing.

But the season isn't over. Have a little faith, you ain't a beauty but you're all right. We ain't that young anymore.

ScGold

Banned
One guy has won 5 ACC Championships, the other guys hasn’t won **** at any level. There’s that.
Collins followed pawl and the fball program was in decline. Hall inherited a established national power. Little different.