Duke Series

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It's never as good as it seems. It's never as bad as it seems. But last night we put it all together and it was damn good.

Regardless, we have 4 ACC series left. Since Chandler returned and I started introducing the weekend series two weeks ago, we are 2-0. The reader can make their own conclusions.

Duke has been bipolar. Working backwards, swept ND last weekend, was swept @Wake and versus Miami, lost series to @FSU and UNC. The last weekend sweep of ND gave them lots of good press, mostly along the lines of Duke is finally showing up after being rated 23 to start the season and second behind us in Coastal. Shows the accuracy of prognostications.

On paper we should win the series (like ND should have). Duke has been uniformly disappointing this year; we need to keep it that way.

1650485538593.png

1650485142535.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It's never as good as it seems. It's never as bad as it seems. But last night we put it all together and it was damn good.

Regardless, we have 4 ACC series left. Since Chandler returned and I started introducing the weekend series two weeks ago, we are 2-0. The reader can make their own conclusions.

Duke has been bipolar. Working backwards, swept ND last weekend, was swept @Wake and versus Miami, lost series to @FSU and UNC. The last weekend sweep of ND gave them lots of good press, mostly along the lines of Duke is finally showing up after being rated 23 to start the season and second behind us in Coastal. Shows the accuracy of prognostications.

On paper we should win the series (like ND should have). Duke has been uniformly disappointing this year; we need to keep it that way.

View attachment 12362

View attachment 12361
You put the simp in Simpson

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
However, perhaps my favorite pitchers' duel was Buck Farmer vs. Marcus Strohman. Legendary.
I agree GT Bravo. I watched that one online, and my primary thought most of the game was "How the **** is anyone supposed to hit that????" From both pitchers.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Per Duke's Game Notes. Huff-Medich-Grissom

Sad we don't have our own game notes out yet (@1920 4/21). https://ramblinwreck.com/2022-baseball-game-notes/

But like Medich. He pitched well Tuesday. Just keep rotating with a quick hook till you find the best pitchers. Just because a guy doesn't pitch well recently doesn't mean he never will again; but the team should come before personal development (and I think it is).

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Per Duke's Game Notes. Huff-Medich-Grissom

Great to see Medich get the opportunity - well deserved. And as bad as the staff has been this season, Medich has bucked that trend and shown tremendous improvement since last season. I was there Tuesday and thought he was the best pitcher that night too. He's coming in with high confidence and that doesn't suck...!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well our notes are out.

Duke pitching ERA not as good as I would have thought. Sun is TBD. Never as good sign for the pitching team as we know.

The big stat missing is we have scored 368 runs (38 runs) and Duke has scored 201 runs (37 games). Cave man offense. Play good defense and pitch well (ERA <4) and we win the series.

1650623100007.png

How many pitches will Medich go? High 68 but two mid-week starts 49 & 41.

1650623699292.png

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Well our notes are out.

Duke pitching ERA not as good as I would have thought. Sun is TBD. Never as good sign for the pitching team as we know.

The big stat missing is we have scored 368 runs (38 runs) and Duke has scored 201 runs (37 games). Cave man offense. Play good defense and pitch well (ERA <4) and we win the series.

View attachment 12366

How many pitches will Medich go? High 68 but two mid-week starts 49 & 41.

View attachment 12367
I don't think the two low pitch counts in midweek starts are a great indicator. We've often used those games to test a lot of pitchers out, not see how long a guy can go.

Otherwise, I'm with you. If we can avoid the big inning, where everything seems to snowball, I like us to take the series. Of course, they did just sweep ND...

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I am very hopeful about this series. I HATE it when I get this hopeful. We usually do something to disappoint me. Let's just sweep and start rolling.
Yea, this one seems like a good chance for a sweep, but every time I feel that way, we tend to come out flat.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yea, this one seems like a good chance for a sweep, but every time I feel that way, we tend to come out flat.
Yeah, I was thinking sweep as well. But just like when I get on a good run in poker and start feeling good and overconfident, I get crushed.