Duke Postgame

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Defense came to play except 4th down play. Offense looked out of sync, and special teams gave up 12 points.
Disappointed is an understatement. I hope at least the O can improve, if not it will be a long season.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
its easy to get down after a loss but I think we need a little perspective here

1) we had the highest preseason ranking and the most preseason press/respect we've had in a looong time
2) we're STILL the preseason coastal division champs- NOONE can take that away from us. NOONE!
3) We're undefeated at home
4) we only have one nonconference loss
5) we only have ONE conference loss
6) the lower were ranked, the more painful it will be when we beat UGA and spoil their natty run
7) we have an explosive garbage time offense
8) if we lose out, we'll get the top pick in the supplemental draft next year

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We didn't deserve 1 and 2, this only makes us look worse not capitalizing on 1 and staying in the top 25.

Scubapro

Banned
I am at a loss at the play of our Offensive line....have they all lost their mind or was Shaq such a leader that they cant function with out him?
I would bench all of them.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
CPJ -" Justin gets frustrated... "

Ends up hurting team sometimes.

Basically, missed assignments continue to hurt team.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Right now the only teams I think we have a decent chance of beating are UVA and Pitt. I hope they can turn it around, but this offense is operating incredibly poorly, worse than Vad in 2013. Unless something changes, this is the year to end the bowl streak. We just aren't executing on offense- so many missed blocks. We also don't have the receivers who can get separation and bail us out. I'd put as at around ~#50 nationally on O right now.

If the defense wasn't playing at around ~#30 we'd have been utterly blown out by Duke and ND. The D is hiding how poor this team is. I really hope CPJ can get this sorted, because we're literally better running 4 verts than trying to execute a rushing attack.

Carober18

Georgia Tech Fan
The offense is un-watchable at this point. It was a testament to how lacking in talent Duke is that GT scored as many points as it did. Even the TD pass, Thomas was heaving it to Stewart only to have Jeaune run into the path. Do I think they are terrible? I have no idea. But, I can tell you it is terrible to watch in every way at this point.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
One more note, it really is gut check time for this team. The offense has carried us for many years, but it is struggling at present.
Our special teams lost us this game. We got the fg team right but two big returns and a bad snap killed us.