Duke Postgame

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
its easy to get down after a loss but I think we need a little perspective here

1) we had the highest preseason ranking and the most preseason press/respect we've had in a looong time
2) we're STILL the preseason coastal division champs- NOONE can take that away from us. NOONE!
3) We're undefeated at home
4) we only have one nonconference loss
5) we only have ONE conference loss
6) the lower were ranked, the more painful it will be when we beat UGA and spoil their natty run
7) we have an explosive garbage time offense
8) if we lose out, we'll get the top pick in the supplemental draft next year

You made me lol with the satire even though I tend to have optimistic leanings. Good one ;)

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, I'm afraid that would confirm lots of people's suspicions but still...painful to hear.

You could probably make a case in cpj defense though.

I've got no problem with that. The guys need to learn to execute those plays before even thinking about another play. If they can't execute those plays, we're not going to win anyway. Running 4 verts the whole time only really works in NCAA14.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That would not surprise me at all. Explains a lot actually.

Frankly, the last two games on offense have reminded me of the way our defenses used to play under Jon Tenuta. You always knew what we were going got do under Tenuta. In a game of rock-paper-scissors, Tenuta was always ROCK. I mean, ALWAYS! Even if he knew you had him figured out, he would still call ROCK. Now, it is Johnson who will call ROCK. Always, every time. No matter what. Dive not working? ROCK! Run it again! Even on 4th and 2. Did that at least twice that I saw, and I missed half the game.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I want to know whether it's the players not knowing what to do or if they're simply incapable of doing it. I don't believe it's the latter, but I have no idea why it would be the former.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Duke beat us on the line of scrimmage, both sides of the ball. I think they wanted it more than our guys. It is actually pretty amazing we had a chance to win this game near the end. JT is a good quarterback but so far not a special player that can step up and win a game when you have to have it. I still love the Yellow Jackets but I don't think our guys are working hard enough on game day. Too many half-hearted attempts at blocking and tackling. We can win or lose every game on our schedule. We just have to have more effort and heart out of these guys or the losing will continue.

Go Jackets!

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
This is largely the same cast of characters from last year, though. I simply don't believe we're not talented enough to win.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
This is really bad football and it is not fun to watch. Need to get back to the basics on O because we are not good at anything currently.

This is the problem, though - we aren't even good at the basics. There are some very basic, fundamental things that our guys are doing incorrectly. If you listened to PJ's post-game on the radio he was so frustrated. I'm paraphrasing here, but he said, "We had a line call, and two guys did the right thing and 1 guy didn't."

That has happened two straight weeks (3, really, but we just out-talented Tulane).

As a fan I'm frustrated, but I'm sure its tons worse for the coaches. I hope we can get this figured out - I haven't given up on the season, yet ... but this could get out of hand quickly if the team doesn't rally.