Duke Postgame

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Defense pulled it together and gave up nothing in the 2nd half. Would have liked to see them get aggressive and stack the box from the start. Duke's offense poses no deep threat and that seemed obvious prior to this game.

Offense - dismal is an understatement. Ricky Jeune was a bright spot and may prove to be a threat.

Special teams, yikes. Handed Duke 13 points, conservatively.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Where do you even begin fixing this offense though, we seemed like an efficient team a few weeks ago now looks horrible

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Season not over, but this definitely took almost all of the wind out if the sails for me. I'll always support the team, but this game brings be back to the Gailey days.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm really disappointed in the STs. We hired Rychleski(sp?) for this?

I dont get why we play so many backups on st. I know you cant always play the starters. But maybe more of a mix. I saw alot of walkons on st today playing on kickoff team and true freshman. That is not how you make a living on st

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Well we know that the team was sure over hyped, can CPJ fix this though. We know his offense works when executed correctly with the right players. I'm not jumping off the bandwagon just yet, but man this team just got exposed badly today. No way this team deserves to be in the top 25 or a bowl continder in its current state.

Was that extension worth it Mbob ???? Nope! Should have just gave pay raises and not the extension. I think ND expose some weakness to our skill guys and it will be a long season. I think we make it to a bowl but I expect some very very long games ahead of us.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Is it me or can we just not "get going down hill" in offense with any regularity?
Guess that's caused by missed assignments and of course the other team.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Most disappointing aspect, aside from special teams, was that Duke (?!) appeared to be more physical and stronger than Tech.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hopefully we will stay get some votes for Top 25, but don't expect to be in the Top 25 again unless we rack up about 5 or 6 wins in a row.