Duke Postgame

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I think I'm to blame. I bought a GT flag 2 weeks ago and hung it outside my house the last 2 weeks now. And both weeks we look like $hit. No flag next Saturday!

I know that feeling...I just realized my flask has been filled with a different brand of bourbon this season—it was a gift—and I'm sure that has contributed some bad ju-lu on the last two game days. Rest assured that I will be working hard this evening to drain the last drop of that accursed variety, and will make sure that the Flask of Good Fortunes is properly topped off with the correct brand of bourbon next weekend...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cry me a river. It's a sports message board. Not my workplace. You grow up thinking you're holier than thou by bossing people around on a MESSAGE BOARD. Get outta here with that crap.

here's a friendly tip for you. There ARE other Gt message boards out there for people of your maturity level and intellect. Boards that think juvenile remarks and crude language are amusing . This isn't one of them. Google can be your friend.

JKMSJ

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that we have been "out executed" more so than "out schemed". JMO
If that is the case PJ better find an offensive scheme that his team can execute really soon. I just find it hard to believe that our veteran O-line has forgotten how to execute PJ's offensive scheme. I understand the problems the young skill guys have but it is not there fault JT was running for his life today against Duke. You can have the best scheme in the world but it is useless if YOUR team can't execute it.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
The defense gave us every chance to win. I was worried going into the season about our backs and WRs and this needs to get sorted out. Defenses are going to keep playing us like this until we have an answer. Yes, the OL does not look great but you cannot expect them to hold back 8 guys every play. CPJ is going to have to start dialing up some quick passes on the edge or slants to Jeune. We also have to hit the edges quicker at A back and the blocking at A back and WR needs to improve. I think Skov is trying but I am not sure he is the answer at B back. Do not know why Marcus Allen had a good spring and then ends up on third string. He seems to have better vision to get down field when he is running the ball. CPJ has a lot of work cut out for him. We may very well not have the personnel to work with as he keeps alluding to about the "younger guys", but he is going to have to try to figure something out maybe with a couple of different formations, some different wrinkles on play calling, and really figuring which players need to be out there...right now I do not see anyone on Offense that has 1st string sewed up. And special teams...that's a whole other story. Could be a long season guys.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
If that is the case PJ better find an offensive scheme that his team can execute really soon. I just find it hard to believe that our veteran O-line has forgotten how to execute PJ's offensive scheme. I understand the problems the young skill guys have but it is not there fault JT was running for his life today against Duke. You can have the best scheme in the world but it is useless if YOUR team can't execute it.

CPJ agrees with you!!! He'll tell you they (o-line) need to improve AND will also point out that we have a lot of guys playing there first season with many just a year out of high school. The "big eyed" (comment from last week) players aren't executing on a regular basis.

"When we do it right we should have big plays" not just 4 or 5 yards.

albanyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently the football gods have decreed that CPJ can have a good offense or a good defense, but never both. Enjoy last year, folks.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
here's a friendly tip for you. There ARE other Gt message boards out there for people of your maturity level and intellect. Boards that think juvenile remarks and crude language are amusing . This isn't one of them. Google can be your friend.
You telling someone to leave a message board is extremely immature... Mind your own business man. Everyone thinks they are somebody on a message board. I called a guy out for being a baby and making dumb comments. Sure I could've used a less vulgar word, but I also don't know why everyone wigs out about that word. I didn't tell the guy to F himself or anything. I've been on this board for close to 3 years I think and I never cause problems, and I try to add quality comments to discussions, but someone just upset about a loss coming on here to bash the team in a passive aggressive tone really gets under my skin. It is a little hypocritical of you to tell me to go to another board and say I'm immature because of one word.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
On the 4th down play on next to last possession, the line judge should have thrown a flag for the Duke player lined up in the neutral zone. Not that he effected the play, but the penalty was "obvious". Also I'm not saying that'd we'd of scored on the possession to take the lead after getting the first down, but now we'll never know.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The only thing I learned was the team with the most points still wins . Need to get the blocking down fast. And we need to show up next week. I know no one likes unc but they do have a good offense.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Apparently the football gods have decreed that CPJ can have a good offense or a good defense, but never both. Enjoy last year, folks.

I think that you can replace CPJ with the phrase "Georgia Tech" in the above quote. After CBR left, we have been good on only one side of the ball at a time. This includes CGOL, CCG, and CPJ. I am exclding one coach on purpose. Coach Ross understood that you win with all 3 phases of the game, as did Coach Bobby Dodd.