Duke Postgame

LibertyTurns

Banned
I agree. I was on a flight today to San Antonio and talking football with my seat mate who is a Texas fan. He actually asked if Ga Tech was considering dropping down a division. I was stunned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should have asked him if it was hard to suck as bad as Texas living in a state filled with talent, phenomenal facilities and an enormous budget yet not even achieving the success GT has had the past 8-10 years.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone have Stansbuy's email address? They used to have them on the GTAA site, but I can't find.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Yep, the path to “into the ground” happened to go through 3 ACC title appearances, 1 ACC title, 2 ACC Coach of the Years, 3 wins over UGAg, 2 Orange Bowls, and 2 eleven-win seasons. So I guess you’re right, it took longer than you thought it would.

I learned during the Raycom sports intro that Terry Bowden won ACC coach of the year 2x

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
All the negative nancies will be over anything possibly negative, so I have nothing to add there.

The only thing I can say is I think we really miss having Lucas Johnson available. If he was our passing threat, he'd have seen action today. I hope we put together a package for this brand of defense, because I believe VT will do its best to bring the same (I am fairly sure Duke's defense is based on how VT played us early on).

Anree is a true baller. I hope my Steelers grab him =)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Being blown out twice at home is no bueno.

I’ve been supportive of Johnson, and to me he still has some leash left, but he’s running out. It’s one thing to lose; it’s entirely another to look like the offensive coaches took the week off. Yet another poor crowd, too, even for homecoming.

Those poor crowds might force Stansbury to act before he really wants to, like maybe at the end of this season. The fans have lost faith in CPJ, for the most part. Half full for Homecoming? That's unsustainable.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Those 3 turnovers were the Miami debacle all over again. You just can’t beat good teams when you give them gifts like that.

The D played well overall and I think is showing good improvement. ASA is balling and the best proof of how this scheme gets the most out of our talent. He’s honestly proving I was wrong in my assessment of his talent. He’s not just an ok player, he’s a baller.

Kicking game in pleased with the progression. Return and coverage games...ugh. That fumble was a killer.

On O....our run game is solid. But too hamstrung by our weak passing game. Duke at times was begging us to kill them with some slants imo but we appear incapable of taking advantage. We have to be able to pass better. I’m not calling for a QB change. The best guy in this moment in time is almost certainly our starter. But he does have some glaring weaknesses or we would be passing more in those situations I think.

Duke is a good team. Very good on D, okay on O. 2nd year in a row we are allowing some huge unforced errors to gift games away. We are the opposite of a “clutch” team recently.
Seems as if we’re always giving good teams gifts. We aren’t Louisville or FSU, for us to win we have to be fundamentally sound. Unless we get a lot better at recruiting we have to take care of the ball, force turnovers and don’t commit penalties. Kind of like Army and Navy does.

We have yet to look as well coached as the service academy’s usually do. I honestly believe Army and Navy would win more games than us this year. That’s with probably zero 3 stars on the team.

We are not a well coached team. We’re always hearing “going back to the basics” “simplifying things”. I mean damn, 5th year seniors who can graduate from Tech and we are always dumbing down football so they don’t look lost is ridiculous.

I thought our advantage was we could outsmart our opponents. We can’t even run a basic high school offense.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
What's happened to the GTAA?! Football, basketball and baseball stink and they all have an elitist attitude. I went to a 25 year reunion thing prior to the game where Peterson spoke...was not impressed. Think lots of changes will need to be made before we get good athletics again. "They" have created their own little club. Now we can't even contact Stansbury but people can call us from the GTAA to raise money for his campaign. I've had enough of GT athletics after supporting for many years.

buzzybee

Georgia Tech Fan
Apathy has set in...fans have heard the same thing for the last few years. Nothing is showing signs of changing.

ctcjb

Georgia Tech Fan
I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but I think CPJ has "lost a step" in his play calling. Certain plays are just lost forever:

- WR reverse - surely that could have slowed some pursuit today
- Smoke route - WRs have a 10+ yard cushion at times. I have a hard time believing TQM can't complete that pass.
- A-Back drag routes - If TQM is struggling, give him something easy like Qua or Lynch on a drag.
- Fake Rocket Toss, inside A back counter
- QB sweep with pulling G and T to the weak side.

I am sure there are others, too. Smoke Route and WR Reverse would keep the corners and safeties at least a little honest. I think we have run one smoke route this year and no WR reverse since 2016 (maybe?). Why??