Duke Postgame

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Being blown out twice at home is no bueno.

I’ve been supportive of Johnson, and to me he still has some leash left, but he’s running out. It’s one thing to lose; it’s entirely another to look like the offensive coaches took the week off. Yet another poor crowd, too, even for homecoming.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Well, for a long time die hard Tech fan, this is painful to watch. College football has changed so much in the last 10 years. I don't like all the changes. Huge recruiting budgets, all business. The NFL has the draft to somewhat level the field. NCAA has nothing. As an Institute we need to either be all in with nationwide recruiting, more non qualifiers or one " easier " major, huge recruiting budget , OR resign ourselves to being Wake Forest. Clemson changed years ago, Duke has changed recently, Syracuse is improving. VT will show us how far behind them we have fallen. UNC and UVA will bounce back, as will Louisville. We will be in a group with WF, BC, and possibly PITT. If we are satisfied with getting passed by others to maintain our schools' image and academic integrity, changing a head coach will be like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Well, for a long time die hard Tech fan, this is painful to watch. College football has changed so much in the last 10 years. I don't like all the changes. Huge recruiting budgets, all business. The NFL has the draft to somewhat level the field. NCAA has nothing. As an Institute we need to either be all in with nationwide recruiting, more non qualifiers or one " easier " major, huge recruiting budget , OR resign ourselves to being Wake Forest. Clemson changed years ago, Duke has changed recently, Syracuse is improving. VT will show us how far behind them we have fallen. UNC and UVA will bounce back, as will Louisville. We will be in a group with WF, BC, and possibly PITT. If we are satisfied with getting passed by others to maintain our schools' image and academic integrity, changing a head coach will be like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Louisville will be down for the next 3-4 seasons like they were from 2007-2009. I think Louisville will be looking for a new head coach in December also.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Once -- well, maybe many times -- in the early years we had the trifecta of a passing game. We had ineffective receivers, a quarterback who couldn't throw, and we couldn't protect at all. Paul said on the radio show in so many words that the pass was the call, but we he had so little confidence in it he kept trying to find a way to run the ball. I think that is sorta where we are again. Duke had so many defenders in pursuit we couldn't block them all, and I'm guessing a better passing game would have been the answer.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Disagree majorly.
GT has advantages that other programs wish they had, even being a high academic technical institution. That’s actually a selling point in many ways. You run an offense that repulsive to many recruits and eliminates your program from high level recruiting and it show. Then mention the lack of support from the athletic program and wah lah. Tod is fixing the back end now it’s time to fix the front.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
But AFTER that, they will be back because they will commit to getting a " modern" coach , spend money for recruiting , they have an abundance of majors for athletes, and a good fan base.
Kentucky looks like they're for real and that will put the Louisville football program and their recruiting in Kentucky in a tough situation.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
No problem. We will see, but I may be dead before we get a lot better.
Disagree majorly.
GT has advantages that other programs wish they had, even being a high academic technical institution. That’s actually a selling point in many ways. You run an offense that repulsive to many recruits and eliminates your program from high level recruiting and it show. Then mention the lack of support from the athletic program and wah lah. Tod is fixing the back end now it’s time to fix the front.
I really hope you are right. We will be down when changing coaches , that would be expected. But if we see positive changes , we can breathe again.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Marshall looked like he got hurt on the first sack. He seem to be favoring one leg if he was hurt and the coach still played him then I have a big problem with the coach . Defense did play better till we fumble over and over. And I do believe if I was a special teams coach after the first 2 kickoff returns I would tell the returner just call a fair catch and we will,get it on the 25.