Duke Postgame

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
it did look on the first play he was hurt after the sack. He looked to be limping between plays . If he was hurt that's on the coach for keeping him in the game.

I can’t understand why TM wasn’t pulled out of the game. Surely a healthy TO or JG is better than an unhealthy TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Or I might recommend a typical Saturday night at Tiger Stadium with the usual well lubricated Cajun crowd in full throat cry sort of like what UGA experienced this past Saturday when they came to grief.

That place was louder than hades. And I was among the lubricated as well :)

I'll get to see it again in 3 weeks when Bama comes in to play Dem Tigers. (Who Dat?)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Even the ones in the stands kinda suck honestly. The majority of the crowd never makes noise for the D. Maybe half the crowd will make a little on 3rd downs. But we have one of the worst crowds in p5 football and it’s been this way for quite awhile.

The lady in front of me literally sits all game long and with her fingers in her ears. The stands are a wasteland of fans that appear to be watching a match at Wimbledon.

Really creates an atmosphere 3 star recruits just can’t say no to.

Yeah, people stare at me like I’m interrupting their conversation when I’m cheering (yelling). It bothered me at one time but now I just ignore it. A lot of our fans cheer like one and two stars.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
There are ways to exploit overly aggressive defenses but it is apparent that these plays aren’t on CPJ’s play sheet. Wait...he doesn’t even have a play sheet.

One of the many facts that have been pointed out every single game on TV since he’s been at Tech.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I will agree that academics is a selling point to some of our recruits. However, I think that it eliminates many four and five stars from the mix. My reasoning is that if you are a four or five star, you probably have attainable and reasonable NFL aspirations so the NFL is probably high on the priority list, not academics. There are quite a few D-1 schools that offer a good, but not great, education while still giving them a shot at the next level. And let’s be honest, if you are a top-tier athlete, you want to play at a top-tier program where you’ll get plenty of exposure and playing time.

If you a top academic student and have the option of going to a top academic school and get the education then GT can definitely be on that list. A lot of kids want to go to Stanford. They pull at least 2 out of the state yearly. Michigan is a top school. I remember when people made these same arguments about each of them including Notre Dame, Northwestern, & now Duke. It can be done.
That’s why it’s imperative for GT to be a school that can offer both. A great education and a potential pathway to the NFL. Right now GT can only really offer one. Why make it harder to recruit when you have intrinsic barriers from the beginning.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That place was louder than hades. And I was among the lubricated as well :)

I'll get to see it again in 3 weeks when Bama comes in to play Dem Tigers. (Who Dat?)
While in texas we used to go to lsu games with lsu alum /friends. It is really an event open to the common folks. The friday night party / cajun meal followed by the all afternoon tailgate st the stadium which is a blast. Oh yea, then there is first half.

There is a embracing spirit for all that love lsu.

Gt has very private tail gates.

Deleted member 2897

On the first play sewak had a weird line up.
Will Bryan on the program.
Marshall injured on bench due to injury.
WB on bench to start the game ( played a ton after early silliness ended)

Starters:
LEFT SIDE
r fr swinney at LT;
all conference braun at LG;
Long time starter Jr cooper at center ;
RIGHT SIDE
Soph hansen in 3rd start (other 2 against teams that were not experienced with our offense.
Next
R junior walkon who just won a scholarship at RT.

First play is a pass to left.
The right side lb has walked up.
On snap the right guard helps the center
and they double team one guy.

Also on the snap the lb blitzs .
Now the rt has to pick 2. he initially goes for lb, but realized no one had the d e so he goes for him and he got zero. The r g realizes his mistake and chases the de to the qb.

(At tech conference center I heard later from some one that would know qb played the whole game hurt.)

When RT came off later Coach chased him around yelling at him. The player that screwed up was the r g . What competent o line coach allows 2 rookies to block the qb s blind side? . Who was making the line calls to pick up the backside?

A bit later in game , here came WB and he did pretty well. On a long run by marshall WB was downfield making legal downfield holding pancake block on a defensive end. Lee played a lot as well.

The coastal knows our scheme.
Got to find a super w r and fast.

Did you read the thread that said they practiced Dukes alignment all week, and then when the game started Kenny Cooper for some reason started calling conflicting audibles on the line, leading to folks being turned loose? One of the more incredible inexplicable things we’ve seen here. When the coaches figured out what was happening, they pulled him for Lee. CPJ laid into KC in the post game press conference.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Did you read the thread that said they practiced Dukes alignment all week, and then when the game started Kenny Cooper for some reason started calling conflicting audibles on the line, leading to folks being turned loose? One of the more incredible inexplicable things we’ve seen here. When the coaches figured out what was happening, they pulled him for Lee. CPJ laid into KC in the post game press conference.
I would like to hear Kenny's side.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

684Bee

Helluva Engineer

How does this happen? Getting physically whipped by better guys is one thing, but making repeated incorrect calls for something you’ve practiced for all week is inexcusable.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
If an unhealthy TM is better than a healthy TO or JG, things are worse than many think.

I don't want to think about it that way, but it might be the reality. I know we have all been wondering why CPJ has apparently not seen what is going on at QB and made adjustments. The more I think about it, it's more likely the case that Coach knows exactly what kind of mess we have on our hands and there is no good way out.

Deleted member 2897

I would like to hear Kenny's side.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

They asked him in the post game, and he was pretty mum. Just said he messed it up. I didn’t listen to the whole thing when he was behind the mic because his answers started out ridiculous from the top. They asked him what Duke was doing that made it so tough (paraphrasing) and he said nothing...and that was it. Huh? (The mixed calls came up after that) You can watch the video for yourself. He was probably embarrassed. If I were the kids after a game like that, I wouldn’t come out in front of he camera. I’d get cleaned up and leave.

Deleted member 2897

I don't want to think about it that way, but it might be the reality. I know we have all been wondering why CPJ has apparently not seen what is going on at QB and made adjustments. The more I think about it, it's more likely the case that Coach knows exactly what kind of mess we have on our hands and there is no good way out.

Yea we have an injured QB1 and a guy who was QB5 last year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yea we have an injured QB1 and a guy who was QB5 last year.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor .....

The fact is attrition hurts our program way worse than programs with less recruiting limitations.

LONG TERM
When we get new coach he needs a better plan for redshirting people so they can feel they have a place in years r jr and or r sr. A few good special teams players are needed. Better people skills by the position coaches should be visible to AD.

This was supposed to be the year we had experienced ol and skill players , and a returning qb. It was the year we were to run the damn ball.

This year we ran well against Pitt, terrible against Clemson (duh), and not well against Duke. After the 3rd quarter fumble fest, I had hoped to see at least 2 death marches in the 4th. The stands cleared out at end of end like it was half time . The defense kept Duke from scoring in the 4th but the offense was hitting on half strength. Went out with a sputter.

I say we give the guys full support to get the offense in gear in last 5 games ( 3 road games and 2 home games against 3 top 30 teams)
My season goal for 18 was of 7-5 w some blow out wins against the lower acc coastal. 7 wins is gone, but 6 is do able and we could get the offense hitting on all cylinders by u g a.

Still sputter at uga will make it very clear for the AD.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
"with her fingers in her ears" Surely, this is hyperbole on your part. Tell you what. Let me know what section you are in and I will go give her one of my hearing aids so she can get the full college football effect. Or I might recommend a typical Saturday night at Tiger Stadium with the usual well lubricated Cajun crowd in full throat cry sort of like what UGA experienced this past Saturday when they came to grief.

I’m not lying. Come to section 101, row 24 and I’ll show you. You won’t have to wait long if we are on D.

I’m not sure if @boger2337 noticed it, he might be able to confirm if he did. Pretty sure he sits close to me. It kinda cracks me up. Some folks just don’t like noise around them.