Duke Postgame

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Thoughts:

KO coverage and return continue to kill us. KO Coverage gave Duke one of 4 short fields that ended in a Duke TD. Return gave us crappy field position and Duke the ball on our 5 yard line. Been going on forever and never gets fixed (except KO's by Butker).

I can't recall the last time I saw a 180 lb kick returner push the pile forward 10 yards or more like Duke's guy did in the first half.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
It seems to me though that TStan is a huge proponent in CPJ and getting CPJ the resources he needs (more funding, more support coaches, more recruiting staff, locker room etc). It seems that those resources will be key in TStans mind in getting the ship back on track. I guess the real question now is, is it a coach and option thing or is a GT thing or a mix that's the problem now ?

The other problem is that, the fan base is eroding, people are losing faith in CPJ and GT athletics right now and even if CPJ can right the ship will we regain fans that already hate CPJ?

I want to continue to support these kids , but I also don't want to see the program continue to sputter.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There are ways to exploit overly aggressive defenses but it is apparent that these plays aren’t on CPJ’s play sheet. Wait...he doesn’t even have a play sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh come now. We know that isn’t true and we’ve had prior proof. But it definitely seems true this year.

I love TM. I do, he’s a tough kid and runs the option well. But we have all but abandoned our pass attack with his limitations there.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I’m not lying. Come to section 101, row 24 and I’ll show you. You won’t have to wait long if we are on D.

I’m not sure if @boger2337 noticed it, he might be able to confirm if he did. Pretty sure he sits close to me. It kinda cracks me up. Some folks just don’t like noise around them.

I sit close to you. Section 102, row 21, close to the aisle between sections 101 and 102. You guys inspire me to get loud.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
... Lastly, the east side of stands continue to disappoint in attendance. I don't know what but something should be done about that.

What needs to be done to the East side attendance?

Saturday I decided to buy an East side ticket. I was to enter Gate 8. The usual lines to get searched but no one asked to see my ticket. Seriously! Get the word out that there is free attendance at Gate 8.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I’m not lying. Come to section 101, row 24 and I’ll show you. You won’t have to wait long if we are on D.

I’m not sure if @boger2337 noticed it, he might be able to confirm if he did. Pretty sure he sits close to me. It kinda cracks me up. Some folks just don’t like noise around them.

I think what amazes me most is the lack of support these "fans" give. How do you want your team to get pumped up when everyone is sitting down and texting their friend, or focused on anything but the game. I mean heck, I work hard and hate to waste money. What's the point of going to the game if you don't interact and make some noise for your team??? Might as well stay home and give the tickets to someone who will yell and make some friggin noise on defense.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Hard to find anything positive except some signs of progress for Nate Woody and the defense.
I read the AJC this morning and CPJ is quoted as saying it's time to go back to the basics ??? ... to me this says a lot, spring practice, fall camp, seven games into the season and we are going back to the basics ???
OH and BTW I do have something positive to say ... GO DAWGS (sic) Thank You LSU !
This is kind of pathetic, but the best thing about watching UGAG lose is when they show their fans in the stands on TV ... (almost) made my day !

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This has been an issue for as long as I have been a tech fan , student and alumni.
We just don't have a large enough die hard fan base to fill the stadium when we aren't good even if it is homecoming
We aren't like other schools and I'm not sure how you change that.
If tech isnt good football becomes a lower priority for many students and fans, thats just how I've always seen it
I think what amazes me most is the lack of support these "fans" give. How do you want your team to get pumped up when everyone is sitting down and texting their friend, or focused on anything but the game. I mean heck, I work hard and hate to waste money. What's the point of going to the game if you don't interact and make some noise for your team??? Might as well stay home and give the tickets to someone who will yell and make some friggin noise on defense.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
This has been an issue for as long as I have been a tech fan , student and alumni.
We just don't have a large enough die hard fan base to fill the stadium when we aren't good even if it is homecoming
We aren't like other schools and I'm not sure how you change that.
If tech isnt good football becomes a lower priority for many students and fans, thats just how I've always seen it

It's a shame.

See I was an emcee for my high school. I ran pep rallys, and was responsible for the fans to become engaged. We didn't lose a home game in the 1.5 years I did it. I wish tech would allow me to do something like that. They have a problem with the audio choice and a few other things. Most important thing is to get students into the game and be loud.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's a shame.

See I was an emcee for my high school. I ran pep rallys, and was responsible for the fans to become engaged. We didn't lose a home game in the 1.5 years I did it. I wish tech would allow me to do something like that. They have a problem with the audio choice and a few other things. Most important thing is to get students into the game and be loud.

Whoever runs the sound system at games is killing me.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Oh me too... Me too... Get the players and students excited and it will carry over to the rest. Whoever does it, did better against Duke, but has a long ways to go.

I'm curious on the restrictions they have music choice wise.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I just think back to last year, going to the Clemson Game at Clemson . It was cold and raining the entire game. I was soaked and not having fun, yet the stadium was still mostly full. Clemson fans are die hard.
Or being in Athens sadly a few years ago when UGA started off the season with a bad record under Kirby smart, the fans still showed.

If someone can figure out how to achieve this at Tech I will be amazed. We are one of the few schools where the library is still full on game days .
It's a shame.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I just think back to last year, going to the Clemson Game at Clemson . It was cold and raining the entire game. I was soaked and not having fun, yet the stadium was still mostly full. Clemson fans are die hard.
Or being in Athens sadly a few years ago when UGA started off the season with a bad record under Kirby smart, the fans still showed.

If someone can figure out how to achieve this at Tech I will be amazed. We are one of the few schools where the library is still full on game days .

Tuition discount if you go and stay for every home game lolol bonus if you attend one away game

Animal02

Banned
It's a shame.

Why am I not surprised that you take credit for a team winning because you emceed. :rolleyes:

Animal02

Banned
Oh come now. We know that isn’t true and we’ve had prior proof. But it definitely seems true this year.

I love TM. I do, he’s a tough kid and runs the option well. But we have all but abandoned our pass attack with his limitations there.
It is sad that you are one of the few with any common sense left posting. Between the idiots who want to play for next year to the ones that think recruiting at Tech is no different than recruiting at Indiana, to those that think we should drop a division...........common sense is pretty rare.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Agree- then the 300 band members come out at half time and blare at the west stands.

We do need more buzz before the games so there is a line when gates open. No reason to come early. We are first in every time and there is no line.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
It's always hilarious to me that there are people on this board that think they know our personnel better than the coaches. CPJ and staff spend probably 60-80 hours per week studying/watching our players, and you watch 3 hours on a Saturday in your free time and all of a sudden you know who should be starting at QB? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

You can question play calling. You can question clock management. You can question 4th down decision making. But for people to argue that TO should be starting over TQM and that the coaches are wrong for doing anything otherwise proves to me how totally ignorant to the situation some posting here are.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It's always hilarious to me that there are people on this board that think they know our personnel better than the coaches. CPJ and staff spend probably 60-80 hours per week studying/watching our players, and you watch 3 hours on a Saturday in your free time and all of a sudden you know who should be starting at QB? Think about how ridiculous that sounds.

You can question play calling. You can question clock management. You can question 4th down decision making. But for people to argue that TO should be starting over TQM and that the coaches are wrong for doing anything otherwise proves to me how totally ignorant to the situation some posting here are.

If CPJ wasn’t making questionable decisions like fake punts on our own 20 or not even trying to run a hurry-up offense when you’re down 21, I’d agree with you. I’ve been a big CPJ supporter but he’s been doing things that defy logic lately. So I would argue again that a healthy backup has to be better than an unhealthy starter. If not, as another poster pointed out, we are in even worse shape than it appears.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
If CPJ wasn’t making questionable decisions like fake punts on our own 20 or not even trying to run a hurry-up offense when you’re down 21, I’d agree with you. I’ve been a big CPJ supporter but he’s been doing things that defy logic lately. So I would argue again that a healthy backup has to be better than an unhealthy starter. If not, as another poster pointed out, we are in even worse shape than it appears.

Those are split second, in-game decisions, which are totally fair game to criticize. What's not, in my opinion, is a strategic decision that is thought out well beforehand that is made collectively by the coaching staff, where they have access to all of the information and fans like you and me have a tiny snapshot.

To your health point - we don't know the degree of TQM's injury, or if he's even injured. It's the 7th game of the season - everyone is banged up in some form or fashion, which could cause limps or guys getting up slow. If TQM is playing through a sustained, legit injury, then I'd agree maybe someone else needs to play. But we don't know that now, and we damn sure didn't know at 1:30PM on Saturday. Only the coaches did. Making arguments without all the information is foolish.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I agree with this, especially a gimpy starting QB in a TO offense.