Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Equal footing was caveated by size. We can’t keep expecting our guys fight above their weight class and expect to win.

Because unlike anyone else for except 40 or so players i went thru a football transition, i spent a yr around CGC & know how geniune he is, i know what it takes to win a ACC title. Our current elements not it, but I’m absolutely confident we’ll get there sooner rather than later

Your confidence is most reassuring. I wish that I fully shared it.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
That was just for all of the whiners on here that worry about our attendance. Hell, we could be Duke. They have a decent team and can't even draw a high school size crowd. So the next time you feel sorry for Georgia Tech's poorly attended games, remember, it can get a hell of a lot worse.

Go Jackets!
I'm worried we may look like that late next season

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anyone believes Tech needs a top 15 O Line and D Line to compete. Neither of the lines are even top 100 right now. You can scheme around a line that’s even considered competent compared to other Power 5 teams. This line is no where near that level. Starting 2 walkons on the OL is unheard of in this age of college football. Most teams have at least 10 scholarship linemen. To be down to 3 scholarship guys starting is unimaginable, and would mean horrible seasons for every team in the country.

I question whether these guys coaching right now can scheme around anything.

Milwaukee

Banned
I’m gonna laugh my *** off when at the end of the Mother of All Rebuilds in the History of College Football Evvvvverr we do nothing more than churn out 6-8 win seasons with an occasional magic season. Like we’ve done - oh - for the past 60 years.

The mental gymnastics people will put themselves through at the end of this road is gonna be entertaining as hell.

Lol why would that be funny? Taking a chance on breaking the 6-8 win norm from 60 years isn't even a risk. Take 5-7 years and see if we can get over that historical hump and if we can't then GO BACK TO THE 60 YEAR NORM. lol. ????

Why don't a few of you understand this elementary concept?

I am going to put this here but open honest question. What is our offense? You can say Pro style but what does that mean. Gailey ran a pro style and it looks nothing like this. We are not spread option, spread, or air raid. To me we seem to have no scheme what so ever and to me that is an issue. Frankly it sort of looks like......now you are the coke top and you are the piece of glass, run down and turn around and I will throw it to you.

Milwaukee

Banned
So suppose Graham goes down for good in one of the remaining games. THAT ONE PLAY TODAY counts against his 4 games not to have to burn his redshirt. If Graham were to go down for the season in the 10th game, it wouldn't matter, but if he were to go down in the 9th game, then there goes the redshirt. STUPID !!!

Lol how about maybe holding off on your hypothetical panic attack inducing in which you're slandering the coaching staff until I don't know, maybe that highly unlikely doomsday event happens?

LibertyTurns

Banned
I am not worried about Yates losing a year of eligibility. If he can help us, play his butt. We don't need to be worried about the future we are on life support right now!

Go Jackets!
It’s an indicator of the staff’s readiness, ability, capabilities, etc to manage our program & roster during the game. It’s not a positive indicator of what they’re currently capable of & you can chuck up flak all around it in order to defend the decision but the honest truth is the staff was caught unprepared. It was a very poor decision. Maybe Graham gets hurt in game 9, Yates is next man up and has to go the rest of the year & instead of being able to have 4.5 years of Yates as starting QB in the event he lights the world on fire, you now have 3.5

That 2 pt conversion was not going to be a big deal. Put Oliver in at QB, run the 1 play & we wouldn’t be sitting here questioning CGC’s judgment AGAIN. Face it, CGC’s judgment is not taken for granted like other coaches. Yeah every coach gets questioned about why they ran this play or that, that defense or this, but our coach’s judgment is not currently being measured/analyzed in terms of making the right game call it’s whether he has basic judgment at all because of what has transpired since he took over.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I question whether these guys coaching right now can scheme around anything.
It’s a valid concern. But it’s way too early to tell one way or the other.

We have the least talented lines in all of the ACC. I’ve watched every team play at least once. It is that bad.
Our DL plays a lot of guys, but sadly the only guy to stand out athletically is a freshman from Belgium .
We have an already undersized line and starting walkons on the OL. A guy that split time at Vandy is our starting LT.

It’s a testament to PJs genius that we won 7 games last year. If you gave him this roster, we probably beat the citadel, and move the ball more, but I believe we are at 2-4 at this point.

Jury is out on the staff but I can’t blame a man for getting beaten while handcuffed.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I am going to put this here but open honest question. What is our offense? You can say Pro style but what does that mean. Gailey ran a pro style and it looks nothing like this. We are not spread option, spread, or air raid. To me we seem to have no scheme what so ever and to me that is an issue. Frankly it sort of looks like......now you are the coke top and you are the piece of glass, run down and turn around and I will throw it to you.

Just like in politics, it seems more like an anti 3O with no real substance behind it. We don't know what we are doing, but its not the 3O

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
What has that got to do with anything?
I must be missing something, this is what you wrote, are you talking about Yates here?

“So suppose Graham goes down for good in one of the remaining games. THAT ONE PLAY TODAY counts against his 4 games not to have to burn his redshirt. If Graham were to go down for the season in the 10th game, it wouldn't matter, but if he were to go down in the 9th game, then there goes the redshirt. STUPID !!!“

Deleted member 2897

Which game do you see us winning besides citadel?
I was there for 2015. This roster is worse.

Other than Clemson and Georgia, the rest of our schedule this year would have been viewed as tossups. People would have expect 5-9 wins. Nobody would have expected us to get blown away by Temple and Duke. Offense was shut out against Temple. It was 38-7 at one point today. Sad.

Deleted member 2897

Lol how about maybe holding off on your hypothetical panic attack inducing in which you're slandering the coaching staff until I don't know, maybe that highly unlikely doomsday event happens?

The sad thing is the coaching staff is indicting themselves.

CPJ did that before (bring a true freshman in for 1 play), and it was stupid then too.