Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

LibertyTurns

Banned
So why isn't he doing well at Duke. He's been there over a decade. Forest 4 to 5 years can be infrastructure bills, he should have done accomplishment to his name by now. I haven't seen anything from him.

Also why has no other school hire him away in that time span or even tried to? Since he would have done so much better here?
No P5 AD wants a coach that sells 15k season tickets a year.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
So why isn't he doing well at Duke. He's been there over a decade. Forest 4 to 5 years can be infrastructure bills, he should have done accomplishment to his name by now. I haven't seen anything from him.

Also why has no other school hire him away in that time span or even tried to? Since he would have done so much better here?

If you don't see the accomplishments for Duke football you aren't looking. They aren't a juggernaut and likely never will be but he has them at a level they haven't seen since Spurrier.

Just for completeness he has had offers from TN twice since he has been at Duke. Turned them down. Has had other inquiries as well. He has pretty much stated he likes it at Duke and will retire there so you aren't going to see his name out there a lot.

Got a kick out of him stealing from CPJ this season with the talent he has at QB - limited as far as pro style is concerned. They ran the speed sweep as well or better than we did.

If you believe he would have recruited QBs to ATL then he likely would have done well at GT. Better than CPJ - who knows.

slugboy

Staff member
LOL and in 1987 Spurrier wanted the Tech job as he was an assistant here before. We hired Ross instead. And the funny thing is Spurrier won the ACC with Duke and left after 1989. Ross won the NC and left after 1991.

I had heard he was interested when we hired Curry; I didn’t hear that he was interested from Duke—at that point, I thought he wanted Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I am with CGC, but please show improvement on the field, not just saying so in the press conference.

Success is winning football games. You can talk the talk, please walk the walk. By any statistic on offense or defense, we fans are not seeing anything to convince us success is going to come.
wow, didn't you see that we had almost 200 yds in passing and didn't lose a fumble? Gotta be positive.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Ok, so he continues with monumental transformation. We won 7 games last year, 5 the year before and 9 before that. What the hell is the transformation....to be 1-11? Sure we are changing the offense but to what. It was said earlier in a post that in 2021 he need to win 10 games....well based on this monumental transformation....he better. And I will tell you now....he will not. I credit him for his enthusiasm.....but he does not understand that we are more like Navy than Alabama. And for all you that think otherwise....I have 50 years of Tech football.....do you?

That’s the issue. This roster is closer Navy than a Top 25 program as it should be.

Since your crew love to act so naive to what is occurring.

Collins inherited a weird, disjointed OL and lost it’s best OL to Grad Transfer;

Very thin WR production

No returning starting QB

The top four DLs are all gone one through tragedy.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s the issue. This roster is closer Navy than a Top 25 program as it should be.

Collins inherited a weird, disjointed OL and lost it’s best OL to Grad Transfer;

Very thin WR production

No returning starting QB

There’s enough there to make us competitive in games. To claim we don’t have the talent to hang for a half with a UNC or Duke is trash. It’s not like the wheels fall off when our 1s run out of gas. CGC can’t even make us competitive for a half of football.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
There’s enough there to make us competitive in games. To claim we don’t have the talent to hang for a half with a UNC or Duke is trash. It’s not like the wheels fall off when our 1s run out of gas. CGC can’t even make us competitive for a half of football.

I repeat how many halves we were competitive vs. Duke. Looks like 3 in 3yrs
BB961249-4854-403E-86DA-153E724FB2AE.jpeg

A38A9C1D-285C-450C-891D-E7DEC67AFA13.png

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
Great. Our talent should be able to hang with Duke for a half. Glad you agree, I guess?

I guess we’re just gonna ignore UNC’s trend???

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
NO. They played hard for 3 quarters. The players and the coaches all decided to sit out the second quarter.
This is the truth. Near the end of the 2nd quarter was horrible. I don't know if CGC is one to raise hell, but this should have been his time. Come on coaching staff, lead and prepare better and win a damn game. If we can get our offense moving the ball better, our defense won't be worn down so much. We've actually improved with our open field tackling. One more thing, before the season started there was talk about moving players around to different positions. How about moving Jerry Howard to linebacker. That guy is kicking butt on the football field.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Seriously, would you consider doing the defensive breakdowns again? And if you have already done any I would be interested in knowing where they are.

I honestly prefer doing the defense with the voiceover but time is very slim at the moment. I’ll definitely see if i can get message across with the gifs

FLTech

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m so done with this football team that it is very difficult to even make this post.

This is year zero. Everybody knew we were going to be terrible. I honestly think we weren’t going to be this terrible thoigh

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So suppose Graham goes down for good in one of the remaining games. THAT ONE PLAY TODAY counts against his 4 games not to have to burn his redshirt. If Graham were to go down for the season in the 10th game, it wouldn't matter, but if he were to go down in the 9th game, then there goes the redshirt. STUPID !!!
No to argue, but probably they did not know for sure the severity of Graham's at the time and if he would return. Could also be that they plan to not red shirt him this year if he catches up and surpasses Graham.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Very thin WR production

No returning starting QB

Ok, but I bet the Navy would stomp The Citadel.........