Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

No to argue, but probably they did not know for sure the severity of Graham's at the time and if he would return. Could also be that they plan to not red shirt him this year if he catches up and surpasses Graham.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
Sorry. It was a totally unnecessary 2-point conversion play. When the QB goes down, KICK THE DAMN PAT.

and...

It’s bad loss but just one loss.

Hell, the last FBS team The Citadel beat just took down #3 UGA yesterday

Just take the season one week at time and hope we see improvement and play competitively for 4 qtrs
Agree, look for improvement,,,,,,,but the Citadel loss and not even being competitive with teams is something beyond where we should be. Argue all one wants to about CPJ but you can count on 1 hand the games that we got really beat.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Sorry. It was a totally unnecessary 2-point conversion play. When the QB goes down, KICK THE DAMN PAT.

Actually he was trying to get to 16 down - 2 scores. It was the right play if you are wanting to play to win.

I am really surprised that using one of 4 games available to the now second string QB is a serious issue to ***** at Collins about. Plenty of real things to ***** at. This one is kind of funny

LibertyTurns

Banned
He went for it to make a 18pt deficit, 16pts (a potential 2 score deal).

I am really surprised that using one of 4 games available to the now second string QB is a serious issue to ***** at Collins about. Plenty of real things to ***** at. This one is kind of funny
It’s a window into the capability of the staff at different decision points. Not a big deal in & of itself, but add it up with not knowing when to call timeouts, not knowing what to do in the event you’re facing a clock run off with the game on the line, inability to control the Team with the game in the balance, incessant rotation of players, taking out the hot hand, etc. At some point it’s really going to matter & I’d prefer we not be the ACC version of Les Miles when it comes to figuring out what to do in crunch time. C’mon man, watch some games, get a tutor/mentor, hire someone to help, study up, etc. Just don’t stand there & screw the pooch every damn weekend when faced with a choice most people could make much less someone paid to do it.

Actually he was trying to get to 16 down - 2 scores. It was the right play if you are wanting to play to win.

I know he was trying to get to a 2-score game, but when the QB you were planning to use for the play and who has been moving the team down the field gets hurt, then you don't suddenly put an untested replacement in. The odds of an untested replacement executing the play properly are pretty much minimum, so KICK THE DAMN BALL !!!

Animal02

Banned
I know he was trying to get to a 2-score game, but when the QB you were planning to use for the play and who has been moving the team down the field gets hurt, then you don't suddenly put an untested replacement in. The odds of an untested replacement executing the play properly are pretty much minimum, so KICK THE DAMN BALL !!!
Stupid to be chasing points at that point. ( CPJ fell for that too sometimes)

Jolly Good Fellow
Or let TO take over at QB and run the option.....he woulda kept it of course....;)
The ONLY way to read this is Geoff does not think Yates will EVER be his QB....

slugboy

Staff member
Or let TO take over at QB and run the option.....he woulda kept it of course....;)
The ONLY way to read this is Geoff does not think Yates will EVER be his QB....

The best way to read Yates getting playing time is that his coaches thought he deserved to get into the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Can I launch a personal attack against myself? Because I post all kinds of opinionated comments but have a pretty shallow understanding of football.

I haven't read the rest of this thread, but I think the answer is, "Yes."

As I've read your posts over the last several years I have found each and every one of them to be a personal attack against yourself. (... as others have read my posts against me ...:unsure:)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The guys played hard for 4 qtrs yesterday. That’s coaching and being bought in.

I used to teach at a university. I got sick of hearing from kids who wanted credit for time and effort. I think the GT culture of the 80's had a point about the value of results. Praising "playing hard" and "being bought in" has meaning when it ends in results--which I still hope it will. Go Jackets.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
and...

It’s bad loss but just one loss.

Hell, the last FBS team The Citadel beat just took down #3 UGA yesterday

Just take the season one week at time and hope we see improvement and play competitively for 4 qtrs

The Citadel 2019 has already lost more games than that 2015 team that went to the FCS playoffs.

Animal02

Banned
I used to teach at a university. I got sick of hearing from kids who wanted credit for time and effort. I think the GT culture of the 80's had a point about the value of results. Praising "playing hard" and "being bought in" has meaning when it ends in results--which I still hope it will. Go Jackets.
Yeah , my wife is a full professor at the U of Mich. I just shake my head at most of the stuff she tells me about kids these days. I would have been on the south side of North looking in had I tried some of the stuff they do.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
They are still FCS, right?

I don't want to read your mind. Could you explain your point?

Let me be clear. I think that most people looking at the 2015 season of South Carolina, where the Ol' Ball Coach retires after starting 2-4 and the OL coach Shawn Elliot takes over losing the last 5 games have tended to contextualize the loss to the Citadel during that last-5 stretch accordingly.

So, to be clear, South Carolina had a new head coach the season after they lost to the Citadel. However, you do not seem to be arguing for that in our situation. I really have no idea what point you are trying to make.

Is it your point that we should not expect better against a losing-record FCS team than what SCar got from their offensive line coach (who hasn't seemed to coach much sense) against a playoff FCS coach?

Again, I fully appreciate that you may like to drop little comments in from your pedestal of greatness without responding to requests for clarification, but I really do want to understand.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
You want in depth analysis for the most basic stuff. Whether they were better or not in 2015 is irrelevant. They are still an FCS that no one at the FBS level should lose too. Unfortunately, we did as did UofSC. Fortunately, it’s just one loss that I’m confident won’t sink our program as hasn’t sunk UofSC

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
So why isn't he doing well at Duke. He's been there over a decade. Forest 4 to 5 years can be infrastructure bills, he should have done accomplishment to his name by now. I haven't seen anything from him.

Also why has no other school hire him away in that time span or even tried to? Since he would have done so much better here?
He has. Duke is a much better program with Cut than before him.