Duke is going to be a handful this year-

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
He seemed more emotional to me as well. Seemed very frustrated at times but I would think that coaching talented kids like those at Miami that have great skills and questionable discipline would be frustrating.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I haven't watched them this year until tonight, but you are right. They don't do anything special on offense. If the D plays the way they did against Pitt we should have our way with them. On D they are strong against the run but did seem to get worn out. The secondary looked like their weak spot. I really am not worried about Duke if we minimize the mistakes and the D stays playing well.

Miami on the other hand looks pretty good. On offense they have some really good weapons. On D they are fast and play downhill really hard. I could see them having a lot of big plays for loss against us, but also it will turn into a lot of big plays for us. With the way they play D and the way our blocking has been we could have a good day against them. I believe it will be a recipe for success for us. I think our A backs could have a big day against their LB's on play action. This could be a really close game, hopefully with them having FSU before us and with us having a bye week, that will give us a good advantage.
The Miami QB Rosier is a lot more accurate passer than I thought he would be. He's pretty strong in the short passing game and the Canes are like Clemson-lite with all those athletes that can get yards after the catch. Our defense will be tested against them.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Miami isclose to Clemp on DEF and decent on Off.Unless we play crazy good and they have TOs, it will be TOUGH.
Dook up there will be a problem unless we play a nearly perfect game.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I thought Duke played well against Miami, just out manned athletically. We will find out tonight about VT.
I am looking for the GT team that put 600 plus yards offense on UT. Anyone seem them?

Also find out about UGA tonight.

I thought Duke played well against Miami, just out manned athletically. We will find out tonight about VT.
I am looking for the GT team that put 600 plus yards offense on UT. Anyone seem them?

Also find out about UGA tonight.
Southern Cal losing last night cleared one road block for Georgia getting to the playoffs. Our mission becomes more clear.

No way they are close to Clemson on D imo. They haven't played anyone to prove that, and last year they definitely weren't.
yeah, Manny Diaz is no Venables. But they were definitely head and shoulders better than Duke. The Coastal picture will become clearer each week. Duke can get back in the hunt with a couple of wins, and they look capable of beating us or Virginia Tech, and they have already beaten UNC. They should take care of Pitt. Miami needs a couple of losses. FSU can help out there.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Miami is not there yet, but the class they hauling in this year with what they brought last year.. They getting a lot closer to Clemson/FSU real quick talent wise.

They gonna be serious problem. May concern this year is does GT have enough in the trenches to slow Miami down. CTR will have to play a lot of 4-3 that day.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
yeah, Manny Diaz is no Venables. But they were definitely head and shoulders better than Duke. The Coastal picture will become clearer each week. Duke can get back in the hunt with a couple of wins, and they look capable of beating us or Virginia Tech, and they have already beaten UNC. They should take care of Pitt. Miami needs a couple of losses. FSU can help out there.
After watching Duke I don't think they have a chance. I think Miami, VT, and GT are the top 3. GT and VT should be able to handle Duke from what I saw last night. Don't get me wrong they are solid, but they don't do anything special on offense and I think that will end up hurting them. JMO.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
After watching Duke I don't think they have a chance. I think Miami, VT, and GT are the top 3. GT and VT should be able to handle Duke from what I saw last night. Don't get me wrong they are solid, but they don't do anything special on offense and I think that will end up hurting them. JMO.
I think 8-4 Duke will play 8-4 Tennessee in the Belk Bowl.:eek: The Belk Bowl will be Praying for that matchup;)

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow

I was questioning this exact recruiting issue for WSU last night watching the game. I wondered since they are the 'little brother' to the 'big in state school' if they have similar challenges like what we have to deal with. Also a big fan of Coach Leach, even though his press conferences can wander, lol. Would be a cool bowl game to see a high ranked GT team vs this WSU squad in a bowl game. It would showcase two polar opposite offenses and the geniuses that designed and run them and ultimately would come down to who could get more out of their D I believe.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was questioning this exact recruiting issue for WSU last night watching the game. I wondered since they are the 'little brother' to the 'big in state school' if they have similar challenges like what we have to deal with. Also a big fan of Coach Leach, even though his press conferences can wander, lol. Would be a cool bowl game to see a high ranked GT team vs this WSU squad in a bowl game. It would showcase two polar opposite offenses and the geniuses that designed and run them and ultimately would come down to who could get more out of their D I believe.

Rose Bowl?