Duke is going to be a handful this year-

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
is Northwestern decent though? They didn't look very good last week against Nevada. I mean I'm not writing up Duke as a free win or anything but Northwestern might also just not be very good this year.
QB Thorson and RB Jackson are back for them this year. Honestly I don't know who all they lost, but Northwestern generally battles hard and doesn't get whipped like that very often. They've given Duke fits in the past.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I hate Puke as much as the rest of you guys, but I watched some of that game today. I hate to say it, but that QB looks good for them. He had 300+ passing and 100+ rushing. I can tell you this. Northwestern is better than Jax St.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
I was at the Duke game. Their QB Jones looked ok, but he had all day to throw, and even so often made bad decisions, throwing into multiple coverage many times. If NW had a decent defensive line or backfield they would have eaten him up.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Tired of these knee jerk reaction threads so early in the season. Nobody knows what kinds of team they have yet yet and this transitive property of opponents means nothing.
It's not a knee jerk reaction. It's based off honest observation. Northwestern has pretty much owned Duke in that series so to flip that momentum to a 24 point win is worth noticing. Northwestern is not especially down this year with their QB and RB who have been their top offensive performers both returning. So they had a bad game against Nevada???? If you saw the game, it is not knee jerk at all to say Jones is better than Sirk, who gave us fits and beat us. I hope we kill them, but I'm not chalking that game up as a 'W'.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It was 1 game against a team that I wouldnt call a very good team. I'll wait to make an opinion of duke after UNC and Miami. If I had to guess I would say duke will go 6-6 or 7-5. I could be wrong though.